Vertigo Studios T-33A - Feature Requests
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vertigo Studios T-33A - Feature Requests

Vertigo Studios T-33A - Feature Requests

Good-day,

Systems coding, and flight modeling is under R&D right now for the T-33A. Please post what you would like to see here.
    Maybe there's a specific feature, or item that you would like to see included? We'll consider all opinions and comments.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    Good-day,

Systems coding, and flight modeling is under R&D right now for the T-33A. Please post what you would like to see here.
    Maybe there's a specific feature, or item that you would like to see included? We'll consider all opinions and comments.

- Joseph
    Might as well get it over with -- VRS TacPack.

And since there was a world of operators, a user friendly paint kit that doesn't require the latest Photoshop to use.

I'd like a simplified version where no complex tasks have to be done in order to fly it.

Jose.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Might as well get it over with -- VRS TacPack.

And since there was a world of operators, a user friendly paint kit that doesn't require the latest Photoshop to use.
    Consider it done.
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

1. Engine limitations. Hot starts possible. Overheat etc.
    2. Compressability effects at sub-transonic flight.
    3. the option to switch Period helmets. Since it was used for so long by so many operators it would be amazing to switch out the helmets to match the period. vintage through modern (90's era).
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    3. the option to switch Period helmets. Since it was used for so long by so many operators it would be amazing to switch out the helmets to match the period. vintage through modern (90's era).
    Noted. I'm with you 100% on these items.
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Good-day,

- Joseph
    The ability to smoke in the cockpit and use the relief tube in virtual reality.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    The ability to smoke in the cockpit and use the relief tube in virtual reality.
    The 'relief' tube I can go with BUT no smoking !!! Your in an airplane that's capable of flying above FL120 therefore you will have' that good ole pure hospital oxigen (sp)" installed !! Unless you and the airplane want to become 'one' at some point - NO SMOKING !!!!

Bill

Edit: Hell, I was commenting as a pilot - I forgot you won't be leaving your chair !!!!!! lol

Cool! Glad it made the cut! (if possible!) Really looking forward to this one from you guys. The Historic Flight Foundation here at Paine field KPAE is planning to restore one to flyable condition.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Noted. I'm with you 100% on these items.
    Anyway to make a jump in and fly mode? No complex, just for fun flying?

Also, on shut down pilots go away....red tags show up, helmets perched on sills and edge of forward wind screen when canopy open?

Also, the centerline baggage pod for later units that flew it in the ADC.

Under wing fuel tanks.

shows what I mean about the helmet

shows under wing tanks

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Anyway to make a jump in and fly mode? No complex, just for fun flying?

Also, on shut down pilots go away....red tags show up, helmets perched on sills and edge of forward wind screen when canopy open?

Also, the centerline ECM blister for later units that flew it in the ADC.

Under wing fuel tanks.

Excellent recommendations...

An option to just jump in/fly is being considered.. 'Turning off' complex systems programming, so to speak.
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

How about a reconnaissance variant of the T-33A, the RT-33A with forward folding nose, exposing the camera bay. With animation of the camera cart next to aircraft.

Blog Entries
    Absolutely ESSENTIAL!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Question

"3. the option to switch Period helmets. Since it was used for so long by so many operators it would be amazing to switch out the helmets to match the period. vintage through modern (90's era)."

TOTALLY agree, and I've been talking to Dino about that possibility for the last three years (my candidates to Dino were the P-4 [1950s/early 60s], HGU-2P [1962-1986], and HGU-55P [1987-present-ish]). Unfortunately, Dino tells me he is limited to one helmet. I told him my vote is for the HGU-2P, if limited to one, as it covers the longest period of the T-33's service (1962-1985/86).

Also, I've asked for a travel pod...sounds promising.

This bird is gonna be great!

Kent

In regards to helmet selections, this would be quite easy to introduce, where a status panel would simply allow the user to select his preference, and it would be an instant change.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Joseph...Go for it! FYI, I shipped pics of all three of those helmets to Deano in the last 24 hours, so he's got 'em. Helmet selection would be AWESOME!

Kent

Blog Entries
    How about a single seat option.....
    And Removable tip tanks

SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by trucker17 View Post
    How about a single seat option.....
    And Removable tip tanks

Regarding Tip tanks, I think you are comparing F-80 and T-33. Were the T-33 tip tanks ever removable?

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Regarding Tip tanks, I think you are comparing F-80 and T-33. Were the T-33 tip tanks ever removable?

Yes and early T-33s carried the under wingtip fuel tanks also like the P-80 had

tailhook...? fer the Navy and whatnot
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    "3. the option to switch Period helmets. Since it was used for so long by so many operators it would be amazing to switch out the helmets to match the period. vintage through modern (90's era)."

TOTALLY agree, and I've been talking to Dino about that possibility for the last three years (my candidates to Dino were the P-4 [1950s/early 60s], HGU-2P [1962-1986], and HGU-55P [1987-present-ish]). Unfortunately, Dino tells me he is limited to one helmet. I told him my vote is for the HGU-2P, if limited to one, as it covers the longest period of the T-33's service (1962-1985/86).
    Right on, Kent. If only one helmet HGU-2/P good choice. Still, in my aviation book the P series flight helmet belongs to the T-33 like wings belong to a bird.

Here's a couple of T-33 drivers during the 50's and early 60's :

And please give them pilots a natural, relaxed stance, like the're enjoying the flight. Not like a stiff plank with their helmets smack dabb to the headrest, scared to death, ready to eject... ;-)

Hand on the windscreen frame during taxi ?.....

( well, you asked what i'd like to see, Joseph.... ;-)

Engine limitations. Well said.
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Really good thread so far guys..keep it up. We're listening.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    I don't mind so much about the photoshop version, I would even be happy with just a white texture Carenado style, but I worry more about the layout, so make it userfiendly without for example having the fuselage being cut up in lots of bits and pieces and strange distortions etc.
    Look at A2A for good layout, Aerosoft Twin Otter for bad layout.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Great thread! Just my 50 cents:

- A simple loadout configurator for non Tacpack users (or at least the option to configure loadouts by adjusting FSX Payload Manager station weight values).
    - Make it network multiplayer friendly, meaning the code does not generate looping key events which cause network packet flooding.

Members who have read this thread: 3