SCS Tu-134 v2.0 FSX portover - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SCS Tu-134 v2.0 FSX portover

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Read my documentation, a WL82's documents are all linked or referred to in there (except for the video).
    In the link provided, Vlad share with us pdfs from a old Tu-134 addon not listed in the Google Document.
    Maybe these documents are useful for any user.
    Last edited by ce_zeta; April 24th, 2015 at 09:18.

I'm in a process to write up htm checklist and reference for this plane (both the FS9 v2.0 and FSX one). I have fixed the bad wording of the original reference text one, and added tables where needed. I also added the pressure conversion script to the ref one that one of the Russians did for the Tu-154M originally (since these old Russian birds use QFE below the airport transition to QNH (usually 900 meters) both in take off and landing). I'll post them here when I'm done with them

Bjoern, your latest sets of fixes broke the gyros for me completely, they're now stuck in showing north.

Quote Originally Posted by Adonis View Post
    Bjoern, your latest sets of fixes broke the gyros for me completely, they're now stuck in showing north.
    Didn't touch the gyros at all.

Load/save module installed?

Didn't touch the gyros at all.

Load/save module installed?
    That's the only part of your additions I didn't install with the 0_keycontrol.xml which I removed after the first load, no need for it personally for me.
    Apparently the gyro problem kinda fixed itself, just don't know how exactly
    Might have something to do with those two usable switches on the CB over the APU control (all tho there are actually 3, the third one is the first bottom-most left one, but it's flipped on all the time). Or the problem was elsewhere.

One thing tho that you could look into: on your helper panel the 3 navigator gauges get behind the temperature status one.
    Adonis/NSAdonis (depends on where).
    Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

That's the only part of your additions I didn't install with the 0_keycontrol.xml which I removed after the first load, no need for it personally for me.
    Keycontrol shouldn't be in there...oops.

Might have something to do with those two usable switches on the CB over the APU control (all tho there are actually 3, the third one is the first bottom-most left one, but it's flipped on all the time). Or the problem was elsewhere.
    My documentation says that these switches are for the backup ADIs.

One thing tho that you could look into: on your helper panel the 3 navigator gauges get behind the temperature status one.
    Add this below the "background_color=" line for [Window05]:
    draw_order00=gauge04,gauge03,gauge02,gauge01

Add this below the "background_color=" line for [Window05]:
    draw_order00=gauge04,gauge03,gauge02,gauge01
    Gotcha One other gauge you should really add there is the wind correction one.

A few extra additions on my part, so the plane gets closer to the original FS9 one (mind you my non-unicode language is set to russian so I can see the Russian characters in both FSX and FS9):

Under [weight_and_balance]
    max_number_of_stations = 7 (in the FS9 one's it is set to 50, tho there are a total of only 7)

station_load.0= "176.000, 54.95, 0.000, 0.000, ШТУРМАН"
    station_load.1= "530.000, 48.79, 0.000, 0.000, ЭКИПАЖ"
    station_load.2= "12566.000, 5.91, 0.000, 0.000, 76 ПАСС"
    station_load.3= "253.532, 34.45, 0.000, 0.000, б/ПР+ПРОД"
    station_load.4= "143.400, -21.98, 0.000, 0.000, б/ПР/ЗАД"
    station_load.5= "1322.774, 42.01, 0.000, 0.000, ПЕРЕД/БАГ"
    station_load.6= "3968.321, -27.72, 0.000, 0.000, ЗАДН/БАГ"

if you want the names in English:

station_load.0= "176.000, 54.95, 0.000, 0.000, Navigator"
    station_load.1= "530.000, 48.79, 0.000, 0.000, Pilots"
    station_load.2= "12566.000, 5.91, 0.000, 0.000, 76 PAX"
    station_load.3= "253.532, 34.45, 0.000, 0.000, Front Steward+Eq"
    station_load.4= "143.400, -21.98, 0.000, 0.000, Aft Steward+Eq"
    station_load.5= "1322.774, 42.01, 0.000, 0.000, Front Bag"
    station_load.6= "3968.321, -27.72, 0.000, 0.000, Aft Bag"

Next, the fuel, the FS9 one has more fuel in the external tanks:
    Under [fuel]

External1 = -1.3, -8.3, 0, 1495, 0
    External2 = -1.3, 8.3, 0, 1495, 0

Original for the FSX one is:
    External1 = -1.5, -8.5, 0, 1297, 0
    External2 = -1.5, 8.5, 0, 1297, 0

Flaps setting that are true to the real plane:

[Flaps.0]
    type= 1
    span-outboard= 0.898
    extending-time= 19.700
    system_type= 0
    damaging-speed= 216.000
    blowout-speed= 280.000
    lift_scalar= 1.000
    drag_scalar= 1.000
    pitch_scalar= 1.100
    flaps-position.0= 0.000, 0.000
    flaps-position.1= 5.000, 0.000
    flaps-position.2= 10.000, 0.000
    flaps-position.3= 15.000, 0.000
    flaps-position.4= 20.000, 0.000
    flaps-position.5= 25.000, 0.000
    flaps-position.6= 30.000, 0.000

My aircraft.cfg says:
    station_load.0 = "680, 43, 0, 0, Crew"
    station_load.1 = "0, 0, 0, 0, Passengers"
    station_load.2 = "0, 35, 0, 0, Front Baggage"
    station_load.3 = "0, -25, 0, 0, Rear Baggage"
    I'll use your amended payload stations though.

Fuel and flaps are the same as yours.

Looks like you're using a different release than I do. Mine is the latest for FSX (see documentation for a link).

Window05 with wind correction gauge:

Code:
    size_mm=800,500
    window_size_ratio=1.00
    position=6
    ident=
    visible=0
    background_color=0,0,0
    draw_order00=gauge05,gauge04,gauge03,gauge02,gauge01

gauge00=Tu134_Mods!stab_sw_mod, 0,0,181,128
    gauge01=Tu134_Mods!Temp_Status,0,150,500,167
    gauge02=SCS_Tu134!LBU, 0,310,190,190
    gauge03=SCS_Tu134!ZUK, 190,310,190,190
    gauge04=SCS_Tu134!NI, 380,310,190,190
    gauge05=SCS_Tu134!ZW, 570,310,190,190

Looks like you're using a different release than I do. Mine is the latest for FSX (see documentation for a link).
    Same release, I just have two separate panel configs, one with the KLN-90B from the Tu-154B-2 and one without.

The fuel from the FS9 version i listed above should be the correct one.

Thanks for the addition of the Wind correction gauge, it should really be added besides the 3 NAS-1 ones, since it's used all the time.

EDIT: I just seen an update to the FS9 one that has been out a while, one of the differences was:
    empty_weight_CG_position = -6.75.000, 0, 0

and the old one was commented out.
    Last edited by Adonis; April 26th, 2015 at 15:51.

One thing I cannot seem to fix is the brakes not working :/ Any ideas?

One thing I cannot seem to fix is the brakes not working :/ Any ideas?
    RMFD (read my f'in documentation). It's just a remark in the tips&tricks section, but it's there.

The reload works. Odd bug really, seems like the switches don't load correctly the first time. There are differences between the first and second load in switch placements.

Basically, until these two switches are in the lower position on their own accord after a load of the plane (in red) on the overhead, the plane doesn't seem to load correctly, that's my observation on the matter.

What seems to be missing is that on the FS9 version you have to start the plane in 2D panel mode, otherwise it doesn't load correctly, it seems to be the same here too. I copied the 2D panel stack from the fs9 version into the FSX panel as a test, and as soon as the 2D panels did their preload all worked well!

I've altered the startup logic of the 134 for the load/save system so that the engines won't cut out if they're running. I'm having no problems whatsoever, regardless of the position of the fuel cutoff switches.

Just did a test. Started one engine, parking brakes worked. Energized the hydraulic braking system (plus emergency system). Reloaded the plane. Parking brakes and engine still worked.

In other news, I've reimplemented the switch sounds with the help of Doug Dawson's XML sound gauge and 750+ lines of code (lots of copy+paste tho').

The information and download is here, as usual:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...HOf_8y0g/edit#

Also, if you find the flight attendant to be just too annoying (her voice sample triggers get buggy when you reload the plane often), go into SCS\Tu-134\Config\Soundfiles.ini and comment out (place two slahes in front of each line) or delete all entries relating to the stewardess.

Hello Bjoern. This Tushka (Author of manual). I can reassure you that my manual is not oudated, well... I wrote it for everyone to learn the old fashioned way in the Soviet Union instead of modern techniques due to the navigation systems and the nostalgic feel.

This manual is just in beta, more is coming. I have sent you a mail on avsim.su about it.

Also I thank you very much for improving the planes performance in FSX. It is very helpfull to all of us. Will test when I come back from work.

If anybody have any questions regarding the aircraft or the manual, feel free to sent me a PM or post in this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by ce_zeta View Post
    In the link provided, Vlad share with us pdfs from a old Tu-134 addon not listed in the Google Document.
    Maybe these documents are useful for any user.
    Hello, manual was written for SCS Tu-134 for FS9 which is the original aircraft. It will work perfectly fine for FSX. Only the 2D screenshots of panels need change to 3D ones. If anybody interested I can upload the original word documents as they can be edited and contain some additional information in bad english.

If you mean my very old set of manuals then those were written for Ariane Tu-134 a decade ago. They will not work for SCS because that addon was not complex enough and lack all the vital features.

Dobryy den', Vlad.

I've replied to you and yes, let's work together on the manual.

Fixed a bug in the sound mod and added the takeoff warning horn and autopilot/autothrottle disconnect warnings.
    Redownload and reinstall; overwriting the old files.

Link, blah, blah, yadda, yadda:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...HOf_8y0g/edit#

I believe no source files from SCS, but is there a way you could code the autopilot to follow a GPS? The real Tu-134s still in service have them despite their navigators are still using NAS-1 (believe it or not even on complex STAR procedures....). Works in Russia since most SID/STARs are based on NDB stations but not in foreign countries so well.

I just thought it would be useful for some people who wish to not fly the old Soviet way.

Just for you guys to know what to expect from me:

Adapted ground study manual for flying with VC (3D cockpit). Will also feature descriptions on how to use the air conditioning and navigation systems. This is the manual "Flight Manual Tupolev Tu-134A-3 English version beta" that you can download here: https://yadi.sk/i/8109Hg8ncuw3z

Then there will be a completely new manual that covers an entire tutorial flight step by step from start to shutdown (Bjoern you will know it as "flightmanual as i mentioned in my mail to you). It will cover a strech either from Moscow - Minsk, Leningrad - Tallin, Moscow - Leningrad, or even completely different. Users can vote. Also Im thinking about maybe a second tutorial flight covering a flight either Balkan Bulgarian, LOT, CSA, Malev, Air Koryo covering a flight not using Soviet navigational systems as they wouldnt be available outside the CCCP.

Then the SOP for flying with Aeroflot, the V3 least important manual. This one will be about Aeroflot. It will contain all the necessary briefing and information to make you feel that you're actually in the 80s going to fly a regional Russian flight with Aeroflot. It will contain the old timetables from Aeroflot, all the links to the sceneries, will have all the original flightplans, original charts (RSBN scenery has the old navaids making this possible) along with flying techniques and discipline on flying. It will cover and explain all the "strange" things you might encounter during the route and will effectively warn you on how to deal with them. And do not worry, refugees or drunk passengers will not be simulated

All these manuals will contain information I wrote, that Bjoern wrote and then some additional info we pick up on the way.

Bjoern, could you possibly look into the 2D panel load thing? I get the distinct feeling that the lack of it in the FSX version is screwing over things.

BTW, as far as I understand through the in-build Chrome translator, something is supposedly wrong with the VC itself because of the guy who built it supposedly disappeared or something (question is mostly for Tushka). Is this true?

Members who have read this thread: 3