SCS Tu-134 v2.0 FSX portover
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: SCS Tu-134 v2.0 FSX portover

SCS Tu-134 v2.0 FSX portover

I'm playing around a bit with this bird at the moment. It looks VERY good and seems to be framerate friendly despite being a portover. The regular FS9 version, however, takes a long time to load (gauge issue?) and has an issue with the electrical system (doesn't always switch on).

There is, however, a FSX compatible version around. The latest one seems to date from January 2015 and can be found here: https://translate.google.com/transla...%2F&edit-text=
    (Direct link: https://yadi.sk/d/ZgUfUFHPQCwkf )

So far, the issue with long initialization when the model is first loaded is gone and the electrical system also seems to work better now.

I've addressed two issues so far. First, the annoyingly loud fuel pumps. To fix them, open the 134's sound.cfg and add these lines to the bottom:
    [FUEL_PUMP]
    filename=fuel_pump
    maximum_volume=4000
    Second, the camera views that were included were not useful enough, so I've done my own.

[CameraDefinition.001]
    Title=First Officer
    Guid={83ae9d3d-5062-451b-abbf-6775fbe8ef39}
    Origin=Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect=No
    SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn=False
    PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
    PanPbhReturn=False
    Track=None
    ShowAxis=YES
    AllowZoom=TRUE
    InitialZoom=.6
    SmoothZoomTime=2.0
    ZoomPanScalar=1.0
    ShowWeather=Yes
    XyzAdjust=TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category=Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=30
    HeadingPanRate=75
    PanAcceleratorTime=0
    InitialXyz=1.05, 0.0, 0.0
    InitialPbh=14, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.002]
    Title=Overhead
    Guid={83ae9d3d-5062-451b-abbf-6775fbe8ef38}
    Origin=Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect=No
    SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn=False
    PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
    PanPbhReturn=False
    Track=None
    ShowAxis=YES
    AllowZoom=TRUE
    InitialZoom=.7
    SmoothZoomTime=2.0
    ZoomPanScalar=1.0
    ShowWeather=Yes
    XyzAdjust=TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category=Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=30
    HeadingPanRate=75
    PanAcceleratorTime=0
    InitialXyz=0.5, -0.25, 0.0
    InitialPbh=-62.5, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.003]
    Title=APU Panel
    Guid={83ae9d3d-5062-451b-abbf-6775fbe8ef37}
    Origin=Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect=No
    SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn=False
    PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
    PanPbhReturn=False
    Track=None
    ShowAxis=YES
    AllowZoom=TRUE
    InitialZoom=.5
    SmoothZoomTime=2.0
    ZoomPanScalar=1.0
    ShowWeather=Yes
    XyzAdjust=TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category=Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=30
    HeadingPanRate=75
    PanAcceleratorTime=0
    InitialXyz=1.05, -0.5, -0.5
    InitialPbh=-15, 0, -115

[CameraDefinition.004]
    Title=Electric Panel
    Guid={83ae9d3d-5062-451b-abbf-6775fbe8ef36}
    Origin=Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect=No
    SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn=False
    PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
    PanPbhReturn=False
    Track=None
    ShowAxis=YES
    AllowZoom=TRUE
    InitialZoom=.5
    SmoothZoomTime=2.0
    ZoomPanScalar=1.0
    ShowWeather=Yes
    XyzAdjust=TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category=Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=30
    HeadingPanRate=75
    PanAcceleratorTime=0
    InitialXyz=0.6, -0.6, 1.4
    InitialPbh=0, 0, -90

[CameraDefinition.005]
    Title=Navigator Panel
    Guid={83ae9d3d-5062-451b-abbf-6775fbe8ef35}
    Origin=Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect=No
    SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn=False
    PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
    PanPbhReturn=False
    Track=None
    ShowAxis=YES
    AllowZoom=TRUE
    InitialZoom=.5
    SmoothZoomTime=2.0
    ZoomPanScalar=1.0
    ShowWeather=Yes
    XyzAdjust=TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category=Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=30
    HeadingPanRate=75
    PanAcceleratorTime=0
    InitialXyz=0.8, -0.65, 2
    InitialPbh=10, 0, -93.5

[CameraDefinition.006]
    Title=Cabin Last Row
    Guid={83ae9d3d-5062-451b-abbf-6775fbe8ef20}
    Origin=Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect=No
    SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn=False
    PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
    PanPbhReturn=False
    Track=None
    ShowAxis=YES
    AllowZoom=TRUE
    InitialZoom=.5
    SmoothZoomTime=2.0
    ZoomPanScalar=1.0
    ShowWeather=Yes
    XyzAdjust=TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category=Custom
    PitchPanRate=30
    HeadingPanRate=75
    PanAcceleratorTime=0
    InitialXyz=1.5, -0.3, -19.75
    InitialPbh=10, 0, 80

[CameraDefinition.007]
    Title=Cabin Middle Wing
    Guid={83ae9d3d-5062-451b-abbf-6775fbe8ef21}
    Origin=Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect=No
    SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn=False
    PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
    PanPbhReturn=False
    Track=None
    ShowAxis=YES
    AllowZoom=TRUE
    InitialZoom=.5
    SmoothZoomTime=2.0
    ZoomPanScalar=1.0
    ShowWeather=Yes
    XyzAdjust=TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category=Custom
    PitchPanRate=30
    HeadingPanRate=75
    PanAcceleratorTime=0
    InitialXyz=-0.55, -0.3, -11.6
    InitialPbh=10, 0, -90

[CameraDefinition.008]
    Title=Cabin Front Salon
    Guid={83ae9d3d-5062-451b-abbf-6775fbe8ef22}
    Origin=Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect=No
    SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn=False
    PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
    PanPbhReturn=False
    Track=None
    ShowAxis=YES
    AllowZoom=TRUE
    InitialZoom=.5
    SmoothZoomTime=2.0
    ZoomPanScalar=1.0
    ShowWeather=Yes
    XyzAdjust=TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category=Custom
    PitchPanRate=30
    HeadingPanRate=75
    PanAcceleratorTime=0
    InitialXyz=-0.45, -0.3, -5.6
    InitialPbh=10, 0, -180

[CameraDefinition.009]
    Title=Cabin Galley
    Guid={83ae9d3d-5062-451b-abbf-6775fbe8ef23}
    Origin=Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect=No
    SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn=False
    PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
    PanPbhReturn=False
    Track=None
    ShowAxis=YES
    AllowZoom=TRUE
    InitialZoom=.5
    SmoothZoomTime=2.0
    ZoomPanScalar=1.0
    ShowWeather=Yes
    XyzAdjust=TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category=Custom
    PitchPanRate=30
    HeadingPanRate=75
    PanAcceleratorTime=0
    InitialXyz=1.15, 0.0, -4.55
    InitialPbh=10, 0, -95
    All relevant stations in the cockpit are covered (should facilitate startup). The cabin view is a nice bonus.

There's a startup tutorial here:
    https://youtu.be/b-656kZxies

And this is as far as I got, lol.

Need to study the english manual for the 134 (which I hope is not too outdated).
    https://yadi.sk/i/SWeVYMzBdo3ie

There are also some guides for the Tu-134 in the official PT forums, but I don't know how relevant they still are.
    http://www.protu-154.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=24

What I could see so far is that this thing isn't too far off from any other airplane from the same time period in the technical department.

VOR/ADF compatibility seems to be a given, but following flight plans will require familiarity with NAS-1, right?

There are also english voices for the crew somewhere and I've seen a thread on them at ProTu, but for the life of me, I can't find it anymore...

Any input from the experts?

P.S:
    I've spent the last few days adding most 1980s eastern bloc airlines to my FSX and I need suitable equipment to explore it. The Tu-154 is FSX native, but looks like a bit too much of an airplane for what I want to do. And Interflug only used them for VIP shuttle service.

The Russian birds are complex and rewarding once you get the hang of them. Oh and quirky too.
    Perhaps Sean will jump in here with some insight.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Sean, VL82, von Strohheim...you name 'em!

I got this bird off the ground last night. The simple autopilot, i.e. pitch, bank, altitude hold works, although the latter has a bit of an capturing issue when enabled from a large vertical speed (overshoots). But this won't be a problem during some "serious" flying. Didn't try "VOR Hold" mode yet.

The autothrottle doesn't seem to work at all. I flip the switch, I press the button and then try to use the switch to set target speed, but there's no reaction. I might be able to capture the switches' L: vars from the model file and then implement the FSX default AT/speed hold logic.

After ten minutes of flying or so, I ran into the (known) bug with the electric system. According to the release thread on Avsim [1], there used to be a fix around, but vanished as soon as it popped up. There seem to be at least three workarounds:

1. Create a default flight with the Cessna 172 up and running (contrary to what is recommended for the model) [2].
    2. Infinite Battery via (a registered) FSUIPC [3]
    3. Set "electric_always_available = 0" to "1" in the aircraft.cfg (works in FSX only). (You still need to flick all switches, don't worry.)

The latter is my solution, but I can't yet say whether it works or not.

Next, the startup procedure I've posted above seems to be abbreviated and partially incorrect. "Tushka" posted a link to a video that demonstrates the correct one (in russian). See [4].
    This procedure also exists in paper form for the 1.0 release of the panel (also courtesy of "Tushka" [5]). I've checked it against the current release and manual and changed it to reflect the switch numbering scheme from the current manual.
    The document can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    I still recommend watching the video [5] though, as it illustrates the checklist.

No luck with the english crew voices so far, by the way.

Does anyone know what the two toggleable circuit breakers on the c/b board do?

Has anyone found the stabilizer position switch in the VC?
    It's supposed to be somewhere on the pilot's left side, but I just can't find it. There's a switch on the yoke, but it's inoperable. It's not much of a big deal as the plane does seem to respond well to elevator trim.

What would I have to do to use "VOR Hold"?
    Tune in a station, set AP to "VOR" and then press the "AP+ANU" switch? Do I have to repeat this after I tune to another VOR?

[1] http://forum.avsim.net/topic/434495-new-tu-134-with-vc/
    [2] http://forum.avsim.net/topic/434495-...-vc/?p=2930443
    [3] http://forum.avsim.net/topic/434495-...5#entry3059663
    [4] https://youtu.be/Bc68jsnpmvM
    [5] https://yadi.sk/i/57T1_ozBYVZaS

I'll have to try this one later. I haven't used it due in part to it being a port-over, and due to a wide variety of still discoverable issues as you've outlined throughout this thread. Still, I suppose I'll try it out with these adjustments. I used to fly the old FS2004 version years ago quite often.

Found the stabilizer trim switch. It's on the first officer's side console, but does not possess a clickspot. I therefor made a small mod that adds the 2D version as a small subpanel. Might upload it later.

There are still mysterious, undocumented switches around.

Side console: "YKB" "No1" and "No2", bottom position labeled "BbIKA"; "BEHTNAATOP" with "BblKA" on the side
    Circuit breaker panel: "AT-200U" (both switches)

Also, can anyone reupload the english crew sounds? Found the links again, but they're all dead.

The aircraft.cfg fix for the elctrical system didn't work. Chyort!

- Edit:

Yup, the only solution seems to be the one regarding the default flight, so:

1) Make a default flight, in which the aircraft has its battery switch ON.
    or
    2) Start FSX, load the default flight, switch on the battery and THEN load the Tu-134.

- Edit²:
    I think i found the culprit for the electrical system bug. The Tu-134s systems do not switch on the MSFS-internal alternators. Trying out a fix.

Bingo! It was indeed the alternators!

Here's a gauge-based fix* and the stabilizer trim window mentioned above:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMcUM2ejJYSk51ekE/view?usp=sharing

*This will add a very small gauge to the panel that checks the alternator status and switches them on if required.

Bjoern, not sure if your fix was supposed to cure the alternator tripping offline or not but the problem still persists for me after adding your fix. I found a way to fix the issue by cycling the external power switch next to the two battery switches. When I cycled that switch, much of the power lost(which affected some but not all systems) came back on. I also left the external power switch on and no further problems occurred with power failures.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got a small gauge running that monitors the state of the alternators. Just loaded FSX and the 134 without doing anything else before and the fix still works.

Here's the monitoring gauge. Download, unzip and put the folder into the 134's "panel" folder, then make a backup of the current panel.cfg and replace a subpanel window's entry with the one for the gauge.

[Windowxx]
    background_color=0,0,0
    position=8
    size_mm=300,300 //XML DEBUGGER
    visible=0

gauge00=LVarTest!LVars, 2,2,108,56
    Load the Tu-134 and open the small window. The first value is the state of the alternators, which should read "1" after loading, while the number below is the current battery charge (in volts). It should remain constant at 28 volts after switching off the APU.

Are you using the FSX port or the original FS9 release?

The port seems to have some internal changes. The .mdl file is newer (Feb. 2014 vs April 2014) and some gauge files are newer. But as far as I can see, there were no modifications to the electrical system, so I assume that it hasn't changed. Also, the changed .mdl file must have been a fix for the "click any lever and be rewarded with 100% throttle" bug from the original release.

My next step is trying to fix the autothrottle system. It's useful that most of the stuff is written in XML and that a good part of the variables are in english.

Can anyone enlighten me regarding the environmental control system?
    The flight attendant was constantly nagging me about the cabin being to cold or too hot on my test flight yesterday (I took a look at the triggers for the voice samples to find that out).
    Is it okay to just engage the engine bleeds and set the temperature controls to "AUTOMAT"?
    Judging from the file date of the gauges, the fix for the ventilation system must already be present, so I really must be doing something wrong.

Also, I've found a small visual glitch. The landing lights can't be retracted. True for anyone else?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry for the spam, but I want to keep developer babble and pilot babble separated. *Ahem*

I took the thunderbird for a practice flight last night after having fixed the electrical stuff. Just a short hop from EDDB to EDAH.
    Thanks to Tushka's checklist, there are no problems with starting the bird up anymore (I had to do it so bloody often by now that I can basically get the engines running in my sleep) and it taxies and takes off just like any other plane. The only weird thing about it is the metric speed and VSI indicator. For the former, just sticking to the numbers from the flight planning document helps while multiplying the latters indication by 200 gives a rough equivalejnt value in FPM. The altimeter is a no-brainer as you have one in meters and one in feet right on the dashboard.

You can hand-fly this bird really well as it's stable and responsive. Like the rest of the plane, the autopilot isn't really much different from what you can find in a typical western plane of that time. It only has a few more buttons to control it. As I hadn't read up on NAS-1 yet, I stuck to attitude hold, VOR hold and autoland modes yesterday.
    Basically, once you engage the AP in attitude hold, it will kill any bank angle and hold the current pitch (or vertical speed?). You can then modify the initial(!) pitch angle with the wheel on the right of the AP. So if your initital angle is 5 degrees and you want to increase or decrease it for speed management purposes, you turn the wheel up or down. At your target altitude, you can punch the ALT Hold button and it will do exactly as advertised. Turns are done with the bank controller on the top of the AP. If you dial in a valid VOR, you can use the AP's "VOR/ILS" mode to make the AP go there.

That was how I navigated myself across nothern Germany until arriving at EDAH. With VOR navigation successfully completed, I wanted to test the autoland capability of the AP. Went into the pattern at EDAH with the AP in attitude hold mode and tuned in its Localizer. Set the appropriate course on the NAV1 radio (navigator's compartment) AND the HSI (!) and engaged ILS mode on the AP. There's another control panel on the middle dashboard by the way, with which you can switch between RSBN/VOR1/VOR2 mode, ILS/SP-50 and Cruise/Landing mode. The selection also influences the autopilot (I think).
    Anyway, despite not having working ILS needles on the attitude indicator (bug?), I managed to get a localizer capture for the AP, but no glideslope guidance. Suspecting a bug, I rode the GS manually and initiated a go-around at decision height to have another go.
    Before attempting another try, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out why I wasn't getting the ADI needles. Lots of googling and Google Translate sessions later, I set up all the relevant avionics again. Learned the functionality of the dashboard control panel that way, but I only found out by accident how to make the needles on the ADI work. Turns out that you need to press the "SVK Test" button, which somehow to centers the ADI needles and then you'll get a correct deviation indication.
    I still had no luck regarding the glideslope though. Regardless of that, I went in for a full stop landing, which worked really well. The 2.3km of Heringsdorf's runway are sufficient even for a rather heavy Tu-134.

After shutting down, I investigated the glideslope issue. Turns out that Heringsdorf only has a localizer without a glideslope. Meh.

Here's a screenie from attempt number one. The two top switches of the avionics control panel (top left of the com radio) are in the wrong position.

I also read up on the navigation with the NAS-1 system. Turns out that it's not really much more than heading hold. As far as I understood it, the navigator basically just sets an ideal heading towards the next navigation point and the system, with the help of the doppler radar, automatically determines the current deviation from that ideal heading (due to wind or similar) and makes the autopilot steer the plane back onto the ideal track. When a waypoint is reached, the navigator dials in the heading to the next ideal waypoint (accounting for turn time) and the game begins anew. Distance between waypoints is measured by a simple counter, which is switched on at a specific location and uses the doppler radar to determine ground speed and thus the distance covered so far. Coupled with a clock for backup, the navigator can then exactly time the turns.
    It sounds really cool and I want to give it a try later on. In case of doubt, I still have the GPS for backup.

The RSBN-based part of the navigation system also sounds really cool (and seems to be more precise and capable than ILS), but the stations in east Germany are all assigned to military airfields and thus not of much use to me. I think I'll stick to modern navaids for most of the time.

Success, motivation and tolerance for monologuous forum spam permitting, I might turn the next flight into a bit of a tutorial flight. It will be something akin to this, but I hope that I can at least get a successful NAS-1 navigation and a full autoland in. Maybe even autothrottle if I can get it fixed.

P.S:
    I've expanded the checklist document to include a few explanations for NAS-1. These were taken from the thread about it in the ProTu forums and changed to be as brief as possible while matching it to the english manual for the v2.0 panel.
    See here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.78r98xqwacf1

P.P.S:
    Found out what two of the "mystery switches" do!
    "AT-200U" on the circuit breaker board controls power supply to the two backup HSIs! It's shown on the left console on the 2D panels.

I think I can speak for at least a few people here in expressing my appreciation for the thorough documentation and further tweaks you are doing to this aircraft. I'm going to try out this aircraft later in the week/weekend, and it seems like the factors you are addressing are satisfying my worry over having the "bug or idiotic user" debate when learning this aircraft. I also suspect that there is enough system logic commonality with the Tu-144 and 154 that doing the transition won't be as painful, despite the lack of learning resources.

Thanks, Sean!

I've amended my modpack with the following features:
    - Updated camera views
    - A fix for the autothrottle to make it work again
    - A load/save module that enables persistence for 90% of the cockpit functions

Also, I kind of figured out how to use the Environmental Control Panel. Proper handling of the cabin temperature makes the otherwise annoying flight attendant stay quiet. I've added a chapter on it to my documentation.
    Additionally, I've documented the differences between the VC and 2D panel. It would be great if someone could help out as all I had to work with for labeling the switches are variable names.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...jHOf_8y0g/edit

No second test flight yet, but I can confirm that the NAS-1 navigation works. The autopilot did as the navigator told it to do.

Sean or anyone, if you want to give the guys at the ProTu or Avsim.su forums a heads-up about my work, feel free to. I'm still waiting for my PT forum account (admin unlocking) and don't want to crash the russian party at Avsim.su using the language of evil imperialism.

- Added the NAS-1 control gauge, Map Angle gauge and Distance Indicator to the "Helpers" panel window, so you won't have to leave the pilot's seat to initiate turns when flying on NAS-1.
    - Edited the .air file a bit. The engines tend to be a bit too sluggish for my taste (yes, I know they're old turbofans), especially during startup.

See the updated master document here:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...xijZ0jHOf_8y0g

I also just noticed that there's some documentation on the real ECS system of the 134 delivered with the portover. Google Translate provided a quick translation and the result is here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...Zms/view?pli=1

The ice was too pretty to look at (couldn't get rid of it as well *ahem*). I also love the ever so subtle scratches on the windows.

Things that the Tu-154 does not have: Front row seats.

I think I have crush on this bird...it's like an early DC-9, but in Interflug colors. I'm not even missing that it's not FSX native!

P.S:
    Some (most?) paints for v1.2 have a small texture glitch on the radome (see takeoff shot three posts up) when loaded onto the v2.0 model. I might provide a DIY fix for that later.

Looks like Bjoern covered pretty much all there is to know about this FSX port SCS Tu-134A-3! Thanks. Here's some screenshots.

Scenery: Strasbourg-Entzheim LFST v1.1 by Jacques-Paul Bollard (avsim) with Tu-134 markings on appron!
    Repaints: Transaero Express RA-65830 by Sergey Gleba & VVS Red 17 by Vlad Rusakov (avsimrus)

Payware quality at freeware price! Cockpit and cabin as nice as Captain Sim's!

And much framerate friendlier to boot!

Great news everyone, I've managed to fix the landing light retraction!
    And included instructions on how to make older paints compatible. It's a 10 minute job at worst.

Download link for the mods is, as usual, here:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...xijZ0jHOf_8y0g

The one or two lost souls who might have installed the load/save module today should read the readme again, especially the part about editing ts_sys.xml near the end of the file.

With this update I've implemented and documented all the things that I deemed necessary so far. You can expect at best minor documentation changes in the future.

Heheeheheheheee...

"Does not look like Wroclaw, Krzysztof!"
    - "Is Finland?"
    "Tak, is Finland."

P.S: If you're keen on editing paints, fill the alpha channels of the fuselage with #F1F1F1 (RGB 241,241,241). Heiko Flöthers Interflug paint (on Avsim.com) uses this and it makes the fuselage superbly reflective. Not too little, not too much, just right! It's in fact so good that I've modified all the repaints I've installed for this bird!

Bjoern,

This is so impressive. The research you've done and the documentation you've provided is outstanding, and I'm anxious to find the time to finally dive into this one and enjoy mastering yet another old Soviet jet. Being able to leverage specific aircraft experts here is extremely valuable (and at this point, you are THE Tu-134 expert in the community as far as I'm concerned), and in that regard, the actions you've completed will go a long way towards introducing a much wider audience to these strange and unfamiliar "eastern bloc" types - hopefully leading to hours of enjoyment.

By the beginning of next week I can hopefully become proficient with this aircraft, and maybe suggest further improvements (or provide operational guidance from leveraging some Tu-144/154 familiarity).

Again, I'm looking forward to adding this one to my collection, purely due to your efforts at documenting and refining this addon.

Thanks Bjoern for putting your effort in this. Your portover definitely finds its way to my PC.

Great bird (Russian, eh), free (!), about the best quality (esp. for freeware).
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Tanks, guys! It's not my portover, but the work of SCS and the russian guy(s) who modded it for FSX. All I did was add a wee bit more stuff.

By the way: Google Docs allows saving and downloading documents as .pdf files as well as printing them - handy if you don't want to have your brwoser open or save all the information locally.

P.P.S:
    It also funny how much less character the radar-nosed version of the 134 has.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    P.P.S:
    It also funny how much less character the radar-nosed version of the 134 has.
    I dunno. It has kind of a racy look to it.

I have the Ariane Tu-134. The SCS one is better, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallymodeller View Post
    ...It has kind of a racy look to it...
    I agree...

The Tu-134UB-L is a bit on the weird side, though...

Tupolev glued a Tu-22M nose on a regular Tu-134 to make a cheap bomber trainer... Clever, but not for everybody's taste...

Photo credits: Bernie Leighton, Sergey Krivchikov, Alex Beltyukov

I just wanted to try a short navigation practice flight from EDAH to EDDP, but ran into another (known) variety of an electrical system bug. At the top of descent. Dead in the water. Probably because I ran into a bug with the hydraulic systems before (no braking) and had to reload the plane. *Grr*

If you do the refill procedure for the hydraulic system for the brakes (switches OH11 and OH12), wait until the left system is completely filled before filling the right one.

As for the electric system, there's an alleged fix (which I have not tried yet) on Avsim.su.
    http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-pan...4-a-55642.html

Doing some reading up in the thread on the portover in the russian forums at the moment and lots of users ran into the same bugs and seem to be just as inept on starting this bird as we are.

I've also updated the manual in the NAS-1 section with a small tutorial on how to obtain headings and distances for the system (via NCalc).
    Also, I've written down the fixes for the annoying fuel pump and GPWS sounds.

And here's a tip for ILS approaches:
    To unlock the indicator bars on the ADI, press the "SVK System Test" (TEST CBK; LO2) button on the lower overhead.

- Edit:

Just read a tip on the release thread about a mysterious button on the electric panel...and guess what it does!?
    MY POWER IS BACK! AHAHAHAHAHAHA! FRIGGIDY FRAK YEAH!

I've immediately put this hint the master document (also added a ToC).
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...HOf_8y0g/edit#

Quote Originally Posted by vonstroheim View Post
    Tupolev glued a Tu-22M nose on a regular Tu-134 to make a cheap bomber trainer... Clever, but not for everybody's taste...
    I think the USAF used a Convair T-29 with a Starfighter nose to train crews on using its radar.

You just know the learning curve is worth it when you can just kick back and take in this view:

This thing is as hard to touch down as a 727 though.

P.S:
    I've amended my documentation with a section on autolands.

Great News!!! THx Bjoern.

Finally this piece of art receive well deserved attention outside the iron curtain!

I recommend learn the Russian aeronautical philosophy with the SD Yak-40. Supronov wrote the best russian manual. Later move to the PTu-154B2 for learn the Doppler Navigation system (NVU-B3). Finally, only due to the lack of proper documentation learn this bird.

I hope that with Bjoern iniciative, we can solve the problem of the lack of documentation and "return" to the original Aeroflot scheme. Yak-40->Tu-134->Tu-154-> Long range airliner->Tu144D.

P.S. Remember that in this forum Vl82m collected some documentation. Here.
    Need to study the english manual for the 134 (which I hope is not too outdated).
    https://yadi.sk/i/SWeVYMzBdo3ie
    I suppose that is Uudated. Vlad wrote this manual a few months ago because he saw here and in other forums expectation from non russian simmers.
    Last edited by ce_zeta; April 24th, 2015 at 04:05. Reason: P.S.

Read my documentation, a WL82's documents are all linked or referred to in there (except for the video).

Members who have read this thread: 3