HMS Bounty for FSX/P3D Going Beta Today - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: HMS Bounty for FSX/P3D Going Beta Today

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Are all these folks with the photos beta testers? With all these photos from different people I got the impression it was released.
    Guess it is still not out there yet for the rest of us.
    Yes, beta testers, but it is available to any SOH member who wishes to try it and report how it works on their setup.

Milton

EDIT: We will finalize this beta round Sunday evening. We have made several improvements based on responses and testing. I will put out another limited beta Monday or Tuesday to help validate our changes across sims and setups. If that goes well, we should see a release before next weekend.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by gdavej View Post
    I've been testing the Bounty in P3D v2.4, and I finally got the ship to move. I had tried everything from a gentle breeze up to almost hurricane force, but the ground speed had stubbonly showed zero. I'd tried it in Puget Sound and in the middle of the Pacific in case the water depth was too shallow, and still the ship was motionless. Finally I turned off the VRS tacpack which I also have installed, and voila... the ship started moving. Not sure how tacpack was interfering with the Bounty's movement, but it looks like that was the culprit.
    Wish I could find something similar lurking in the background that is keeping mine from moving. I'm in the latest version of 2.5 and the Bounty will not move at all.

Milton;

She sails great ! You are correct "... lots of time to contemplate life, drink one's favorite beverage, and enjoy the peace of the open sea."
    Sailed down the Lesser Antilles, changing weather and wind along the way, and so far every thing works as advertised. Had one glitch when
    calling up the GPS ; it took some finagling to close it. Next stop the Med and the Greek islands.

I know you haven't even finished the Bounty, but let me be the first to ask for a smaller personal vessel - ketch? (GA)

Or perhaps a fast transport -clipper ship ? (commercial)

Whoops - forgot this is a 'flight sim'.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Richard_Barnett_Spencer_-_Clipper_Ship_'Glengairn'_off_Dover,_Kent.jpg   Adventuress-Fife-big.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Wish I could find something similar lurking in the background that is keeping mine from moving. I'm in the latest version of 2.5 and the Bounty will not move at all.
    Falcon409, I know, I do too. It must be frustrating to you.

I guess just think about all the add ons you have. including specially programmed aircraft.

BTW, are you running the latest P3D compatible FSUIPC version?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Milton;

She sails great ! You are correct "... lots of time to contemplate life, drink one's favorite beverage, and enjoy the peace of the open sea."
    Sailed down the Lesser Antilles, changing weather and wind along the way, and so far every thing works as advertised. Had one glitch when
    calling up the GPS ; it took some finagling to close it. Next stop the Med and the Greek islands.

I know you haven't even finished the Bounty, but let me be the first to ask for a smaller personal vessel - ketch? (GA)

Or perhaps a fast transport -clipper ship ? (commercial)

Whoops - forgot this is a 'flight sim'.
    LOL Thanks :-)

FYI the GPS: Shift+2 should open/close the GPS, otherwise, right click and Close Window.

Well, I am doing a ketch, the Bounty Launch which is a 2 masted boat, screens shots of which I posted earlier. :-)

One issue with doing a faster ship like the personal large ketch in FS is that at about 17 knots, they get up on "the step" as a float plane would. Might not be an issue for that but it was weird to see with the Bounty and that's why she is restricted on top end. The clipper ship has 24 sails versus 14 for the Bounty. The Bounty has over 250 rigging lines, not including the clew lines that were duplicated to handle 10 animation stops (around 140 more). I cannot see doing the same for 24 sails. :-) Not sure I would have enough parts and polys available to do it justice unless we totally avoided a lower deck. Meanwhile we have 11 aircraft awaiting final steps to prepare for beta tests. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Thanks for the report .
    Is this repeatable ??
    Its a bit strange, since I use this groundspeed forcing method also in other addons , like Dinos freeware F35B.
    Which is specially adapted for use with tacpac., an that works fine.
    Are you using the F35B too in P3D ?

Rob
    Yes it is repeatable. Just ran P3D, first with tacpack disabled, then ran it with tacpack enabled, and finally tacpack disabled again. The Bounty moved when tacpack was disabled, and was motionless when tacpack was enabled. No idea why this is the case, of course. But hopefully, if anybody else is having issues like mine, it might provide a solution for their problems as well.

I also checked FSX, which also has tacpack installed. It seems that the Bounty will move even when tacpack is enabled in FSX. So this problem is related solely to tacpack in P3D. And of course, I don't know if the problem is just with the version of P3D that I have (v2.4) or whether all versions are so affected.

I do have the F35B in P3D, although I haven't used it since I got VRS Superbug and tacpack for P3D.

Had the same issue. Latest version of 2.5, was dead in the water. A hurricane could move it! Installed the latest FSUIPC.k and now works. Smooth sailing!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Falcon409, I know, I do too. It must be frustrating to you.
    I guess just think about all the add ons you have. including specially programmed aircraft.
    BTW, are you running the latest P3D compatible FSUIPC version?
    This was suggested some time ago and I found it unlikely, however I will ask this now because of what I just viewed while underwater. . .if the keel is deeper than the sea bottom, will it exert drag on the ship?

Addendum: "TuFun". . .yes, I did at the suggestion of Milton about 15 minutes ago. Hadn't thought about that really. Updated to 4.939k (Registered version). . . .however while I did immediately get under way I only traveled about a quarter mile before slowly coming to a stop at which point, just as in the previous 100+ attempts it would no longer budge. lol

This was suggested some time ago and I found it unlikely, however I will ask this now because of what I just viewed while underwater. . .if the keel is deeper than the sea bottom, will it exert drag on the ship?

Addendum: "TuFun". . .yes, I did at the suggestion of Milton about 15 minutes ago. Hadn't thought about that really. Updated to 4.939k (Registered version). . . .however while I did immediately get under way I only traveled about a quarter mile before slowly coming to a stop at which point, just as in the previous 100+ attempts it would no longer budge. lol
    I think drag would be exerted but unsure it would stop the ship. Have you tried sailing anywhere else in the world. I provided a long list of tested water ports. Try W33.

As I mentioned before, if you are reporting an issue, a rear Spot view screenshot of the situation with the SMW, the Test gauge (Shift+3) and AFSD (if you have it) with Engine data showing would be helpful, otherwise we can do nothing.

EDIT: BTW, the manual suggests the latest version of FSUIPC just for this P3D update reason.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

PM with a screenshot sent.

Thanks

. . . . . . I cannot see doing the same for 24 sails. :-) Not sure I would have enough parts and polys available to do it justice unless we totally avoided a lower deck. Meanwhile we have 11 aircraft awaiting final steps to prepare for beta tests. :-)
    Do any of the 11 aircraft float ?
    Quite understand about the parts and polys.
    Something smaller perhaps ? Without a lower deck.

FWIW - my sys is FSX accel on Win 7 Home Premium 64.
    Am about to set the mid watch. Have set clear course and will let Auto Skipper take her through the night while I retire.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sunflowerdelawarebay2.jpg  

PM with a screenshot sent.

Thanks
    Thank you Ed. I am disappointed that we can't get this working for you but the information you sent may be helpful. Unfortunately none of us has P3D so we must rely on others to do that beta testing, and that is why we cannot support P3D of any version. We appreciate your testing efforts over the last week, and maybe before the beta test cycle is over, we and the other P3D 2.5 testers will discover the reason.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Do any of the 11 aircraft float ?
    Quite understand about the parts and polys.
    Something smaller perhaps ? Without a lower deck.

FWIW - my sys is FSX accel on Win 7 Home Premium 64.
    Am about to set the mid watch. Have set clear course and will let Auto Skipper take her through the night while I retire.
    Yes, the Grumman Mallard.

But, in post #73, did you miss the 23" Bounty Launch, a 2-masted ketch?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post949732
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

however while I did immediately get under way I only traveled about a quarter mile before slowly coming to a stop at which point, just as in the previous 100+ attempts it would no longer budge. lol
    Ed, you are encountering the Cpt. Bligh syndrome, after 1/4 mile the crew is fed up with your scurvy ways and the lack of grog ipso facto mutiny.

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Had the same issue. Latest version of 2.5, was dead in the water. A hurricane could move it! Installed the latest FSUIPC.k and now works. Smooth sailing!

OMG, that's it. I have FSUIPC in FSX, but not P3D.

d

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    OMG, that's it. I have FSUIPC in FSX, but not P3D.

d
    Well, if that fixes your problem, then I think the last remaining v2.5 issue is with falcon409.

Would all the P3D v2.n beta testers weigh in and tell us if you are having issues with the Bounty, or if you are okay now?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Yes, beta testers, but it is available to any SOH member who wishes to try it and report how it works on their setup.

Milton

EDIT: We will finalize this beta round Sunday evening. We have made several improvements based on responses and testing. I will put out another limited beta Monday or Tuesday to help validate our changes across sims and setups. If that goes well, we should see a release before next weekend.
    Hi Milton. Thanks. Looks great. Where is the beta? I'd sure like to try it. Bob.

I think drag would be exerted but unsure it would stop the ship. Have you tried sailing anywhere else in the world. I provided a long list of tested water ports. Try W33.
    FWIW, I have dropped my theory about too little water below the keel - I tested sailing in a tiny inland lake in Denmark (Julsų), where the water is literally just a layer of paint on the mesh, and the ship performed beautifully. In my testing, I have really had to run her on land to run aground!

I also tried sailing around Pensacola, and could not replicate the issues Falcon had.
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Lovely shot! Lord Howe's Island??

Johan

Would all the P3D v2.n beta testers weigh in and tell us if you are having issues with the Bounty, or if you are okay now?
    The only issue I really have noticed is that the wake isn't so pretty in P3D because it gets chopped to bits by the wave animation, but that is the same for all ship wakes, more or less. I know Henrik Nielsen made some P3D specific changes to his AI ship wakes that make them look marginally better.

Apart from that, it's really hard not to love everything about Bounty.

(If anything, and this is really being subjective and nitpicky, I feel rudder response is a tiny bit too direct - I would expect a little more "creaking and shifting" before the rudder really kicks in (or "out") - but overall the inertia feels nice!).

I would have to say that everything points to something. . .some setting or lack thereof on my system as the root cause and what that could be is anyone's guess. What would allow sporadic functioning of the Bounty? Sometimes no more than a minute or two and other times an hour, but not beyond that. No clue.

Totally agree Falcon, and I have thought quite a bit about it without really coming up with anything.

My P3D setup is pretty basic when it comes to addon programs - the only things I load are FSUIPC, ASN and the SDK Traffic Toolbox.

I would immediately suspect mutiny, but that's probably just me ...

Ed;

Does your weather engine in P3D hold the wind value you set, or after a while does it reset to zero ?
    I know you have P3D and I have FSX, but FWIW when I first installed Bounty I would set the wind in FSX
    and when I would go back to the ship the wind would still be zero. Back to the weather panel and
    reset the wind to 27knots, to the ship and it would be zero again. Finally uninstalled the Bounty and
    unzipped again and everything worked. I run the paid version of FSUIPC.

Just for kicks, trailer it over to Ray Roberts Lake or up to Lake Texhoma and see if some good old Texas wind
    will push her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Lovely shot! Lord Howe's Island??

Johan
    Yes indeed. Now off to Tahiti X.

Ed,

You do have the latest version installed, don't you?

Would you do a test with Crash Detection On and Stress Causes Damage please.

Also, please comment out this line in the panel.cfg:

[Vcockpit01]
    //file=vc01.bmp

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 1