scenery issue with MR solomons - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: scenery issue with MR solomons

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

Hiya Worthless.

Well, here is the deal. Unless those files you removed were still present in some other activated scenery folder there is no way in the world that the three locations you mentioned could have come out looking like they are supposed to look, as shown in the three screenshots I posted above. Not a chance.

Those files absolutely must be present for the scenery to look the way it looks in those pictures. They are the guts of the scenery.

You must have these same or some other MR Solomons bgls covering the same ground as these MR Solomon s bgls installed and activated someplace. Operative word = MUST

First note in README:
    NOTE: DUMP ALL EXISTING MR SOLOMONS FILES (THEY WILL CAUSE
    CONFLICT).
    IF YOU HAVE THEM ALL IN THE SAME FOLDER THIS WILL BE EASY.
    MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by Worthless View Post
    Re: mr_solomons_081116

I had the same issue, in one of my PTO installs, with the same files some time ago. Just stumbling around I discovered that removing select bgls in each solved the problem.
    My notes (some time in 2014) show......
    In the case of Ballale I deleted "ballale_poly_8.bgl" and "lc_ballale.bgl" .
    Same problem with Ondonga....I deleted "SI Ondonga_poly_8.bgl".
    Same again with "SI_Stirling_Is". Delete "Stirling_poly_8.bgl" and all is well.
    I really didn't have a clue what was at issue. But it worked, as far as I could tell, so I just smiled and moved on.

I guess I should have raised the issue at the time but when I found a solution I dropped it. Thank you dasuto247 for the thread, this has been very illuminating.

And while I'm at it....my same notes show that in Nov. 2014 I ran into a similar issue with "Tsili Tsili 43". Big green squares surround the airfield.
    Removing the Earth.bgl from the scenery folder solved it and made the big green squares go away.

I still don't know why.

Interesting.Ill give it a try.Also having the green squares around Rabaul.Running New Britain_UT.Same concept you think? NB was running fine until I added the files via the scenery list (as readme instructs) instead of putting directly into the scenery, as I thought was supposed to do.Which is why I asked if anyone had the default textures. Ill see if your fix for Ballale works.

Quote Originally Posted by MaskRider View Post
    Hiya Worthless.

Well, here is the deal. Unless those files you removed were still present in some other activated scenery folder there is no way in the world that the three locations you mentioned could have come out looking like they are supposed to look, as shown in the three screenshots I posted above. Not a chance.

Those files absolutely must be present for the scenery to look the way it looks in those pictures. They are the guts of the scenery.

You must have these same or some other MR Solomons bgls covering the same ground as these MR Solomon s bgls installed and activated someplace. Operative word = MUST

First note in README:

MR
    I deleted those files and worked but missing the shoreline, no sandy shoreline but barely noticeable.Better as a temp fix.Now to fix Rabaul.Running the New Britain_UT scenery.Finally got rid of the stock runways but now its all blocky like ballale was.

Icon22

Hehe. Ok, if you guys are happy then so am I!

Enjoy!

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Hehe. Ok, if you guys are happy then so am I!

Enjoy!

MR
    Thanks for the help, all issues resolved for now.One question, any ideas on a fix for Balalle? the shorelines are missing.Not a huge deal but curious.

Icon22

dasuto247,

Did you see this post by dvslats?

Usually untextured blocks are an issue with this...

LWM TYPE SCENERY included in these collections requires that you copy contents of your scenedb/world/texture folder to your main CFS2 texture folder. Its a one time deal- it won't hurt a thing.
    Its an excerpt from the readme. Did you complete this step?

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

dasuto247,

Did you see this post by dvslats?

Its an excerpt from the readme. Did you complete this step?

MR
    I got it, all is well now.Now having issue with chi chi jima in your mariannas bonins pack I had with Ballale, but thinking can fix it now.Ill try anyways.Iwo Jima looks great though.Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by dasuto247 View Post
    I got it, all is well now.Now having issue with chi chi jima in your mariannas bonins pack I had with Ballale, but thinking can fix it now.Ill try anyways.Iwo Jima looks great though.Nicely done.

Would it be okay to leave out the mariannas files and add just the bonins and iwo? See I want Bonins and Iwo but dont want Mariannas Americanized yet, still flying before June 44.Asking should the pack work fine without mariannas files but for Bonins? Iwo looks great but has its own files.

Icon22

Would it be okay to leave out the mariannas files and add just the bonins and iwo? See I want Bonins and Iwo but dont want Mariannas Americanized yet, still flying before June 44.Asking should the pack work fine without mariannas files but for Bonins? Iwo looks great but has its own files.
    LOL! I am not sure I even want to start down that track at all. Lots of complications and considerations. I think you might be reaching a point that many of us reach at some point where you decide to start making your own scenery to suit your your own needs.

Not trying to blow you off at all. Just saying that that I am way too tired tonight to think about it.

Cheers,
    MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

LOL! I am not sure I even want to start down that track at all. Lots of complications and considerations. I think you might be reaching a point that many of us reach at some point where you decide to start making your own scenery to suit your your own needs.

Not trying to blow you off at all. Just saying that that I am way too tired tonight to think about it.

Cheers,
    MR
    Lol I understand.I actually just took out parts I assumed were for Bonins and Iwo only(most were labeled so) and just added them, so far looks good.Iwo, Chichi etc are there.Mariannas are stock as want them for now.Enjoying the new looks.Thanks for the help.

Hiya Worthless.

First note in README:

MR
    Yeah! I knew it wasn't right, but it worked.....sort of. If I told you all the other fixes I've had to resort to in CFS2, some of the original builders, including MS, would all have a collective cow. I know you are shaking your head in wonder, but I'm sure not complaining. I've had a ball trying out new scenery and AC. Sometimes it works and sometimes it's a mess. I'll never be as creative as most of the contributors here at SOH, but it's fun to tinker. I remember one of my PTO installs had a shear cliff face running right down the middle of Florida Island. I don't know how it got there. None of my other PTO's had it. So, I messed around with it and then ......poof, gone. It just wasn't there anymore. I have no idea what I did to cause it or what I did to make it disappear.
    When I first tried out "AF_PNG_PM" by Pen32win, the whole Port Moresby area was a mess. Big green blurred squares. The airbases were fine, but everything outside of it was big green squares. For a while I just lived with it. Then one day I just deleted two bgls from the scenery folder and , SHAZAM, all of the forested area was the correct texture. I knew it shouldn't work.....but it did, sort of. Maybe sometime when I run out of other things that need my attention, I'll go back and see if I can install it correctly. For now I'm on to greener pastures.

Icon22

Hiya Worthless. I echo you thoughts about on to greener pastures. Me too. ;^)

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Members who have read this thread: 1