The Last Eagles of Das Reich - Packs 1 and 2

Thread: The Last Eagles of Das Reich - Packs 1 and 2

Icon22 The Last Eagles of Das Reich - Packs 1 and 2

Six textures from the final days of the war with some other things uploaded: For Paul Rebuffat's BF109G10.

Mrton
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 109G10-1.jpg   109G10-2.jpg   109G10-3.jpg   109G10-4.jpg   109G10-5.jpg   109G10-6.jpg  

The Last Eagles of Das Reich - pack 2

.. and a pack of Bf109K4 s
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 109K-1.jpg   109K-2.jpg   109K-3.jpg   109K-4.jpg   109K-5.jpg   109K-6.jpg  

Morton, excellent work on the paint schemes. Very nice.

Two question if I may?

1. Are these for the CFS2 model or for the converted FS2004 model? I ask because they are mapped a little differently.

2. I have to ask about the all the white spinners. I don't think any of these planes had white spinners. They were black green, or black with a white spiral for the most part. The spinner color is painted on a bitmap separate from the airframe. Did that bitmap with a white spinner get mixed in with the files by accident?
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Captain Kurt;949198]Morton, excellent work on the paint schemes. Very nice.
    Two question if I may?
    1. Are these for the CFS2 model or for the converted FS2004 model? I ask because they are mapped a little differently.

2. I have to ask about the all the white spinners. I don't think any of these planes had white spinners. They were black green, or black with a white spiral for the most part. The spinner color is painted on a bitmap separate from the airframe. Did that bitmap with a white spinner get mixed in with the files by accident?

1. I think (hope) it's the CFS2 model? These 109s are what i have in my install..

2. Well, in the uploaded textures you will find several are changed to the correct spiral. Those still white.. maybe a blunder, but I found that some of the spinners was hard to get correct due to the mapping. However, texture with the spinner is easily swapped. F.ex with a black one.

The last eagles of Das Reich - Pack 1.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - German

Description: The Last Eagles of Das Reich.

Messerschmitt BF109-G10/14 by Paul Rebuffat complete with 6 new textures and panel.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit The last eagles of Das Reich - Pack 1.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

The Last Eagles of Das Reich - Pack 2.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - German

Description: The Last Eagles of Das Reich.

Messerschmitt BF109-K4 by Paul Rebuffat complete with 6 new textures and panel.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit The Last Eagles of Das Reich - Pack 2.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon22 Reply...

Morton,

These are outstanding, fantastic work!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Morton, I'd just like to say I'm a massive fan of your work and always have been!

Stunning job as always!

Morton, I'd still like to say the skins are great.

Regarding the spinners, I'm attaching a zip here with 5 different spirals for the CFS2 BR109s that I did for some skins I planned on developing but haven't used yet. I'm not suggesting you use them on your skins, although you may if you want. Rather I just mean for you to have an example of what you could do with that bitmap if you wanted to.

Attachment 22075
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Icon23 Hawkeye Pierce's identification skills

Quote Originally Posted by Morton View Post
    1. I think (hope) it's the CFS2 model? These 109s are what i have in my install....
    Hi there!

The Rebuffat's Bf109 models re-converted back to CFS2 are easy to identify first hand by the working, automatic wing slats, a feature that was added in the process of converting them to FS9.

From what I can see in the screenshots posted here - B.T.W.: absolutely stunning repaints!!! -, the wings slats seem to be just painted. If I am wrong, well, then they are the re-converted models!

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Captain Kurt, thanks! Those spinners are great! I will try them out and probably use them. Of course you could just drop them into the textures, but in the case of these special repaints I "masked out" the pilot bits and inserted a different pilot figure. But using the original DP file will correct that.

Kelti, I cant see the slats operating. What triggers them? And wasn't some kind of gauge required for this? (I didn't think of this when making the new panel..
    )

Mort

Thanks for the compliment.

It does require a gauge added to operate the slats. I believe it's on the FS2004 version. I don't know if that was a part of the conversion models but I don't think so.

Double checking the G-10 model in your zip it looks like you have the FS2004 conversion to CFS2. The only drawback is I don't think that model is multi-lod
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Morton View Post

Kelti, I cant see the slats operating. What triggers them? And wasn't some kind of gauge required for this? (I didn't think of this when making the new panel..
    )

Mort
    Hi Morton

Fantastic work as usual!

As for the flaps, this is from the original 'FS9 back to CFS2' conversion pack by JDTinballs:

"Now to get the slats to work, unfortunately the ‘Bf109g10.air’ file does not have the relevant entries for the slats to work, so we will fix it. Do not ask for files to be uploaded, as they are not my files and I do not have permission to do so. So you have to do it yourself.

Open the ‘Bf109g10.air’ file using AirEd which you already have. Scroll down to entry [327] – Spoiler available, click this to change it to ‘1’. Press ‘enter/return’

Scroll down further until you find entry [1101] – primary aerodynamics, click this to expand the tree and look for ‘spoiler cycle time’, change this to ‘0.300000’, Press ‘enter/return’. Scroll down further to find ‘Spoiler drag…’ , change this to ‘33’ Press ‘enter/return’. Scroll further down to find ‘lift, spoilers…’ change to ‘0.500000’ Press ‘enter/return’. Further down still look for ‘Pitch effect spoilers…’, change this to ‘0.003300’ Press ‘enter/return’.

Edit, you also need to modify another part of the airfile, same way as above. Find section [320] Control info record, expand this and find enrty ‘*spoiler angle limit(rad)' edit this to 0.010000.

Now save and exit, that’s the airfile ready for slats to work.

Last thing is optional, the auto slats gauge. I recommend this, as it adds to the authenticity of the aircraft. From inside the gauges folder of the Groundcrew Messerschmitt Bf110 zip file, locate the file ‘GC_Bf110.gau’, extract this to your CFS2/Gauges folder. Now we need to add the gauge to the Bf109g10 panel, "
    [using the hand-editing way I'm sure you're familiar with]

Hope this is clear

Cheers
    BuV

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Icon28 So I didn't see right.....

Then they were the FS9 models converted back, after all! Oh, well....

Too bad, because they lost their multi-LOD feature in the back n' forth conversion processes.

If you have installed the *.dll from Mauro Giacomazzi's Bf109 series - available here at SOH -, you won't need a gauge installed in your 2d panel. This library operates any aircraft featuring autoslat function like Ted Cook's Hampden reworked by JDT.

You will still need all of the modifications in the airfile suggested by JDT and posted by BuV.

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

BuV, got it! Thanks a lot. I'm going to add this to my local Bf109 setup.

Mort

Members who have read this thread: 1