Time For a Brit Turbine

Thread: Time For a Brit Turbine

Time For a Brit Turbine

How about something along the line of a Hawker Hunter? A model by Dave Garwood.

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Jolly good British bird!

Wow, Dave!

Your workshop is churning out fancier and fancier works everytime!

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

This is indeed one of my favourites.
    I found this AC in my install. Seems I tried to convert it some years ago. Most parts work except the nose wheel. Would love to have an updated CFS2 Hunter!

Mortn

Hello Everyone,

I've started on the damage profile tonight and just sent a message to the designer of this fine bird to see if a conversion is ok.

One thing I would really like to save are the wing tanks. After going through many weapons libraries there is nothing that matches what Dave Garwood has modeled.
    Guess I should research if these wing tanks were actually able to drop on the real Hawker Hunter. Some jets did have tanks that were not.

Hi Morton, The front wheel is animated to roll now along with ground steering. The rolling animation is that small glitch in Mdlc where the dict guid for "c_wheel" needs to be copied and pasted again at the bottom of the list.
    Also, found a paint kit at flightsim for her.

In CFS2, the original textures have the reddish pink bleed through after running them through Dxt.Bmp. I did my best to remove most with psp7 but here's still a hint of it left.

The end is in sight though, some gauge work after the damage profile and that should be it.

Cheers All,
    Dave

Hi all
    The conversion looks good, nice job. Feel free to upload as you wish (as long as it stays freeware of course!)
    BTW, the large 230 gallon wing tanks were not drop-able, but the smaller 100g ones were.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Hi all
    The conversion looks good, nice job. Feel free to upload as you wish (as long as it stays freeware of course!)
    BTW, the large 230 gallon wing tanks were not drop-able, but the smaller 100g ones were.
    Well thank you DaveWG! It will remain freeware.

That's good news concerning the 230 gallon wing tanks. It will make the remainder of this project much easier.

Till Later,
    Dave

Done Deal

Ok guys and gals. She's in the queue.

The paintkit wasn't included to save on file size. For anyone that may be interested it can be down loaded from flightsim.com.

Login and search huntkitt.zip

Enjoy M8's

Dave

Hawker Hunter CFS2.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - British

Description: This package contains Dave Garwood's Hawker Hunter FGA9 aircraft for use in CFS2.

Everything needed is included, weapons profile, weapons, textures, air file, aircraft configuration file, sound, and panel with gauges. The damage profile includes multiple load outs.

Converted to fly in Mission Builder and Quick Combat.

My thanks to Dave Garwood for allowing me to convert and upload his aircraft.

Enjoy, Dave

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Hawker Hunter CFS2.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Beautiful bird Dave! Thank u for share ur work!
    Cheers
    Mario
    Hit hard, hit fast, hit where it hurts and keep hitting.

Reply...

David,

I completely agree. This is outstanding work!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Thanks Guys,

You're more than welcome.
    This one had me running around in circles a bit but it turned out Ok in the end. The helpful people here headed me in the correct direction.

There's only one issue I wish could have been fixed is the air file or config. It gets a nasty nose down pitch once over 350 knots. I've compensated while flying with elevator trim but really would have preferred a more stable platform.

All things considered, it performs well with the trim. Under 350 knots it flies great.

Until Later,
    Dave

Thank you Dave and Dave!

TW
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!

Your welcome from one of the Dave's TW.

I've done a bit of tinkering in the air file and aircraft.cfg. It gives a more stable platform through the speed range.
    I'll attach it here.

See what you think,
    Dave

Hi Dave,

Just went for a "quickie" flight with the upgrades, was up to 550 kts and felt the plane to be very stable. Another thing I hadn't noticed before is she's quite maneuverable!

TW

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon Willy View Post
    Hi Dave,

Just went for a "quickie" flight with the upgrades, was up to 550 kts and felt the plane to be very stable. Another thing I hadn't noticed before is she's quite maneuverable!

TW
    Thanks TW for giving them a rundown.

It's always good to see what the outcome is on other people's computers.

Cheerz, Dave

Hi Dave,

I'm happy to help. Thanks for converting this awesome model, and thanks to Mr. Garwood for his hard work and for allowing you to upload the converted version.

Kind regards,

TW

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Icon14 Lovely model!

Although I am not too partial to jet aircrafts past the Korean War period, I can't help but saying: "What a beauty!"

Thank you very much to Dave Garwood for the original effort and to you DV, for your hard conversion work!

Cheers!
    KH

My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Members who have read this thread: 1