Ok new question about a new PC

Thread: Ok new question about a new PC

Ok new question about a new PC

ok i want to thank everyone whos given me answers in the other threads ,
    but heres my newest "will it work?" question,

dell cheapy.it has an AMD 3.6 ghz processor,8mgs of ram,a 256 something video "on board" ,and a 250w power supply.i can order this today,and when it gets here,,swap out the power supply with mine which is a 750w ( i know i said it was a 700w but ive looked and its 750w's...reason i thought of swapping the power supply out is..this new PC has PCIe slots which will allow me to install my ATI 1gb video card..

what do you guys think?..i have until friday to make my mind up and i really want your input...i dont have money but this purchase is avalible to me with a 450 dollar credit..the unit as is is 399.00

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    ok i want to thank everyone whos given me answers in the other threads ,
    but heres my newest "will it work?" question,

dell cheapy.it has an AMD 3.6 ghz processor,8mgs of ram,a 256 something video "on board" ,and a 250w power supply.i can order this today,and when it gets here,,swap out the power supply with mine which is a 750w ( i know i said it was a 700w but ive looked and its 750w's...reason i thought of swapping the power supply out is..this new PC has PCIe slots which will allow me to install my ATI 1gb video card..

what do you guys think?..i have until friday to make my mind up and i really want your input...i dont have money but this purchase is avalible to me with a 450 dollar credit..the unit as is is 399.00
    So eventually, you will get AMD 3.6 ghz processor,8mgs of ram, 1GB ATI video card, 700w power supply? Sounds good to me, but one major importance is the 'bit' the GPU has. A 1GB GPU with 256 bit will easily outperform a 2GB GPU with 128 bit. The bigger the bit is, the faster it processes. cmiiw.

I believe your ATI Gpu is DX11 supported, because a particluar DX11 feature in a particular addon doesn't work with DX9/DX10 GPU although a developer may state the feature does work in both DX10 and DX11. Learn my lesson
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Sorry Dave, it will not work.

Integrated graphics card = crap for FSX/P3D. 1 Gb GFX card isn't helping either. And whatever way you put it, Nvidia is king when it comes to games and sims.

Can you provide us with a link to the product?

Johan

Dave - you have to consider the possibility that your vid card may not fit in the Dell case...

The very first PC I bought was a Dell and I expected to be able to upgrade it without any trouble - wrong.
    The mobo was some oddball design - the case was unique in that it had a lot of bracing (I suspect due to the fact that most Dell PC's are shipped direct (or at least they used to be) as completed assembled units

Dell wants to be assured of upgrade sales so they dont make it easy for their customers to DIY
    If you have that much store credit you should try and extend for an Intel based PC - with 8ghz RAM and at least a 4.xx Processor - you want to try for a unit that already has a GPU (not integrated mobo graphics) so you have a chance to replace it with your own card if need be.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Dave, have one built to your liking! It will save you money and will give extra performance!

yeah - Dell is like Home Depot - if you can avoid them and go to a real professional custom PC shop thats the best bet...
    Dell beats them only by offering deals and financing - so if money up front is a factor get a Dell - but see how close you can get to a decent FSX basic machine - which is at least 3.5Ghz (very least - 4.xx is better) - nvidia 6 series GPU with at least 1ghz onboard memory (again a 7 series or later is better) - 6ghz RAM - (8 is better for other software) -

thats really all you need to look for if you already have a monitor and other peripherals
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Blog Entries
    Dave I did contract repair for Dell. The only thing Dell makes that is any good is CERTAIN laptops! Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Dave, have one built to your liking! It will save you money and will give extra performance!
    Can't repeat that enough. Don't by a Walmart bargain. Build it yourself.

Yes, build it yourself...it isn't Rocket Surgery....it's only Brain Science...

There's a lot of pleasure/satisfaction to be had with the successful 'turning on' of a home-grown beast...

Members who have read this thread: 0