VS_F9F-5P Aluminum.zip

Thread: VS_F9F-5P Aluminum.zip

VS_F9F-5P Aluminum.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military skins - Korean era

Description: You need the Payware Vertigo Studios F9F in order for this texture set to work!

I plan on switching to P3D, however this scheme was NOT tested in it, and so your mileage may vary if you use it in P3D! It was designed specifically for FSXA.

I have attempted to create a fictional Bare Metal scheme. The Wings are slightly less polished than the fuselage as was frequently the case with many non-fiction bare metal USAF finishes. The Aluminum Clad layer which gives the polish is scratched and shows lines from metal grain and scratches, although it's still fairly shiny.

Thank you! Enjoy.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit VS_F9F-5P Aluminum.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Rick....downloading now.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

My pleasure! I hope you like it. There may end up being some small issues...if so let me know I'll put out an update. Make sure to use an alternate Envmap like the one by Rob Rivera for best results.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Blog Entries
    That particular envelope map is actually my default...lol.

I've never liked the original FSX/P3D, so I pop that one into the main texture folder every time I install the sim. The Panther responds very nicely to that map.

I flew it a bit this AM and really liked it. That particular plane already has a nice feel in the cockpit. The buffed skin finishes it out beautifully. I had done an entire set of skins with super detailed wear etc., but I lost the entire set when the HD got zapped by an industrial strength bug a few months ago. I lost about two years of paint kit development, covering about 40 aircraft...including the MV Red Bull P-38, which I put a SL of time into.

The Panther was on my list of things to do, but I'm so busy working on the new product line I'll never realistically create the time to re-do any paint kits.

Yours is mucho appreciated...Thank you.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

I know this is a year old now but I just re-installed the F9F since the v1.2 beta testing in 2012.

Still a beautiful aircraft and a very worthy rendering by Vertigo Studios so decided to scan the
    threads to see what I've missed. Thanks for this bare metal scheme.

No problem! I really like this bird. I hope i can get my key back since pcsimstore closed. Lucky i still have it installed! Glad you like it. I really like this one in all metal!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Very nice indeed and it's refreshing to see a bare metal finish that is real, not 'chromium plated'!
    Kudos.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Thanks Wombat. Hope you enjoy flying it around!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 1