oscillating Bloch

Thread: oscillating Bloch

oscillating Bloch

The French Blochs posted by dewoitine,to be found in the french skin section,do not offer a stable gun platform.
    They oscillate,so when attempting to target an opponent I cannot keep my reticule on it. The same thing when straffing low to the ground the plane crashes on the ground. Even with Auto rudder on.
    Can it be fixed in order to stabilize the aircraft?

I tried it out and didn't find it to be too bad.

I generally only run into Pilot Induced Oscillation (PIO) if my joystick is out of calibration.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Some up elevator trim seems to help, but the ailerons are twitchy if you don't keep a firm hand on the stick.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Soved the problem by reloading the appdata file.

I was doing some additional messing around with this and discovered that the centering spring effect had not been enabled in my force feedback joystick all these years I've been using CFS3 on my current computer. Not having it enabled made the stick forces very light and responsive, but led to more of a tendency to slip into wild control oscillations if I didn't fly carefully. (I thought it was just because I had the realism settings on Hard) Now when I have it turned it on there is a general improvement in flight stability. There's also an effect strength adjustment, and at the max level the controls became quite heavy and it's actually a bit of a workout to do a lot of extreme combat maneuvers because the stick pushes back against you.

Probably not news to those of you using Force Feedback sticks, but it changes the experience more than I would have thought.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Members who have read this thread: 0