Flysimware Mitsubishi MU-2 - Final Screenshots
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flysimware Mitsubishi MU-2 - Final Screenshots

Flysimware Mitsubishi MU-2 - Final Screenshots

We're just about at the finish line!

-Meticulously created AIR file and flight dynamics to truly simulate the MU-2's hands on feel
    -Custom coded Sperry SPZ-500 AFCS with IAS hold
    -Flight1 GTN750 Integration
    -RealityXP WX500 integration
    -Many, many custom animations
    -Custom sound set recorded from a real Mitsubishi MU-2B-60
    -FULL systems integration

Have a look:

All tucked away on the ramp! Engine inlet/exhaust covers, cockpit sun shades, pitot tube covers, etc.

TPE-331-10-511M engines with animated turbine wheels.

The front office!

Welcome aboard!

Nice! Is on my list to buy as soon as it is out. I just bought the C441 last week and am super happy with it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The plane looks really good, but I have one important remark.
    Sorry for criticizing, I mean, the quality of your 3D modelling is excellent, and the main panel in the virtual cockpit is pleasant to the eyes, but there is something that alters a bit the general quality impression: the clear parts (beige/sand and white) which cover the roof and the sides: they look like they are not textured.
    This might be a visual effect induced by the overall smoothness or simplicity of the texure, I don't know, but the result is impacting your modeling I think.

The dark texture which is used for the main panel has some "noise" which gives it some "consistency", and this is somehow missing from the clear textures on the roof.
    Perhaps, some ambiant occlusion effect would improve the perception of the 3D shapes.

Based on the video and dev's meticulous attention to detail, I am a buyer. IRL this one is a handful (check out the accident history) and has to be flown much more like a jet. I am a fool though for turboprops, particular hot ships like this one. Echo and agree with Daube' constructive comments. Also, the window tint probably should be quite a bit darker.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Along with Daube I have to say the modeling and attention to detail on your MU-2 are excellent and as soon as it's available I'll be making the purchase. . .but I must also make one criticism of the interior. If there's one thing I'll change if I'm able to it's the orange woodgrain. Very unflattering given the surrounding detail and workmanship. Otherwise. . .beautiful job and actually the cockpit video from last week sold me on the airplane before seeing anything of the remaining interior and exterior.

I can only concur with what the others have said. The modeling and the simulation of the systems looks excellent The textures, however, remind me of the good old FS2002 days.

With the assistance of an experienced texture artist your addons would be able to keep up with the best addons on the market. Which I think would also boost the sales figures

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

The Moo-2 has always been a favorite, so will purchase for sure as the Garretts and systems on the 441 are superb. It will go next to the 441 in the paint shop though

I used to service a bunch of MU-2's in the 1980's and my then boss owned an MU-2J. Of the 6 MU-2 Pilots I knew(who I regularly/daily handled their aircraft), I heard all the horror stories about the type and all 6 of those Pilots knew other Pilots who had been lost in accidents, almost all of which involved engine failures during different phases of flight. According to records, there have been over 330 fatalities involving MU-2 crashes since it's inception in 1963 (and 704 built between 1963-1986). Despite the negative safety record, the FAA/NTSB have concluded the MU-2 is a safe design if maintained properly and Pilot training standards/operating procedures for the type are carefully followed. One thing many Line Service Tech hated about the MU-2 was fueling it. I was rather ruthless in training new LST's on fueling the MU-2. I'd make them fuel it single hose/nozzle going back and forth between the left & right outboards and tip tanks. Many of them thought I was "hazing" them but when they finished the MU-2 fueling safely & successfully, I quickly pointed out they had fueled perhaps one of the most difficult to fuel aircraft you'd encounter on a flight line and certainly they would have to fuel it properly by themselves more often than not.

Regarding the interior on this model, believe it or not I saw a significant number of MU-2's that had some of the absolutely most ugly interiors I've ever seen on an aircraft. I swear, I wondered then and now if some of them were outfitted like that when they were originally built in Japan and never touched again. They looked like typical 1960's/70's mismatched color decorum (maybe to match turbulence induced puke if needed??? LOL).

Anyhow, can't wait to get my hands on this model and beat myself up a bit in Single Engine Ops.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Along with Daube I have to say the modeling and attention to detail on your MU-2 are excellent and as soon as it's available I'll be making the purchase. . .but I must also make one criticism of the interior. If there's one thing I'll change if I'm able to it's the orange woodgrain. Very unflattering given the surrounding detail and workmanship. Otherwise. . .beautiful job and actually the cockpit video from last week sold me on the airplane before seeing anything of the remaining interior and exterior.
    Well, this won't be in my hangar after all. After checking their website for any new info on a release date I see they posted the pricing, which isn't high considering the amount of work and special coding, etc, that went into it, but out of my price range. Just a product of retirement and limited income. I expect it will still be a great addition to the community and Kudos to the developers for a great job on the MU-2.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Well, this won't be in my hangar after all. After checking their website for any new info on a release date I see they posted the pricing, which isn't high considering the amount of work and special coding, etc, that went into it, but out of my price range. Just a product of retirement and limited income. I expect it will still be a great addition to the community and Kudos to the developers for a great job on the MU-2.
    If you can wait a bit...Flysimware has regular sales.

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    If you can wait a bit...Flysimware has regular sales.

Greetings
    Tim
    Yea, I'll be on the lookout for that for sure.

I haven't decided yet on purchasing and agree with the general texture detailing. While the instruments and exterior details are very good, the general blandness of the interior could be spruced up. I also noticed they are still employing the old style landing light "V" beam that has been around forever. I wish more new aircraft developers would migrate towards the lotus styled landing lights as they are more realistic.

The Milviz MU-2 is the shorter version and looks incredible in regards to their cockpit screenshots. That development has been pretty slow with all their other projects going on.
    Steve Stubbs
    USAF (retired)
    Lake Park, GA

who flys from anywhere but the VC?..why do they even need interiors?...im half joking..but really..id rather have an outstanding VC than rear seating..unless it can be totally seen..

The MU-2 is an incredibly safe aircraft in the hands of a properly trained pilot. Just like any other high performance aircraft. Its design was far ahead of its time, and the entire aircraft is over-engineered. Anybody that knows both airplanes will tell you that the only thing that's better built than a King Air, is an MU-2.

The negative rumors surrounding the airplane stem from those who simply misunderstand the airplane, or are just uninformed. Chances are, anything specific that you have heard about the MU-2 in a negative light is simply not true.

And just like the real MU-2, the Flysimware MU-2 flies fantastic on one engine. Provided you get the gear up and follow the proper procedure.

We've addressed a few of the texture issue you all have mentioned. The remaining ones will be addressed in the first service release, where we will also integrate a functioning (and visible) ground power unit, as well as the maintenance and service interval window that will help all of you MU-2 owners keep up on your maintenance!

We're getting verrrryyyy close now!

Anxiously awaiting the release...looking forward to it

It's really nice to read that our remarks are being taken into consideration by the developpers. Very appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    It's really nice to read that our remarks are being taken into consideration by the developpers. Very appreciated.

We aim to please! We are still growing and finding our way as a developer, and we value our customers input on all of our projects.

You'll all have her very soon!!

Capceo,
    I watched bman's video and was extremely impressed with the level of systems and those sounds .

But, what did strike me was the texturing, that's the one thing that has held me back with purchasing this aircraft on release day and I'm very glad that you guys have taken people's comments/suggestions to heart. I know there's the "other" Moo out there in development but who knows how long that'll come to fruition.

If you guys step back and take the time to get the textures right, that's absolutely great if the delay means more quality.

Looking forward to this one.

-Blake

Or, rather than delay the release further, you can always update the textures in a service pack later, since "perfection is a moving target"...

I strongly suspect that the key to maximizing sales with this particular release is to get it out and have it available for as long as possible to take advantage of the "vacuum" before the "other" one is released.

Just a thought...Really looking forward to this one! (And hoping for a paint kit)

Kent

I have to humbly add my two cents to the comments. I have been following your development for some time now. You make great choices in terms of which plane to model, and your dedication to systems modelling is wonderful. You've won my respect for your commitment to accuracy and detail.

The only reason I have not (yet) purchased one of your products is down to the textures. If you can raise the texture game a bit, you will certainly have my money!

It's incredibly good of you to be so responsive to customer feedback! Wishing you all the best with this release.

Just spied the product pics on FB.......I like it, an exciting add on. Now if a few videos could make it up on YT to pass the time until release

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this one as well (wearing out the F5 key, as a matter of fact...)...it will be my first Flysimware purchase. I was aware of MU-2s, always thought it was a sharp looking airplane, but this release got me to digging deeper into the airplane, and I have to say what I've learned about it has just whetted my appetite for both this release, and the "other" one in development. Really cool airplane...and if you go to You Tube and search "MU-2 PROP", you'll see a series of neat 90 second to 2 minute profiles of MU-2 owners and their airplanes. REALLY cool.

Kent

Thanks for the input everyone. We like to keep our customers involved and informed in the development of our products.

We fully recognize that our textures simply don't compete with some of the better known companies right now. Flysimware is a very small team (two of us, to be exact) and as a result, we don't have the means by which to pay a talented texture artist what he's worth. If we could get someone to work for us on commission, that would be fantastic.

I was involved with the "other" MU-2 project as well. The developer went silent on me and I never heard back from a few emails, although they were very pleasant to work with. The "other" VC didn't turn out quite as I wanted it to, or as it was supposed to. The scale of the entire cockpit is off, which is evident if you look at the size of the primary flight instruments on the pilot's side of the panel, as well as the massive empty space on the far left side of the instrument panel. Still, I'm sure it will be a fantastic release. I only wish our textures were that good!

Our texture improvements will most likely be part of a service release, because yes, perfection is a RAPIDLY moving target.
    Joe

Members who have read this thread: 2