Repairing plateaus

Thread: Repairing plateaus

Repairing plateaus

Gents,

A bit frustrated. Got most of the add ons installed but cannot get rid of the elusive plateau at Friday's Harbor field (default FSX flyover point) or the one generated at McChord field (KTCM). It was never there when I originally installed all before and now shows up. Anyway, I would like to just remove Orbx regions, Orbx Global base and FS Global 2010 FTX in hopes of removing the plateaus and reinstall them one by one to avoid the plateaus again. However, I see neither a Uninstall option in their menu or in Control Panel. I plan to do a repair option from the FSX files and leave the REX and additional after market planes installed.

Do you think I am going about this the right way or have I overlooked something? Also, if I must delete all and start over again, I will at least attempt to save the add on aircraft files and avoid that additional headache, just a bit frustrated and I know there's an abundance of KSX knowledge and wisdom.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Hi Matt,

It sounds like something is creating an elevation mismatch between your airfields and the local surrounding scenery. First, check to see that 'North America' is checked in FTX Central. I sometimes forget when I just want to get in and fly. It's easy to overlook, and the FTX regions have custom elevation in some cases. Second, go into your Scenery Library under Settings and take a look at the scenery priorities. There may be some other scenery that is overriding PNW, causing the plateaus. You'll want to make sure that the FTX regions have the higher scenery priorities, and it's fairly easy to adjust. Hopefully it's something simple to fix for you.

Also, make sure you have the latest PNW patches, just in case.

Best of luck.

Craig
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Thanks Craig. I'll play some more tonight with it. I know it has potential to look fantastic and that's absolutely my desired end state.

As for deleting any Orbx stuff, suggestions?

Matt

I've never uninstalled my Orbx sceneries so I can't suggest anything specific. You might start with the .pdf manuals that came with the sceneries to see if there is a recommended procedure. They also have a support forum on their site where you might have better luck sorting your situation out.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Matt, do you have FTX Global Vector installed ?

If so you might need to run the "FTX Global Vector Configuration Tool".
    Its under settings in "FTX Central V2".
    Click the "Airport Elevation Corrections" tab then the "Run Auto-Configuration" button.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    Matt, do you have FTX Global Vector installed ?

If so you might need to run the "FTX Global Vector Configuration Tool".
    Its under settings in "FTX Central V2".
    Click the "Airport Elevation Corrections" tab then the "Run Auto-Configuration" button.
    Thanks for the suggestion brother, but it was suggested and tried.....it only brought the entire airfield on a plateau rather than just the runways and taxi ways.

I think the best course is just to remove the Orbx installs, do a stock FSX repair and try it again. I believe the problem arose when I may have misread in the Orbx forums that you can install all the regions together and then start FSX and allow it to rebuild it's database. Lesson learned is next time I will start FSX each time to allow a slower build of the database, in hopes of avoiding the plateaus. I just wish their products would show up in the Control Panel, make it a bit easier to select and clear. Since I will be re-installing, I'm not concerned about the registry being clear of the products, in hopes of avoiding the proof of purchase steps when re-installing.

I posted the same issue on the Orbx forums and downloaded their install guide. Unfortunately the guide does not discuss removal of their products, just the various layers and their interactions and of course, installation. I appreciate, as always, the help and suggestions of this good community.

Matt

Hello Matt,
    Here's something I copied from somebody else and keep in my Orbx library. Uninstalling.......

To uninstall a FTX airport, I'll use YSCH as an example :

FIRST set FTXCentral to [Default]

- Browse to FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU (for American airports browse to FSX\ORBX\FTX_NA instead)
    - Delete the FTXAA_YSCH folder

- Browse to FSX\ORBX\Scripts
    - Delete orbx_cpl_ysch and scenerylib_AU_YSCH

- Run FTXconfigrator.exe (silent operation, it removes the scenery library entries)

Use the same guide to delete any payware FTX airport.

.................................................. ..

I'll use WLS as an example

FIRST set FTXCentral to [Default]

1 - Browse to FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU
    - Delete the 4 x WLS titled folders:
    FTX_EU_WLS_05_SCENERY
    FTX_EU_WLS_06_CVX
    FTX_EU_WLS_07_MESH
    FTX_EU_WLS_08_CUSTOM

2 - Browse to FSX\ORBX\Scripts
    - Delete scenerylib_EU_WLS
    - Run FTXconfigurator.exe (silent operation, it removes the scenery library entries)

3 - Browse to FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery
    - Delete all the "WLS" titled files

Use the same guide to delete any Europe FTX regions

.................................................. ........

Members who have read this thread: 1