Alert: Payware hosted illegally

Thread: Alert: Payware hosted illegally

Alert: Payware hosted illegally

Already received the go-ahead from a mod here to post this advisory:

The Avsimrus.com/Avsim.su (Russian Avsim) FSX aircraft file library is illegally hosting two payware products at the time of this writing. (April 12, 2015)
    They are the ALS-Sim/Flight1 Su-27 Flanker by Mark Harper, and the Alphasim/Virtavia Tu-160 "Blackjack".

Please be advised that if you are perusing their library, these two files are still payware for sale through Flight1 and Simmarket respectively.

Thank you.

Can you please provide links. I'll contact the webmaster and have them pulled. Have done it so many times I'm surprised we're not on a first name basis by now. But it helps if I can point to the exact file. PM me if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Can you please provide links. I'll contact the webmaster and have them pulled. Have done it so many times I'm surprised we're not on a first name basis by now. But it helps if I can point to the exact file. PM me if you like.
    PM Sent. I would encourage others reading this thread to avoid posting direct links to the files. Thanks.

I've contacted the admin there. Based on the number of downloads and what they are currently selling for Mark Harper is out about $19,000 in possible
    lost revenue for the Flanker and Alphasim/Virtavia is out about $17,960 for the Tu-160. That sucks and kind of takes the wind out of developer's sails.

Bump

Found both. Looks like they're up still. I have that SU-27 on my wishlist at PCAviator. Anyone know of a better one?
    Be yourself by yourself, stay away from me

Pantera

The Alphasim Tu-22M3 is also still up at the Russian Avsim site. Granted it's an older model, but AFAIK, it isn't freeware.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    The Alphasim Tu-22M3 is also still up at the Russian Avsim site. Granted it's an older model, but AFAIK, it isn't freeware.

BB686
    Thanks. I'll check it out.

Members who have read this thread: 2