i need a bit of help

Thread: i need a bit of help

i need a bit of help

i didnt know what forum to put this in,but i have my new computer now,its set up and im now re-downloading all of my FTX stuff,i have no idea what else i will have to replace..i have a external HD loaded with flight sim stuff,but some of the stuff ,like the FTX/ORBX stuff,when i plug it into this new PC with win 8.1 on it,its all gone..well not all of it,most of it is gone though..i dont get it.the old PC is vista and i still have it,im going to use it for things like while im flying,i will have google earth on so i can see real world stuff while flying.did i see a program somewhere the allows you to follow your flight with a little plane icon on it,GE that is?.

then i cant do a damned thing on this new pc ,besides FSX,without a microsoft account..i dont have one and dont want one,yet it tells me i have a dlkjr@outlook.com..so i tried my regular password and it tells me the password is incorrect,it then tells me to make a new account..well i only have ONE real email address,and if i type that in...it tells me i cant use it...i want to use the preinstalled skype,but i cant because i have to have the stupid msn email....frustrating as all get out.

and why do the flightsim store's downloads take so long?...i thought it was having some sort of issues with my internet..i have 100bps..they came looked at it all..no issues here,yet it slows way down and even disconnects...

another issues..only with downloading from flightsim store..if i use my tv (wifi connected) or use the second pc with a browser..the download will slow to a creep,and then as soon as i close the browser on pc 2..it speeds back up on pc 1.same with the tv..i shut it off and suddenly pc1 downlaod is faster.

OK well!!!......i see how you guys are!!! no help for the idiot?....sheesh..whatta group of old bones....(Craig..thanks lol)........

and out!.....whew what a hard scene THAT was......................heheheheh

Blog Entries
    LOL.....
    Have a good evening Dave.....
    Craig.
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

you too bud!!

Internet Speed?

Dave,

How is the new computer hooked to the internet, is it connected via the Ethernet cord from the router? Do you have a switch which gives you more ethernet ports to plug in your old computer and TV? The switch could limit the internet speed. Just a thought.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Asus P8Z68 M
    Intel i7-2700
    16 GB of Ram
    GeForce GTX 550 Ti

hi, well i have a router..this i know,and both PCs are connected via the one box,trucker suggested they might be connected as a network?..but isnt anything that gets a signal from that router a network?.....i dont know this stuff at all. but thanks

Do you by chance have a wireless Modem ? if so its possiable that your new comp has wireless to and is connected that way.

To fix all your issues with Win 8 you can dump it and install Win 7 for fairly cheap. Maybe find a deal for it offering Win 10 upgrade included ?

I agree. Install win7x64. I bought a new computer last year with win8. After a few months of fooling with it, I went back. Much better. Win7x64 is the best os ever made.

Guys,

Just wait for a couple olf months until Windows 10 comes out. It will be a free upgrade for Windows 7/8.x users.

I've been testing it for quite a few months now and it is great!

Johan

Daveroo, I've just answered Willy's thread about 8.1 It will either make you laugh or cry! I have bought an XP disc to save my sanity.

AND don't think an upgrade to W10 will help, I wouldn't trust M$ to stir my tea. Amateurs in panic. AND where is W9? Another success no doubt.

Best wishes mate,

Graham.
    Last edited by arfyhun; April 19th, 2015 at 07:39. Reason: forgot win9

Windows 8.1!!! hate it
    It must have done some upgrading last night whilst I slept for when I got up and went to the machine, it had moved me time-wise to the East coast and I had lost 3 hours of my life. IE explorer it claims is an APP and it doesnèt work on my machine. Oh there is another thing I just noticed, it has changed the keyboard to French Canadian zoot alors et Mon Dieu, quelle damage!
    My Google Earth Program (sorry, App) has vanished, had to fiddle with Outlook to get it started.
    I'm wondering what other gems I will discover as missing or altered as the day unfolds.
    Roll on W10, cannot wait.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Dave,

Anything that is connected to the router in your house is on the network. The more devices you have connected to the network will slow it down a bit, I would unplugged the TV and your old computer and then download the files on your new computer and see if that helps to bring the download speed up on your new computer. Are you using any kind of download manager on the new computer, that can sometimes cause files to download at a slower speed.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Asus P8Z68 M
    Intel i7-2700
    16 GB of Ram
    GeForce GTX 550 Ti

hi,
    the problem of the download stuff is cleaned,it was a bad route,wavecable came today and the guy swapped out the router,did some tests ,and its working and faster.

Members who have read this thread: 0