HMS Bounty for FSX/P3D Going Beta Today - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: HMS Bounty for FSX/P3D Going Beta Today

Always interesting finding nice places to sail. The Amazon provides a great backdrop of jungle and murky waters for the Bethia. Throw in a little rain for a relaxing cruise that can go on for days. Just remember, no swimming!!!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Wow, Milton, that looks excellent!

I'm looking forward to the release

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

P3D test ...
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Unfortunately that may not be the ultimate fix after all. I did a complete reinstall to bring me up to the current 2.5 version with all hotfixes and while initially I was able to get under way using my saved flight (which it would not do previously), that only lasted approx. 5nm before the ship came to a standstill. Actually in almost the exact same spot it stop yesterday when Bill (WND) and I were doing an MP session. After that, nothing would restart it. I finally closed the sim, restarted and this time the ship sailed approx 50' and stopped again.

Since Paul is running the same version I am and has not displayed any of these problems, I am at a total loss as to why my setup refuses to work.
    Can it be that the water is simply too shallow where you try to sail? P3D water is VERY much too shallow (only a few feet) in many places. It's a long shot, I know ...

(Try enabling bathymetry so you can move the camera below the water surface and check.).

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    Can it be that the water is simply too shallow where you try to sail? P3D water is VERY much too shallow (only a few feet) in many places. It's a long shot, I know. . .
    Yea, I really don't think that's it. I'm sailing 5 miles off the Florida coast.

Well you never know, the entire Baltic Sea is no more than a few feet deep in P3D ... anyway it was a long shot.

I'd quite like testing the spot where you got stuck; do you have a set of coordinates for your starting point, and a course I can "borrow"?
    Last edited by Penz; April 24th, 2015 at 11:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    . . . . .I'd quite like testing the spot where you got stuck; do you have a set of coordinates for your starting point, and a course I can "borrow"?
    About all I can tell you is to set your ship just off the coast of NAS Pensacola (KNPA) winds 034 @24kts, heading 223. If you get beyond 5nm from that point then you've gone further than any single trip I've had thus far. . . .anywhere.

Darwin Explorer FSX, DX10, Shade, Rex, SoAK.

Beautiful shot there dvj.

Would like to see Valdez, AK PAVD and Stewart BC CZST in your setup :-)

Here's mine.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Here are a few from around Friday Harbor......
    Yep....It's a rainy day to be sailing.....But it just has to be done........

SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Trucker17, yes Sir, I love sailing in the rain and stormy weather (in FS). It really adds to the experience. Thanks for sharing. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I set a slightly southerly course (from due west) last night and went to bed, letting AutoSkipper take care of the details (As if by magic I knew the forecast, lol ...), the wind directly from the south at 16 Kts.

Since then the ship has covered more than 80NM:

Vurry vurry nice!

(Not stopping until I can see Scotland!).

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    About all I can tell you is to set your ship just off the coast of NAS Pensacola (KNPA) winds 034 @24kts, heading 223. If you get beyond 5nm from that point then you've gone further than any single trip I've had thus far. . . .anywhere.
    Thanks Falcon, I'll try that!

- JP

Very excited to see the launch being released at a later date!

Nice screenshots, all!
    Jim Stewart

Finally cast anchor in lee of the Bay of Fundy, just outside a small, undoubtedly pagan, village on the south bank of the bay, after more than 18 hours of crossing the North Sea! Distance traveled a bit more than 180 NM.

I may continue all the way to Inverness at some point, but now I better get some serious testing done, lol ...

Good Show Mate! Averaged 11 knots over 180 NM ... lots of time to contemplate life, drink one's favorite beverage, and enjoy the peace of the open sea. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

A few shots from P3D v2.5.

Hawaii
    In heavy seas
    Running from the storm
    Caught on a lee shore
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P3DCAP003.jpg   P3DCAP012.jpg   P3DCAP028.jpg   P3DCAP032.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post

Hawaii
    In heavy seas
    Running from the storm
    Caught on a lee shore
    Love this shot!

Yeah, great shots in P3Dv2.5 sea swell
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post
    Hawaii
    In heavy seas
    Running from the storm
    Caught on a lee shore
    Great Shots Paul. I've moved mine into dry dock, lol.

I've been testing the Bounty in P3D v2.4, and I finally got the ship to move. I had tried everything from a gentle breeze up to almost hurricane force, but the ground speed had stubbonly showed zero. I'd tried it in Puget Sound and in the middle of the Pacific in case the water depth was too shallow, and still the ship was motionless. Finally I turned off the VRS tacpack which I also have installed, and voila... the ship started moving. Not sure how tacpack was interfering with the Bounty's movement, but it looks like that was the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by gdavej View Post
    I've been testing the Bounty in P3D v2.4, and I finally got the ship to move. I had tried everything from a gentle breeze up to almost hurricane force, but the ground speed had stubbonly showed zero. I'd tried it in Puget Sound and in the middle of the Pacific in case the water depth was too shallow, and still the ship was motionless. Finally I turned off the VRS tacpack which I also have installed, and voila... the ship started moving. Not sure how tacpack was interfering with the Bounty's movement, but it looks like that was the culprit.
    Thanks for the report .
    Is this repeatable ??
    Its a bit strange, since I use this groundspeed forcing method also in other addons , like Dinos freeware F35B.
    Which is specially adapted for use with tacpac., an that works fine.
    Are you using the F35B too in P3D ?

Rob

Are all these folks with the photos beta testers? With all these photos from different people I got the impression it was released.
    Guess it is still not out there yet for the rest of us.

Members who have read this thread: 1