PTO RS and PTO Solomons?

Thread: PTO RS and PTO Solomons?

PTO RS and PTO Solomons?

Hi all,

I've just started playing PTO Solomons and PTO Rising Sun.

I never knew what I was missing! Reminded me of when I used to play CFS2 Pacific Theater when I was a kid.

I was wondering if there's any way we could figure out a way to launch planes from the full height of an aircraft carrier?

I'll see what I can dig up tomorrow, but I have finals coming up and I don't know how much time I'll have to play around.

Anyone have any ideas?

Chris
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

Owen (aka HouseHobbit) worked out a way with some creative mission editing to take off a few years ago, but you can't come back and land on them.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    I was wondering if there's any way we could figure out a way to launch planes from the full height of an aircraft carrier?

I'll see what I can dig up tomorrow, but I have finals coming up and I don't know how much time I'll have to play around.

Anyone have any ideas?
    The ability to take off and land from full height carriers is the Holy Grail of CFS3. Many have tried, all have failed

However there is one good workaround where the aircraft are modified so that they land and take off at deck height with the contact points being at ground level. This means they can only be used with carriers of course. Not sure where that mod went, Groundcrew perhaps?
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

I wonder if at all it would be possible to port over the carriers from CFS2 and modify those accordingly

Blog Entries
    I wonder if at all it would be possible to port over the carriers from CFS2 and modify those accordingly
    If only it were that easy Chris The problem is that in CFS3 aircraft will only take off from the land or the sea. They can't do it from an m3d object unless it as at ground/sea level too - unless there are some magic settings in the cfg or xdp files that would allow it . The best modders we've had have looked for a solution over the years it's always possible of course that something has been overlooked!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I have played with taking off catapult ships and carriers in CFS3 Rising Sun and PTO.
    I can build Missions that allow you to take off, but as stated you can't land on them.
    That would require a rewrite of the Carriers and game engine. RATS!
    And as of now no one has sorted that out. RATS!@!

Aw that's too bad. Hopefully one day we'll have full-height carrier take offs and landings

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    The ability to take off and land from full height carriers is the Holy Grail of CFS3. Many have tried, all have failed

However there is one good workaround where the aircraft are modified so that they land and take off at deck height with the contact points being at ground level. This means they can only be used with carriers of course. Not sure where that mod went, Groundcrew perhaps?
    belive it was corrados ships and mods that allowed the work around with the modified contact points
    boys of 60 unofficall mad modder" and dyslexic extraordinaire MY OFF FLIGHT GROUP http://www.freewebs.com/dovesandhawks/:typing:

Members who have read this thread: 0