FSX Boeing C-97 V.1 Beta Basepack.zip

Thread: FSX Boeing C-97 V.1 Beta Basepack.zip

FSX Boeing C-97 V.1 Beta Basepack.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military Props

Description: FSX Boeing model 367 / C-97 Stratofreighter / Stratotanker. By Roland Berger (testing), Manfred Jahn (models, textures, Monitor gauge), Dan McManus (technical research, VC and panel textures, crew calls) Wayne Tudor (Flight Data Envelope), Ted Wolfgang (soundset). Interior model adapted from Greg Pepper's original FS2002 model. A paintkit is available as an FSX Addon in the Warbirds Library at Sim Outhouse (www.sim- outhouse.com). Use Search > C-97. Future releases are planned to include comprehensive documentation, more C-97 and KC-97 variants, and an AI version. Minimum system-requirement is FSX SP2, FSX Gold Edition or Acceleration recommended.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FSX Boeing C-97 V.1 Beta Basepack.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

C-97

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us this freeware C-97. I have just downloaded it and hope to give it a test fly soon!!!!
    OS Vista 64 Home Basic
    WD 1.5 TB HD
    EVGA 550Ti 2GB MEM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB RAM
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHZ
    XION High Performance 1000W PS
    FSX/Acceleration

Icon23 Best KC/C 97

Hello;

Of course, no one is ever completely satisfied with the outstanding, Freewares to be found here "but"...

Remembering the old Lockheed Star Liner Turboprop conversion, the YC-121-F (which, BTW flies great in FSX just as downloaded today)...one is prompted to ask if there would be any reason to hold out hope for a beta of the YC-97-J...which could perform every bit as awe sum as the C-130? This plane, of which at least two were produced cut the performance figures of the KC/C 97 to ribbons!!! It actually out flew the ground radar sweep rates of the era.

Thanks, in advance....

v/r
    qar02

Hi,
    I just began evaluating the aircraft and so far I'm very impressed. Not only a very nicely modeled VC but, as part of my initial evaluation of any aircraft, horizontal panning within the VC shows minimal jerkiness indicative of a low impact on frame rate aircraft. Very impressive considering the high visual quality.
    I do have one question; I tried to bring up the Help panel and saw a momentary black image bur nothing more. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Jim F.

Cool FSX Boeing C97.

I really enjoy operating this aircraft. The modelling and the VC is so good and it photographs like a star. Yes a 'but' is coming, on my install I can't fly at night because I have no instrument panel lights and no function of the 'Ca' selection which is the cabin lights. Do I need to edit my config file or have I done something wrong? Appreciate any help, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle eye View Post
    I really enjoy operating this aircraft. The modelling and the VC is so good and it photographs like a star. Yes a 'but' is coming, on my install I can't fly at night because I have no instrument panel lights and no function of the 'Ca' selection which is the cabin lights. Do I need to edit my config file or have I done something wrong? Appreciate any help, thanks.
    Good morning:

Sorry to hear your having a slight difficult issue with the C-97 - however it can be easily fixed !!! LOL

Unfortunately Manfred and his team never got to finalize the airplane prior to him leaving Flight Sim for a bit due to personal reason's however he did install a "vc_light" section in the "cfg" file - should be lights 6, 7 and 8.. (as seen below)

light.6= 4, 35.0, -1.65, 5.2, fx_c97_vclight
    light.7= 4, 35.0, 1.65, 5.2, fx_c97_vclight
    light.8= 4, 35.0, 0.00, 5.2, fx_c97_vclight

The only reason I can think off that they would not be working is that the "Ca" switch is usually set up for "cabin" lights and not "VC" lights.

If you have the above section in your cfg - and it still doesn't work as you would like it too (or as intended), then change the "=4" number to an "=10" number and see what you get..

Hope this helps..

Bill
    (WND)

FSX Boeing C-97 instrument lights.

Thanks for the reply WND I checked my config file with your suggestion and found a difference in light 8 line with that 10, being inserted.

That's the answer I thought and removed it and reset line spacing to same as the others, however no luck! I changed the 6,7 & 8 lights to equal 10 but still no go. The Ca selection goes from dull grey to white when you mouse click it but nothing happens so I am still without cockpit and instrument lights. Anyone got any further ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.JPG  

FSX Boeing C-97

I have now fixed my problem by deleting my current C-97 installation and installing the latest SOH compilation of C-97 & KC-97. The instrument panel lighting is restored and a nice view (a non working VC view) of the engineers panel, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle eye View Post
    I have now fixed my problem by deleting my current C-97 installation and installing the latest SOH compilation of C-97 & KC-97. The instrument panel lighting is restored and a nice view (a non working VC view) of the engineers panel, cheers.
    Good morning Eagle Eye:

Glad to hear you got your issue resolved.. One thing that I just noticed (and missed the first time) was the "effect' you where using originally - changing "fx_c97_vclight" to just "fx_vclight" might have solved it also..

Anyways, at least your 'up and running' now - enjoy the airplanes..

Bill

Members who have read this thread: 1