Last two doolittle raiders honored..........

Thread: Last two doolittle raiders honored..........

Last two doolittle raiders honored..........

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

That is incredible that even two of these guys is still in the land of the living. They just don't make 'em like that any more.The greatest generation. I remember Thatchers character distinctly from the movie "30 Seconds Over Tokyo". He was played by Robert Walker who. incidentally, died in 1951 at the ripe old age of 33. Different life choices.

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

When the fate of the civilised world was in the balance, men of the quality of these stood up and were counted. Heroes, one and all.

It is a great shame however, that the site announcing the story does not have the same integrity.

I have Firefox as my browser with the Ghostery addon, the gizmo that stops any LSOs and assorted beasties from being placed on my PC without neither my agreement nor knowledge. I know a lot of people don't object to a cookie or two but I would like to list what this site tried to stick on my kit:

AddThis - (Widgets, Social)
    Adometry - (Analytics)
    Amazon Associates - (Advertising, Affiliate Marketing)
    Chartbeat - (Analytics)
    CrazyEgg - (Analytics)
    Double Click - (Advertising)
    Facebook Connect - (Widgets, Social)
    Facebook Social Graph - (Widgets, Social)
    Google Adwords Converse - (Advertising)
    Google Analytics - (Analytics)
    Google Tag Manager - (Widgets, Tag Manager)
    Google + Platform - (Widgets, Social)
    Lindekin Widgets - (Widgets, Social)
    New Relic - (Analytics)
    NewsMax - (Widgets)
    Optimisely - (Beacons, A/B Testing, Site Optimisation)
    Publir - (Advertising)
    Quantcast - (Advertising)
    Taboola - (Widgets, Video Playerl)
    Twitter Button - (Widgets, Social)
    Yahoo Analytics - (Analytics)

21 snoops. My maximum was when I went onto Amazon to check the price of a new mobile phone; first page - 6; second page - 56!!!

I clicked through Ghostery's site to check on just one random (honestly) beastie;

Taboola - Data Collected; Undisclosed
    Data Sharing; Undisclosed
    Data Retention; Undisclosed

Address; 44 W. St. Suite 702, New York, NY 10011

Perhaps anybody reading this who lives in NY might want to pop in and ask them what right they have to try and steal your private information without your knowledge. They drew a blank with me but if I had used IE........

If you think I'm ballyhoo-ing about nothing, some sites try to collect; hardware type, software type and telephone numbers.....

Graham.

Members who have read this thread: 0