ALS-Sim Flanker Problem

Thread: ALS-Sim Flanker Problem

ALS-Sim Flanker Problem

I think this problem has been posted here before, but I'm unable to find it and the solution.

When I select the Flanker to fly, it looks fine in the selection window. Then once I've selected it and end up back in the window where you select everything else for your flight it turns invisible (the external model) and stays that way as I launch the sim. It also creates all kinds of problems like it isn't operating correctly. I did check to make sure my license is in the correct location and that I have the correct .dll's in the FSX root folder and that's fine.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Thanks.

Sundog, it's part of the anti-piracy security built into the model. I would uninstall and reinstall it and see if that clears things up. If not, I'd contact Mark at ALS-Sim directly and see if he can help sort it out.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you´re using windows 8 forget it. It doesn´t work at all. The same problem with all eaglesoft and leveld planes. The DRM (not the plane) does not like win8. And by drm authors, it´s win8 fault.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

I'm win7, so it should work.

Thanks Storm, I'll try a re-install.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    I'm win7, so it should work.

Thanks Storm, I'll try a re-install.
    Sundog, I am on win7x64 and no issues with the Flanker. When you go through the re-install process, make sure the original and it's components are completely uninstalled. Also of note(an option), when I got my new computer, I went ahead and got a new key from the Flight1 system and reactivated the order number just to be on the safe side.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you´re using windows 8 forget it. It doesn´t work at all. The same problem with all eaglesoft and leveld planes. The DRM (not the plane) does not like win8. And by drm authors, it´s win8 fault.
    So if the DRM is because of the anal way things are handled inside "Program Files (x86)" on Win8 would installing FSX in the root (C:/FSX/) solve the issue?

Mine used to work fine, but after a couple months of not flying it, it does the same as the OP's is doing.

Just for everyone's reference, I'm quite sure of what caused it on my end, as all of my F1 wrapper aircraft have problems. My original boot up HD was dying so I cloned it to a new SSD. I'll just have to uninstall them and re-install them as Storm noted.

Members who have read this thread: 0