HU! Dh 84 Dragon

Thread: HU! Dh 84 Dragon

HU! Dh 84 Dragon

At flightsim.com, by Dave Molyneaux and friends.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....d_h_dragon.zip

Ttfn

Pete
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; April 6th, 2015 at 15:30.

A very sweet old girl. Thank you, Dave and co.

Cheers,
    Maarten

She looks great and is a lot of fun to fly.

Brian

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Nice looking aircraft. Downloaded it and the FSX update but that is where my joy ended. I installed it into P3D V2.5 and added the FSX cfg file but fount that the switches do not work. I installed it into my bare bones FSX and it works fine. Maybe some with some aircraft design experience may be allowed to convert the mdl file using the P3D V2.5 SDK.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Nice looking aircraft. Downloaded it and the FSX update but that is where my joy ended. I installed it into P3D V2.5 and added the FSX cfg file but fount that the switches do not work. I installed it into my bare bones FSX and it works fine. Maybe some with some aircraft design experience may be allowed to convert the mdl file using the P3D V2.5 SDK.
    [Rant mode] Not wishing to sound negative, but it's a model designed for fs9, as it says in the descriptions.
    We who are still using 9 don't go whinging when an fsx aeroplane doesn't work in 9, so why does everyone
    think it's ok to whinging at a developer who didn't develop the model for their X / p3d [/Rant mode]

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    [Rant mode] Not wishing to sound negative, but it's a model designed for fs9, as it says in the descriptions.
    We who are still using 9 don't go whinging when an fsx aeroplane doesn't work in 9, so why does everyone
    think it's ok to whinging at a developer who didn't develop the model for their X / p3d [/Rant mode]

Ttfn

Pete
    Well said Pete!

HU! Dh 84 Dragon

Hallo,

at first thanks to David for this nice "girl".
    As I have any knowledge about aircraft design for FS I wonder where are the differencies to make a model for FS2004,
    FSX or prepar3d?
    I still use FS2004 as my old pc would not accept FSX.
    A lot of fine models exist for the two later sims and I am a bit sad not to can use them on my olf fs9.
    A lot of repaints , for example Manfred Jahn's C-47 done for FSX can be reconverted to use on the FS2004 model.
    So wouldn't be possible to "back convert" models done for FSX?
    Or is it so complicated for the designers to make models for this older sim?

Happy landings
    Yours
    Michael "Papi" Vader

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post

Ttfn

Pete
    Pete, it was not a whinge. It was basically a question that if someone asked Dave whether he would give permission to run it through the P3D SDK. If he says no I can live with that. I have quite a few aircraft that began their lives as FS9 aircraft and have been converted to also be compatible with both FSX and P3d. An example that comes to mind are the several of Milton Shupe's aircraft that have had the treatment and work perfect in both FSX an P3D.

Also I am an Aussie not a Pom so I don't whinge.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Michael..

The model is FS9 native so you'll have no problems at all. It works fine in FSX but it is an FS9 model
    ATB
    DaveB

Thanks, Dave (and company)!

Been flying the DH.84 in Tanzania for the past couple of days...sweet

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Maybe some with some aircraft design experience may be allowed to convert the mdl file using the P3D V2.5 SDK.
    You need the source file for that.

I wonder where is Mr. Watson, i really would love to see paints for Iolar and Riama

Have uploaded five paints for the Dragon to FlightSim.com. Hopefully they will be available tomorrow. There are separate uploads for FS9 and FSX.

Peter Watkins
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20165375.jpg  

The other four!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11829353.jpg   15195979.jpg   15450931.jpg   34692032.jpg  

Thank You Mr. Watkins, though still not up at flightsim, those screenshots look really appetizing

Quote Originally Posted by kikas View Post

Thank You Mr. Watkins, though still not up at flightsim, those screenshots look really appetizing
    They are now available at FlightSim.com!

Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for these superb paints. As usual highest quality!

Cheers,
    Maarten

Another donation! Pre-War Austrian civilian this time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 16706318.jpg  

OK. For those who wish to fly the Dragon in Africa, a Rhodesia and Nyasaland Airways example VP-YBY. This will probably be my last Dragon paint for a while.

Peter W
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 28328892.jpg  

Some stirling work there Peter - well-done
    Cheers
    Dave M(oly)

Quote Originally Posted by molyned View Post
    Some stirling work there Peter - well-done
    Cheers
    Dave M(oly)
    Couldn't paint without the canvas you provide Dave! Looking forward to the Avian.

Charter Member 2015
    Thanks for these paints, Peter...especially for EI-ABI. I was lucky to have flown in the real thing a few years back so it'll be great to relive that flight in FS.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Members who have read this thread: 3