Default Tokyo Exec mission loads as free flight not mission.

Thread: Default Tokyo Exec mission loads as free flight not mission.

Icon9 Default Tokyo Exec mission loads as free flight not mission.

I hate for my first post to be a cry for help, but this forum seems so much more congenial than "others".

I've searched the Google-sphere and looked at the limited posts, but none address my particular issue.

All default missions run fine on my Win7 laptop, (I know, but my desktop has since taken up residence in the Cloud). I've tried putting the sliders all the way to the left,
    and basically turning everything down to minimum.. but no difference. My shift-Z FPS variance starts at 2o% but within about four seconds is down below 1% at 19 fps.
    The mission loads, but the "copilot" does not speak, the compass does not come up, nor do the pax show up on top of the building. I've tried multiple different planes, and even edited the .FLT so that the startup screen is 2-D versus 3-D cockpit because of the reduced fps variance. No joy. I even reloaded fsx using my original installation disks on another machine, and the default Tokyo works fine. For some reason, this one mission on this one machine will not play nice. Someone posted on this forum in Jan. 2014, but that suggestion is not applicable in this particular case. The OP stated in a pm that he was so frustrated, he has since moved on away from FSX. I prefer to tough it out as I've been with all of M$ simulators, CFS, etc since Bruce Artwick. Any ideas would surely be appreciated. I know this is not really the core theme of this site, but your group here seem so very helpful to each other.

Thank you for any and all ideas.. blue skies..

Probably an initialization error because you've turned all your sliders to the left?

Tokyo Mission

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Probably an initialization error because you've turned all your sliders to the left?
    I don't normally fly in that configuration. It was just one config that I tried when all else seemed to fail. Most of my sliders are around mid-point and all of the other missions, Oil rig Helio included, run well.

Thank you for your thoughts, here's hoping that someone might have dealt with something like this before.

Tokyo Mission issue resolved

Quote Originally Posted by simtech View Post
    I don't normally fly in that configuration. It was just one config that I tried when all else seemed to fail. Most of my sliders are around mid-point and all of the other missions, Oil rig Helio included, run well.

Thank you for your thoughts, here's hoping that someone might have dealt with something like this before.
    After many trials and tribulations, a member of another sim forum suggested that a mission will run in free flight if some AI aircraft don't load during mission startup.
    I examined the SPB file and noted a Global Freightways 747 was called..THAT particular variation I had remarked out of the config file so it wouldn't load along with about thirty other planes I had. My goal was to speed up fsx startup with a reduced number of aircraft. Since I had never run the mission before, I did not know that it called for THAT PARTICULAR 747 variant. Removed the diags in the config file and the mission runs like a champ. Hope this helps someone else..Cheers..

Members who have read this thread: 0