UI turns white when I want to select vertices...

Thread: UI turns white when I want to select vertices...

UI turns white when I want to select vertices...

I found it necessary to do a re-install of Gmax. On the whole, it went well. But, when I hold down the LB and try to drag a selection box around a group of vertices, the area inside the four-view panels (and/or, the single full-screen panel) goes completely white. Everything disappears, model, vertices, everything until I release the mouse button. It is, of course, impossible to carefully select points if they disappear. Has anyone else ever had this problem? Is there a cure? I did not have this problem with the initial install. But the second, and even the third, I did.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.

Change your video driver in Gmax (Customize/Preferences, Viewports tab). When using XP (years ago) I used OpenGL but I have exactly that problem if I use OpenGL in Windows 7 with my graphics card. Direct3D works fine, though. Your mileage may vary!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    ...but I have exactly that problem if I use OpenGL in Windows 7...
    Perfecto! Thanks. Did you ever get the 'distorted Gizmo' problem solved?
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.

Yes, I emailed you back. Check the spam folder?
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Yes, I emailed you back. Check the spam folder?
    My apologies. My SPAM folder only store a few days worth. Could you re-send and I'll keep a sharp eye out for it. Thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 0