C-97 BETA now available for download!
Page 1 of 16 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: C-97 BETA now available for download!

C-97 BETA now available for download!

Find it in the Warbirds Library:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...7&linkid=19569

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Apparently I was living on another planet... didn't even see the WIP thread for this!

Do you know if it works in P3D 2.5?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Apparently I was living on another planet... didn't even see the WIP thread for this!

That's the joy of a public Beta - you get to test it.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Awesome!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Wow... I'm on my dev laptop away from home atm, but I couldn't resist downloading it to take a peek. Started it up, had a quick takeoff, poked around some... Very, very impressive! The VC textures, especially looking ahead where it counts, are great. And that monitor panel is really concise and nice to use. Great fun to fire up the engines one at a time in an outside view using the panel.

Can't wait to play with it some more when I get home tonight. Thanks very, very much!!
    Jim Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post

YES

Carl

Yippee!!! I'm going to have fun making some cross country flights in this bird this weekend. Thanks to everyone who has been working hard to bring this fine airplane to our desktops.

C97 S nags

A couple of things about the C97.

The Altimeters are inoperative.
    Cannot set a course on the VOR indicators.
    For the price its a good sim. I hope these things are corrected soon.
    Seejay

It is a BETA!
    We all need to test all of the functions!

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

I'm going in , crank those props will ya

Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post
    It is a BETA!

Rick
    Do we have a running list? Nice bird to fly!

Altimeter settings stick in the thousands.
    Reverse props in op.
    half the wings are invisible from the cockpit views.

Good so far. Sound and visuals are clean and the sim model appears pretty true to my eye. Handles well and stable in flight. No issues there with flight dynamics.

I cannot get any gauges or switches to show in the main panel, overhead panel and centre pedestal (the surfaces are all blank):

There are no switches for the interior or exterior lights, electrical systems, generators, electrical bus, starters, cowl flaps,
    There are no radio navigation, communication radios, transponders. weather radar and or gps or FMC units or systems available. No way of checking whether RMI and VOR/ILS Gauge were operative.
    there is reference to the gauges in the panel.cfg file but no display in VC.
    There is no autopilot.
    The pressure altimeters do not show change in altitude.
    The radar altimeter does not show any changes of altitude.

The flap position indicator appears a little oversized.

For information and action I guess, this is really going to be a very nice simulator aeroplane to fly and get to spend time simming with. Great work so far. Understand this is Beta, hope the above helps.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Good so far. Sound and visuals are clean and the sim model appears pretty true to my eye. Handles well and stable in flight. No issues there with flight dynamics.

I cannot get any gauges or switches to show in the main panel, overhead panel and centre pedestal (the surfaces are all blank):

There are no switches for the interior or exterior lights, electrical systems, generators, electrical bus, starters, cowl flaps,
    There are no radio navigation, communication radios, transponders. weather radar and or gps or FMC units or systems available. No way of checking whether RMI and VOR/ILS Gauge were operative.
    there is reference to the gauges in the panel.cfg file but no display in VC.
    There is no autopilot.
    The pressure altimeters do not show change in altitude.
    The radar altimeter does not show any changes of altitude.

The flap position indicator appears a little oversized.

For information and action I guess, this is really going to be a very nice simulator aeroplane to fly and get to spend time simming with. Great work so far. Understand this is Beta, hope the above helps.
    Try Shift 4, brings up a pop up panel. Not everything is functional but it makes it flyable.

Manfred ... once again you've outdone yourself. Thanks just doesn't seem adequate ... but it's the best I could come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post
    It is a BETA!

Rick
    Agreed. Great job on the BETA.

Most of the obvious items have already been mentioned.

Two on my list include the need to add VC gauge and cockpit lighting, and a means of entering the ADF frequency.

One thing I encountered was a disconnect between the manual start and the combined throttles. When I attempted a manual start per checklist with engine 3, I got no response so I ended up starting the engines with Ctrl-E. Once back in the VC I wanted to taxi, but only had power to engine 3. I then realized (by the low manifold pressure) that I needed to manually start the remaining engines although the props were turning on all of them. Once I had all the engines powered up, my throttle only added power to one engine. I ended up reloading the aircraft to be able to move all four throttles with my single joystick throttle (hope that makes sense). Not sure what I'm saying here, but I guess it would be nice to have an additional gauge that would synchronize the throttles all four engines after a manual start??

Cheers
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Manfred et al, thanks for an outstanding effort and result. It's probably fair to say that your work and that of the others on the c97
    team are more appreciated than you will all ever know.

I think I have a new observation in the spirit of beta commentary.

The outside wing and engine views appear to work great for me...while the aircraft is on the ground. Once airborne these views clip off a good portion
    of the wings and engines, in effect you see 'through' the parts. I'm using a TrackIR5 and it may indeed be related to this but what stumps me is why the views are perfect on the ground but
    corrupt while flying.

The above is completely ineffective in diminishing my enjoyment of this wonderful bird.

I noticed the same re: outside views in flight - also using Track IR 5.

I left a note in the other thread about high ground friction in P3D 2.5 but that may in fact be realistic, or may have something to do with Accu-Feel or with P3D itself (I've seen the issue in a few other aircraft).

None of which keeps me from saying - what a fantastic piece of work!
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Your comments, and some answers

First, many thanks to all for screenshots, videos, paints, and comments. All very much appreciated indeed. Keep them coming.

In the following, I'll reply to some of the comments by quoting snippets. Again, many thanks for acting as testers.

CTD

--I had a routine install up until it asked me to accept the first (I think) gauge. I must have done something wrong to this routine question, because I immediately had a CTD. Now I get a CTD every time I select the C-97. My problem is that I now don't know how to get back to that approval point again (removing the C-97 folder and installing again just gives me the same CTD when selecting the C-97). … by process of elimination I have discovered that the "fsx_event_logger.gau" is what got screwed up. If someone knows how to rectify my issue with it (in the "fsx.cfg" file entry?) please speak up. I merely removed mine to get the C-97 operable, but I'm sure this missing gauge now precludes a bunch of functionality.
    The event logger gauge is purely for diagnostic purposes, and you can safely leave it deactivated. Indeed I believe the acceptance status of gauges is written into FSX.cfg, so that's a clue you might want to follow up. However, even refusing a gauge shouldn't lead to a CTD so perhaps there's more here than meets the eye.

VC matters

-- Altimeters inoperative. Thanks, will look it up and report back.

-- Overhead switches and gauges missing. Sorry, that is the current state of the VC. Atm many VC gauge functions have been delegated to the Monitor gauge.

-- need to add VC gauge and cockpit lighting, and a means of entering the ADF frequency. OK, noted.

Cameraviews

-- half the wings are invisible from the cockpit views. That's because they are 2D panel views of the exterior only, not proper VC views. The VC doesn't yet have any wingviews.

Operation

--Reverse props in op. Depends how you trigger it perhaps. Try Monitor > Engines > REV mid click to arm, then L-click REV or key Water Rudder. Should do the trick. Move throttle for speed control. Easily manages bends and corners, too! Personally, I have put water rudder on a joystick button and once REV is armed you are only a button press away from Reverse (even in the air, so watchit!)

Monitor Gauge

--Some of the controls on the shift+4 overhead aren't working. These should all be working. Details pls?

--One thing I encountered was a disconnect between the manual start and the combined throttles. When I attempted a manual start per checklist with engine 3, I got no response so I ended up starting the engines with Ctrl-E. Once back in the VC I wanted to taxi, but only had power to engine 3. I then realized (by the low manifold pressure) that I needed to manually start the remaining engines although the props were turning on all of them. Once I had all the engines powered up, my throttle only added power to one engine. I ended up reloading the aircraft to be able to move all four throttles with my single joystick throttle (hope that makes sense). Not sure what I'm saying here, but I guess it would be nice to have an additional gauge that would synchronize the throttles all four engines after a manual start??
    Why, naturally. Click Monitor > Engines to re-select all of them , or R-click any single one. Check the engine numbers all turn bright. Just E should also work, I suppose.

Textures

--I noticed there's no bump map for no.3 texture (vertical stab, engines, pylons and fuel tanks)? I realize this is a beta, so is there a bump.coming or should I make one? will it even work if I do? No, because no BUMP is actually specified for the material. I did have one originally, then dropped it because it blew up the size of the model and had little to show for it, I thought. Might reconsider it for an update, though.

Manfred..

Re certain things not working on the overhead(Shift+4).. I was probably unlucky that the second thing I tried didn't work. I've been through them all again just and on the MISC panel.. CA (I presume CAbin lights) isn't clickable. On the BOOM panel.. it's probably my ignorance as much as anything else but of the bottom 4 selections.. PDI, UGD, AGF, UAGFD.. only PDI seems to be 'live'. I don't know what the others mean anyway I tried reversing the props (with no noticeable effect) but couldn't remember what you'd put here!! dimwit!

ATB
    DaveB

Wow, nice B-45. Link please?

Point of information: a quick way to explore a tanker rendezvous is to use Jerry Beckwith's AIFormation. Make the Stratotanker fly at a constant speed (Monitor > Autopilot > Speed > mid-click current value, then adjust) to make the task a little easier -- but that said it is still hellishly difficult.

Here is a question I've been meaning to ask, Do any of you guys use TacPack and have any information on how to code the boom so that a receiver aircraft can extend it?

Dave, you are right, cabin lights have not yet been done. PDI is the boomer's Pilot Direction Information lights, D (down), U (up), A (aft), F (forward) G (green) represent the letters on the station 350 and 750 belly appendages and will light up when the corresponding belly lights are ON. The idea is when you put yourself in the boomer's position you can still see which lights are active. In Contact mode some of them flash in random sequence, just to simulate what they might show during actual contact. Put her on AP and move underneath in spot view, then go through the Boomer procedures as described in the Checklist and you will get a proper lightshow.

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Wow, nice B-45. Link please?

Point of information: a quick way to explore a tanker rendezvous is to use Jerry Beckwith's AIFormation. Make the Stratotanker fly at a constant speed (Monitor > Autopilot > Speed > click current value, then adjust) to make the task a little easier -- but that said it is still hellishly difficult.

Any of you guys use TacPack and have any information on how to code the boom so that a receiver aircraft can extend it?

Dave, you are right, cabin lights have not yet been done. PDI is the boomer's Pilot Direction Information lights, D (down), U (up), A (aft), F (forward) G (green) represent the letters on the station 350 and 750 belly appendages and will light up when the corresponding belly lights are ON. In Contact mode some of them do it randomly. Put her on AP and move underneath in spot view, then go through the Boomer procedures as described in the Checklist, and you will get a proper lightshow.
    http://secure.simmarket.com/virtavia...nado-fsx.phtml
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Strat Boards

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> Hello All,
    The boards we have been using for development are now open for any and all Beta feedback and discussions.
    They can be found at:

http://teamstrat.proboards.com/

The boards have been around for a while, and are hosted by proboards, please register to see all of the sections. They have simply been rearranged and cleaned up for the Strat project.

We are all SOH fans and will continue to monitor and respond to these boards also. The goal of the separate board is to grow into an FS Stratocruser /Stratotanker/Stratolifter resource for the Strat lover in all of us.

Looking forward to all of your feedback!

--Dan
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <woNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <wontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->
    Never trust a clean Crew Chief.

Dave, you are right, cabin lights have not yet been done. PDI is the boomer's Pilot Direction Information lights, D (down), U (up), A (aft), F (forward) G (green) represent the letters on the station 350 and 750 belly appendages and will light up when the corresponding belly lights are ON. The idea is when you put yourself in the boomer's position you can still see which lights are active. In Contact mode some of them flash in random sequence, just to simulate what they might show during actual contact. Put her on AP and move underneath in spot view, then go through the Boomer procedures as described in the Checklist and you will get a proper lightshow.
    Cheers Manfred I'd already had a fair goof outside to see what happened with the lights at various settings on the BOOM panel.. eg Ready, Contact e t c and had guessed the other letters along the bottom corresponded in some way with this.. U=Up, A=Aft e t c. Are these other sections 'live' in multiplayer so that (for example) the team in the tanker can hit the U letter to indicate to the receiver he has to move UP? It's this I can't fathom at the moment.

I have Jerry Beckwith's AirTrafficFX which I must learn to use properly (rather than for quick formations) so I can add the tanker as AI. I remember how difficult taking fuel was with Lago's Tornado. I think the only aircraft I ever managed to successfully take fuel in was a 1-11!!

Rgr your last Dan
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Here is a question I've been meaning to ask, Do any of you guys use TacPack and have any information on how to code the boom so that a receiver aircraft can extend it?
    The info is available in the online SDK. http://forums.vrsimulations.com/supp...#Tanker_Models

Members who have read this thread: 2