Been working on a Aluminum Texture color
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Been working on a Aluminum Texture color

Been working on a Aluminum Texture color

Very Very early test. Completely new color and texture I'm trying out for aircraft aluminum. What do you think? Don't worry about the reflection so much as the color and little scratches etc. Is is ok?

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Nice! Can't wait to see the final version(s)!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Petal the Metal Rick

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Very Very early test. Completely new color and texture I'm trying out for aircraft aluminum. What do you think? Don't worry about the reflection so much as the color and little scratches etc. Is is ok?

Is it OK? No. It is not OK. It is AMAZING !
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Hell yes !!
    However, it's a bit too much reflective like that. I would reduce the reflection power a tiny bit. Like, only 5 or 10% less, see what I mean ? To keep these nice reflections (chrome effect) but to avoid have a real mirror.

Indeed very nice!

Could you lower the reflectivity so we can have a bit better look at the texture? It looks very nice now, but a bit too blue I think. The blue could be from the environment map though.
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

color looks good to me, but as said before, a bit too shiny
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Looks excellent to me. Question though whether on something like this peoples' mileage will vary significantly due to different machine specs/settings?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Blog Entries
    From what I can see in the screen cap it looks like you are very close. Leaving the reflection value out of the analysis of course.

The deep black on the upper surface is very convincing. The trick is balancing the spec values in relation to the cube map. It looks good.

The bump alpha/spec alpha look exceptional. Without seeing the aircraft in motion it's always difficult to tell.

It's a bit hard to perceive your weathering because of the shine, but it appears that your foundation should produce a good end result. The magic is always in the texture art, hand painting the panel wear rather than using noise in the spec layer is the best approach. IMHO

Looks like a really good start. Beautiful.
    Last edited by gman5250; April 1st, 2015 at 04:38.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Too much reflection...Agreed. I just threw an alpha at it to get it in sim...I will reduce it..Ok sounds like color is good Gman is correct. Lots to do. Fiction is good!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Now that has come up extremely well

This is getting extremely close to "photorealistic". Especially on the second shot

EDIT: just to be sure, this is the Vertigo Panther, right ? I haven't bought it.... yet...

Vertigo Studios F9F. Thank you. Getting closer. Applied to a stock paint, as to not reinvent the wheel.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Thanks for the info This plane is getting a 40% discount at pcaviator for Easter sales. I think I'm going to pick it up.

Applied to a stock paint, as to not reinvent the wheel.
    Would that mean that any repaint from that plane could benefit from these improvements just by copying a few files over ?

Unfortunately no. It's cutom made to the specific paint. But the template I made can be applied with minimal work.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Looking really nice Rick!
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Had my eye on the Panther for some time but couldn't decide if it was 'me' or not. Last time it was in a sale, I ended up getting the Razbam Banshee instead!!! This paint however has prompted me to grab a copy and I'm glad I did. It's a lovely carrier model.. nice gentle flight dynamics and you can see the carrier without having to fiddle around with the eyepoint

You'd better release this paint now Rick

ATB
    DaveB

Oh WOW!! Can't wait to see what it looks like in P3D!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Oh WOW!! Can't wait to see what it looks like in P3D!!!
    Most Likely I will have to redo it. P3D and FSX handle alpha channel slightly differently. Depending on how much reflection is allowed by the model, from what I've read around. There are a few models I've found that have virtually no difference between fsx and P3D though. A certain Milviz model works equally well for example while the Glowing heat model requires a complete redo of my polished aluminum paint. It needs to be darker alpha. But in will test it in P3D.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 2