Have You Noticed - GMax Ships - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have You Noticed - GMax Ships

SOH-CM-2020
    That looks terrific! Can't help on the damage boxes, will have to wait for the sun to circle the earth a bit so that other people see this thread

Version 1 ready

HMS Biter is ready for testing. It currently has only one LOD. This is just to see if it works. I'm working the next four nights, so it won't be until Wednesday before I'm able to work on it again.

It still needs the .xdp file.

A few things to note: The model has 38 damage boxes. I can give you a list of what is with what. I looked through a xpd. I'm not sure how it links the boxes to the parts.

If anyone would like to test it out please send me a PM.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

I'm not sure how it links the boxes to the parts.
    in the xdp the parts within the damage box are listed . from the cargo ship

<DamageBoxes>
    <Box ID="damagebox_nose" Parent="damagebox_nose">
    <BoxMap SystemID="engine_one" Probability="96" Points="25000"/>
    <BoxMap SystemID="left_cheek_gun" Probability="1" Points="100"/>
    <BoxMap SystemID="right_cheek_gun" Probability="1" Points="100"/>
    <BoxMap SystemID="left_waist_gun" Probability="1" Points="100"/>
    <BoxMap SystemID="right_waist_gun" Probability="1" Points="100"/>
    </Box>
    </DamageBoxes>

if you named your gmax damage boxes "damagebox_nose_0" , "damagebox_nose_1" etc. then they should work.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsbolt View Post
    in the xdp the parts within the damage box are listed . from the cargo ship

<DamageBoxes>
    <Box ID="damagebox_nose" Parent="damagebox_nose">
    <BoxMap SystemID="engine_one" Probability="96" Points="25000"/>
    <BoxMap SystemID="left_cheek_gun" Probability="1" Points="100"/>
    <BoxMap SystemID="right_cheek_gun" Probability="1" Points="100"/>
    <BoxMap SystemID="left_waist_gun" Probability="1" Points="100"/>
    <BoxMap SystemID="right_waist_gun" Probability="1" Points="100"/>
    </Box>
    </DamageBoxes>

if you named your gmax damage boxes "damagebox_nose_0" , "damagebox_nose_1" etc. then they should work.
    first box is "damagebox_nose_01" I think. I'd have to look again. they go 1-38.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I has been so long since I took off from a carrier I forgot how to??
    RATS! messy takeoffs
    ETO 1.50
    HMS Biter. And she looks great!!
    MORE REJOICING!!
    Will get my take offs' practice in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HMS Biter 001.jpg   HMS Biter 002.jpg  

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Yea!!
    Setting up take off's in missions too much fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Biter 001.jpg   Biter 002.jpg   Biter 003.jpg   Biter 004.jpg   Biter 005.jpg   Biter 006.jpg  

first box is "damagebox_nose_01" I think. I'd have to look again. they go 1-38.
    thats fine, suffix number doesnt really matter. only problem is this creates one big compound damagebox. might be possible to have separate damageboxes that contain separate systems like the aircraft in game. i think you would have to use the aircraft box names "damagebox_fuselage" etc. not sure if you are looking for that kind of detail or if its possible in cfs3.

Up next...

So I now have my copy of CFS3.

I'm going to work on a few Cruisers next. One French and one Japanese.

I should have the Biter finished tonite. I still need a damage texture. Who are the painters for CFS3? Every model will need one. I'm not the best at it nor the fastest.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    So I now have my copy of CFS3.

I'm going to work on a few Cruisers next. One French and one Japanese.

I should have the Biter finished tonite. I still need a damage texture. Who are the painters for CFS3? Every model will need one. I'm not the best at it nor the fastest.
    Clive (Pat Pattle) OR Andy (Major Magee) might be able to help with this perhaps??
    Testing the HMS Biter, Only thing I have seen is the left stack has no smoke..
    Developing a attack mission with a Ju88 to test the Guns.
    Onward and Upward.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Test 001.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by HouseHobbit View Post
    Clive (Pat Pattle) OR Andy (Major Magee) might be able to help with this perhaps??
    Testing the HMS Biter, Only thing I have seen is the left stack has no smoke..
    Developing a attack mission with a Ju88 to test the Guns.
    Onward and Upward.
    I'm going to send you version1.01. this will have the Multi_LODs and some minor corrections. The .xpd must not list the second stack. can we change the smoke to a smaller effect. maybe if I make the emitter smaller.

Check your email HouseHobbit.

UPDATE:
    Email sent. Replace everything with the new one. I did some work on the stacks. can we us effects from CFS2? If so I'd like to use one of those. That smoke is too think and dark for a carrier.

Once I have damage textures I will upload the whole thing.
    Last edited by Blood_Hawk23; April 22nd, 2015 at 15:27.

IJN Myoko and La Galissonniere Cruisers...

With regards to the Myoko class cruiser, which year would you prefer? 1941 or 1944.

Also which year would you like for the La Galissonniere Cruisers? 1939 or 1944.

They are both prepped for dry dock. LOL

Just need to know which year for those wishing to do missions. Maybe later I can come back to the other years.

Looks good guys, nice to see it. Any plans to do a dropping deck version that can be landed on? Check out some of the carriers we already have to see what I mean. Basically the closest LOD has the deck at water level and at farther LODs the deck is progressively brought up to its full height so it looks normal the majority of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Looks good guys, nice to see it. Any plans to do a dropping deck version that can be landed on? Check out some of the carriers we already have to see what I mean. Basically the closest LOD has the deck at water level and at farther LODs the deck is progressively brought up to its full height so it looks normal the majority of the time.

I can send you a copy to play with. I'm not modifing Stuart's originals. Just converting them. Actually If I send it to you could you see why only one side of the stacks are smoking.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    With regards to the Myoko class cruiser, which year would you prefer? 1941 or 1944.

Also which year would you like for the La Galissonniere Cruisers? 1939 or 1944.

They are both prepped for dry dock. LOL

Just need to know which year for those wishing to do missions. Maybe later I can come back to the other years.
    The IJN Myoko in 1944..

Same for the La Galissonnere 1944..

Oh Yea SHIPS! I can build some missions with a proper fleet to use .. Thanks..

SOH-CM-2020
    Just had a look at the Biter. Been away this week.

I've had a go at making a 4in gun meeting the relevant specs, also a corresponding round for the Weapons folder.

Also the xdp needed a few edits.

Just reporting to avoid any overlap of effort.

two smoking chimneys ...

I just posted in Blood Hawk23 file (xpd) modified to have both smoking chimneys ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    We have smoke,
    Thanks../Brundu 841
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails biter test 006.jpg  

We have smoke,
    Thanks../Brundu 841
    Excellent!!!

Brundu,

Thank you.

Daiwilletti,

I'll send everything to you. So that it all can be finailized.

House Hobbit,

Could you send me a copy of your test mission. I'd like to fly around the ship and see if I missed anything.

I'm now working on the French Galissonniere class cruisers and the Japanese Myoko class cruisers. Dombral has granted me permission to use his textures for the French ships. Hopfully someone can help with some damage textures to go with them. Damage textures are the last bit that will be needed for all of the ships.

I hope in the next day or two to have HMS Biter uploaded.

Oh, one last thing. Can we add new effects? I don't like how dark that smoke is. It makes her look like a coal burner.

'till Later,
    John

Congratulations to all for the HMS Biter ! a formidable team to work ... a future for CFS3 and especially an evolution ..... for Galissonière, it will change its name, as montcalm or Georges Leygues ... it is the same class (sistership) ; because Galissonière was scuttled in Toulon November 27, 1942

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    John,
    you have e-mail found a issue with the damage textures with the HMS Biter..

No problem on the name change. Its actually better because La_Galissonière_LOD_100 is a bit too long for Gmax. Dombral did textures for both the Montcalm and Georges Leygues. So you'll probably get both.

I've been doing some research on ships names and prefixes. It seems that French ships don't use them. Its just the ships name that is used. As I've told Daiwilletti, I like things to be as historically correct as possible. So even little things like this I try to get information on.

I'll get the gun data real soon.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Brundu841

I sent e-mail concerning the French ships to you.
    Hobbit

Brundu841

I sent e-mail concerning the French ships to you.
    Hobbit
    Got your email. I'm working on the textures. I have to do a few things then I'll send them to you.

HMS Biter V1.02

Hey all,

OK an new version has been sent out for testing. Hopefully this will fix the damage texture issues. Let me know if you see anything.

HouseHobbit,

I hope the guns function properly. This version includes the gun and weapon files. You might want those. Once Daiwilletti has finished the combined version of his and Brundu841's .xdp I'll get that off to you as well.

'til Later,
    John

Tom,

I have a question on the guns. Do they need to be animated?

David has been testing the ship and said that the guns are only firing horizontally. Other than putting the tags in they are not animated.

What would be the best way to do it if that is whats needed?

What is the time for CFS3? I believe CFS2 animations are 0-100. Is it the same for CFS3? Or is it 0 -200.

Next should I do the gun#l_r first or the gun#fore_aft? Should they be in quarter increments or half?

I can send you a copy of the model if it would help.

'til Later,
    John

Members who have read this thread: 1