What could cause a flap motor sound to loop perpetually?

Thread: What could cause a flap motor sound to loop perpetually?

What could cause a flap motor sound to loop perpetually?

I'm having a great time flying a certain payware twin engine British carrier jet bomber that came in two major marks using different engines (can you guess which?! ). I love it, I think it is fantastic and I recommend it. However every time I deploy the flaps the sound of the flap motor goes into a loop, i.e. the sound plays again and again and again and again! This is less of a problem when you're on the move, because the sound gets "stuck" in space and is therefore left behind as you take off or approach to land. However, when on a ship, on a catapult there can be a lot of hanging around and the unrealistic looping sound is driving me nuts!!! So far this only seems to happen to me, so I may have a bug somewhere, or I've messed with something without realising. Does anyone how and why a sound file might end up being set to loop? Does anyone know how I might fix it so it doesn't... and thereby save my sanity?!

Pleeeeeaaaaaassssseeee somebody help me!

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Andy!!!

I know the aircraft you're talking about and you know I don't have that problem.. even though cycling the views changes what I hear. I've had this problem before with certain models but sadly, I can't remember which. Cycling the views generally fixes it. The question you ask is WHY does this happen and I've really no idea. Perhaps someone here will know

ATB
    DaveB

It sometimes happens to me on random aircraft when I set flaps for takeoff right before taxiing. When it happens I just quickly hit the buttons I have programmed for extend more flaps and then retract more flaps and the sound stops and the flaps stay where I set them for takeoff.
    "But there are two certain targets 135 miles from here that don't expect us . . . Let's get Enterprise and Hornet turned into the wind."
    Actor Glenn Ford portraying R. Adm. Raymond Spruance in "Midway"

Members who have read this thread: 0