C-97 BETA now available for download! - Page 14
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: C-97 BETA now available for download!

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Roger that, Dave, and thanks for again testing the nav system.

I, too, have the A2A 377, but it seems impossible to hitch them up -- I mean C-97 exterior plus 377 interior -- without major hiccups. Pity that.
    Yup.. someone mentioned doing just that early in the thread but to be honest, that wasn't a consideration. I've always liked the 377 (the real thing) and am more than happy to have the A2A model remain intact and your C97 to stay 'as is' I've loved the C97 model from day one and it just gets better. Whatever the flightdeck ends up looking like.. I'll be happy

ATB
    DaveB

Just uploaded to SOH Library.

Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

It's a beauty Duckie.

Will dl as soon as I get home from work.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    WIP...Here's an orange trimmed "G". 108th ARS IL. ANG. Still have to do the ALPHAs and SPECs, so still a few days away.
    Looking Bloody Brilliant Duckie in military terms .. that's a LBBD

That looks absolutely beautiful Duckie. But do I detect U.S. AIR FORCE on the nose?? Looks as if it's still there on the spec or spec-alpha. Possibly there to simulate its removal and shadow remaining on the metal?? I've seen photos of KC-97's with the Arctic red removed and it does leave a messy shadow.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

And two more to complete this series of Help Screens. These will all be integrated into the next Monitor Patch.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    It's a beauty Duckie.

Will dl as soon as I get home from work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Looking Bloody Brilliant Duckie in military terms .. that's a LBBD
    Thanks for your kind comments Gents.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    That looks absolutely beautiful Duckie. But do I detect U.S. AIR FORCE on the nose?? Looks as if it's still there on the spec or spec-alpha. Possibly there to simulate its removal and shadow remaining on the metal?? I've seen photos of KC-97's with the Arctic red removed and it does leave a messy shadow.

DaveQ
    Thank you Dave, and you are correct. The reference I have for this bird clearly shows the remnants of the U.S. AIR FORCE banner from an earlier attempt at removal of same.
    Duckie

Staions?

Had a question about the boom operation. What is difference between the two stations 350 and 750? Does it change the location of the boom when extended or does it change how much of the boom is extended?

Another question..

Does anyone know what colour the band is on the fin of this aircraft?
    http://abpic.co.uk/photo/1061455/

There a lots of shots of similarly marked aircraft at Greenham Common in the early 60's.
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Another question..

Does anyone know what colour the band is on the fin of this aircraft?
    http://abpic.co.uk/photo/1061455/

There a lots of shots of similarly marked aircraft at Greenham Common in the early 60's.
    ATB
    DaveB
    Dave, check out this link. According to one of the captions the colors varied by squadron.

http://users.vermontel.net/~tomh/AIR...RTS/Pease.html
    Duckie

Thanks for that Steve It couldn't be straight forward could it!!

I like.. whenever possible.. for a model to have some association with the UK.. hence me scraping around the net. There are probably more shots of L's than G's in the UK (more colour shots for sure) but I'll try and trace the Squadron to the airframe then see what colour the band should be.
    Thanks again mate

ATB
    DaveB

Any advice on getting the KC-97 moving on the ground in P3D? On full power the aircraft will not move.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Any advice on getting the KC-97 moving on the ground in P3D? On full power the aircraft will not move.
    I ran into that issue myself. The only fix I've been able to find is to offload lots of fuel (via the fuel and payload menu). It still takes gunning the throttles to get it rolling. Might possibly be a realistic behavior given the weight of the aircraft, though I've had similar problems with some (not all) other aircraft, for example the A2A B-17. I've found the B-17 rolls off better if you use pushback to move it out of its parking spot. Haven't tried that with the C-97, though. I haven't had much time for testing the last few weeks but I'll try to get back to it after updating it and see if I can come up with other workarounds.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

I tried it again and it did not move, started in the air and did a full stop landing and then it accelerated to take off speed in a normal fashion..

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by jandmbear View Post
    Had a question about the boom operation. What is difference between the two stations 350 and 750? Does it change the location of the boom when extended or does it change how much of the boom is extended?
    Nothing to do with the amount of boom extension. (Fuselage) Station 350 designates the forward belly PDI lights, Station 750 is the belly blister with the lights marked UP, FWD etc aft of the wings. Only one of them is active during a rendezvous (except for breakaway). The boomer decides which, he has the switch for that (see Monitor > Boom). It's usually sta 350 for bombers, 750 for fighters.

I tried it again and it did not move, started in the air and did a full stop landing and then it accelerated to take off speed in a normal fashion..
    JensOle, previous P3D users reported all was OK there. Which version P3D are you running? Perhaps post a screenshot of the Monitor Panel at the point when it doesn't move even though you have Throttles full open? Have you also tried the Throttle > to (takeoff) preset?

I'm running 2.5. Yes I have tried the TO, it is like glued to the runway (no motion at all). I assume the KC-97 is supposed to take off with a full fuel load? I'll do some more testing this afternoon and post a screenshot. The strange thing is that after lifting the aircraft to altitude with the "y" button, and doing a full stop landing, then the aircraft behave normally.

Thanks!

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

It's a long shot Jens but are you starting P3D with a default aircraft? I don't know how P3D works as I don't have it but I know that by starting with a default model in FSX.. many 'ills' are cured.

ATB
    DaveB

Dave,

That cured it! Thank you for the advice. I have never seen anything like this problem before, but starting from a saved flight with a default plane solved it.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Thanks - I'll try that as well.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Dave,

That cured it! Thank you for the advice. I have never seen anything like this problem before, but starting from a saved flight with a default plane solved it.
    That's great news Jens I've started every sim back to FS5 this way (though there wasn't much in the default 5!!) and it's a pain in the butt sometimes but it sets the sim up with default values working. I then switch to anything I like with a very good chance that everything will work.

Hope it works for you too Alan

ATB
    DaveB

Steve..

I've found the aircraft in that shot I linked is from the 100ARS but I still can't find what the fin stipe colour should be?
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Steve..

I've found the aircraft in that shot I linked is from the 100ARS but I still can't find what the fin stipe colour should be?
    ATB
    DaveB
    Dave, in the link I posted, both the KC-97s and the B-47s pictured are from the 100ths- ARS and Bombardment, and, although the color photos aren't the greatest, one could interpret the tail stripes as "Black", barring any information to the contrary. If info becomes available at some later time it's a snap to correct or update.

Just sayin' ...

Steve
    Duckie

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Dave, in the link I posted, both the KC-97s and the B-47s pictured are from the 100ths- ARS and Bombardment, and, although the color photos aren't the greatest, one could interpret the tail stripes as "Black", barring any information to the contrary. If info becomes available at some later time it's a snap to correct or update.

Just sayin' ...

Steve
    Rgr that Steve I was leaning toward dark blue or black anyway and as it's for my own amusement.. black will do nicely
    ATB
    DaveB

Lightbulb A yc-97j

Thank you, Manfred....so, there's hope yet for a 97J....

If in any doubt, just google the aircraft and be prepared to be amazed. The 97J would have been totally revolutionary. Some of her specs and performance data...payloads, air speed, range would have given our modern transports great competition. I am grateful for the R7V! That is a pretty plane.

Thanks again for the reply.

v/r
    qar02

What's the latest beta version?

CK
    Flying Canada's "Left Coast"

Members who have read this thread: 2