SaitekX52 Problems

Thread: SaitekX52 Problems

Icon28 SaitekX52 Problems

I did some spring cleaning on my rig, gave it a good cleaning inside and out. Got it all back together and everything works fine except my joystick and throttle. I have a Saitek X52 (not a "Pro" model), no matter which USB port I plug it into I get a USB device not recognized, and the MFD on the throttle light blinks and goes out. I have deleted Saitek drivers and all related programing software, tested my USB ports with other devices, all work fine. I downloaded the latest drivers (for X52 not X52Pro) and performed a clean install. Everything goes fine until I come to the "plug in device" in the install and I get the same "USB device not recognized. Anyone got any suggestions ? This stick is a few years old and I hate the idea of spending another $200.00 on a Joystick/Throttle combo.
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Prolly the USB plug, or a short in the cord from the Saitek X52 itself, if everything else works. Be sure the controller cord that connects the throttle to the stick is plugged in securely.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

The X52 is certainly fragile. Mine was working fine until I plugged it into a brand new PC. Every LED started blinking and it would not function. Now it won't work in any PC. But the old backup Logitech plugged into that same PC works fine.

Terry
    The X52 is certainly fragile. Mine was working fine until I plugged it into a brand new PC. Every LED started blinking and it would not function. Now it won't work in any PC. But the old backup Logitech plugged into that same PC works fine.
    Yea it was the same thing with the old SaitekX45 that the X52 replaced. I've been looking at a SaitekX52 Pro , but have been hearing bad things about Saitek's quality lately, thinking about just going to a Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X. The price is right on the Thrustmaster. I could swallow had and get the X52 Pro, but hate to pay close to $200.00 for an iffy stick.
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Members who have read this thread: 1