Paul's "Bad" Duck glass in Dx10

Thread: Paul's "Bad" Duck glass in Dx10

Paul's "Bad" Duck glass in Dx10

You might remember that in Dx10 the canopy glass was invisible. Well I asked Steve if he would have a look see and true to form he came back with an answer!

"You can fix it by going into debug (in Steve's Fixer) and disabling DX9 Style Alpha Func in the 2nd column. That may mean that a very few sceneries don't work - but the only one I can actually recall is an Irish freeware airport."

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I'm confused about this problem. When I first heard about it I turned on the DX10 Preview on my system and I still had visible glass. dvj first pointed it out to me and he ran some tests that just confused me even more. I asked him to take Dino's glass texture from his F14-D which he does see and try it on my duck. He didn't see the glass so I assumed it had to be in the model but when he tried my texture on Dino's Tomcat he still didn't see the glass so that would mean it is a texture problem. Maybe it's a double whammy with problems in both texture and model. There is a difference in my alpha channel (RGB 128) and Dino's (RGB 154) and I have Z-Test Alpha, Final Alpha Blend and Z-Write Alpha set in the FSXMaterial for the glass. If someone can give me a clue how to fix it I'll include the fix in my next release.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    That fixed the glass. ;-)
    I want to see a new post like the one you made in the "FSX Screenshots Here" thread.....please, I love that picture.

Hi Paul,

the thread with all the tech stuff is here at Avsim.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/465842-...-window-glass/
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post
    I want to see a new post like the one you made in the "FSX Screenshots Here" thread.....please, I love that picture.

That's a lovely shot. The glass sure looks fixed too

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Hi Paul,

the thread with all the tech stuff is here at Avsim.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/465842-...-window-glass/
    Thanks Roger, I posted on the thread. Steve confirmed what I suspected was the problem. I will correct this for my next release. The only thing that still has me bugged is why do I see the glass in DX10 Preview?

dvj, thanks for those great pictures! I'm adding them to my desktop wallpaper. Also thanks for the testing you did on the glass problem since it pointed me in the right direction through your process of elimination.

The various screenshots posted by Dvj are showing this Duck in quite a beautiful way !

I haven't downloaded this model yet. Could anybody make a small summary of the current "path" to follow to get a fully up-to-date model ?
    Is it just about downloading the original archive, or is there any additional patches/repaints to apply later on ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    The various screenshots posted by Dvj are showing this Duck in quite a beautiful way !

I haven't downloaded this model yet. Could anybody make a small summary of the current "path" to follow to get a fully up-to-date model ?
    Is it just about downloading the original archive, or is there any additional patches/repaints to apply later on ?
    While I am working on an update for the duck it is still the same post that is available. There is a second post for the "Murphy's War" model but requires the original "Bad Duck". Be sure to download the fix for the -6 model as stated on the "Bad Duck" download page. The beautiful paint jobs are the work of JanKees so grab them because I'm not that great of a texture artist. The "Murphy's War" model comes with JanKees paint included.

The models are in the Warbirds Library under FSX Aircraft, FSX Military Props. There are only three pages so you will find them easily.
    JanKees paint can be found here http://aussiex.org/forum/ Go to the paint downloads and most recent then scroll down.

Ah ok, I understand.
    Indeed the instructions on the download page are clear. Thanks a lot !

Members who have read this thread: 0