Maximum resolution that FSX can generate

Thread: Maximum resolution that FSX can generate

Maximum resolution that FSX can generate

I have a HD capable monitor (1920 x 1080 x 32) using a wide screen view format. I have recently purchased a new computer that has a GPU that is capable of WQHD (2560 x 1440) resolution. Before I buy a new monitor that matches my GPU's resolution capability, does anyone know what is that maximum resolution that FSX itself can generate? No need to buy hardware that the software can not match. Is the latest version of P3D better than FSX in this regard? Any advise will be appreciated. Bill

Hey Bill, see if this helps....sounds like it depends on what your monitor is capable of....??

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...olution-in-FSX

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

I THINK (note uncertainty) that FSX will increase your display resolution setting selection to whatever native resolution your monitor is capable of. Whether the game will actually provide this resolution is what I am trying to learn. Thanks for the input. Bill

If you are using a nvidia vid card you could try DSR with your current monitor. Even though this is in the DX10 forum it will work with DX9.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...s-at-1920x1080

You can download the latest DX10 how to guide pdf, at the bottom of the guide is a section on how to set up DSR.
    One thing to know is if you take screenshots in FSX the file size is big. Here is a pic I took doing some testing on my rig, the original file size is 15.8mb at a resolution of 2715x1527. This is on a 24' monitor and its native resolution is 1920x1080. The pic has been resized to 1920x1080. One side effect is the text (bottom left of pic) is very small.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    ..., does anyone know what is that maximum resolution that FSX itself can generate
    I run 6000*1080 if that helps
    Cheers
    Keith

Members who have read this thread: 0