Talon passed away - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Talon passed away

oh no, what a sad news...

Fortunately, he has had the opportunity to enjoy life as he wanted to, by sailing the Pacific Ocean and this is something that not everybody can do in an entire life, even once retired.

My condolences to his family.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Please accept my heartfelt condolences.

I had the pleasure of working with Al on some his CFS3 projects, really nice guy, and will be missed!

My condolences to his family
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Icon22 Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    I have a proposal for SOH: let us dedicate a small page of this website to all who left us and who generously donated their personal effort to improve CFS2 and the other flight sims supported by SOH, Akemi Mizoguchi and Talon.
    Kelti,

Done: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=208
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Very sorry to hear this, Al was a top bloke, and like others have said very nice to work with.

my condolences to all his family. RIP Al.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Heartfelt condolences to his loved ones; R.I.P. Talon.

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Rami,

It's not exactly what I had in mind, also because I made a typo by leaving out the term 'like' before Akemi and Talon names, it should have read:
    "....and the other flight sims supported by SOH, like Akemi Mizoguchi and Talon." It sounds different.

I imagined a page listing just the departed friends' avatars, with their pseudonyms and real names written on the side, but this is better.

All of their contributions grouped together, I can't think of a better way to remember them: keep their memory alive through their work.

Thank you, Rami.

KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Oh my.

I have been away from the forum for a few days. i did not have as much interaction with Talon as many of you have, but I found him so helpful when I was trying to get his missions working for me. I wish I could have known him personally.

My prayers are for his family and friends for comfort and peace.

Kelti, see here:

March 29th, 2015, 18:06 #31

I would make it better but have little info

"I am so very sorry for your loss Hiede, thank you for keeping us updated over the last several months.

Please feel free to add or subtract from this taps mention:

http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/Taps.htm

you can contact me direct: dea14u@aol.com for any changes or other info."
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

Well the Vultures are circling with their greedy little claws already. I knew this would happen but they are in for a big surprise.Al always planned ahead and put the boats Condo and houses in my name in 2013.

Kelticheart and Bearcat241 you are so right about Als no-nonsense attitude.I've known him since 1998 and he was always that way.He didn't believe in being politically correct and spoke his mind.Alot of people probably didn't like it but that was his way.

The person that will miss him the most will probably be my daughter,he was basically her father figure.Ever since she could walk he would take her for walks on the beach everyday until she started school and then on the weekends.Now at 11 and going on12 she still loved to go with him and talk about things.

There is more I could put in here but don't want to bore you.

I also want to thank everyone for their kind words and Prayers.Much Appreciated.

Hiede

Question Bore who?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiede View Post
    .....There is more I could put in here but don't want to bore you.......Hiede
    Hiede,

please excuse my directness, it's a thing I have in common with Al, but...let's not be silly here.

Even if this forum is dedicated to a hobby, and a very particular one at that, people who wanted to share personal feelings, stories and even losses, just like in this case, were never rejected.

Solidarity was always expressed with no problems, and even precious moral support was given generously. I remember eight years ago, when I was going through the ordeal of nasty divorce full of hatred, anytime I wrote something here I was submerged by supportive replies.

Forgive me, a divorce is nothing compared to the loss of a loved one.

I don't think I am going against general feelings here if I tell you to feel free to write and 'let out' whatever you want about your mourning.

With all of the evil things happening in this world, I personally cherish this international friendship we all share here at SOH.

Al is indeed a victim of such evil, but he fought his personal battle against it without selfishness. He was a good example for the rest of us and I bet many of us would like to know more about him through your memories of him. A human being is truly dead when no one remembers about him or her anymore.

For example, not everyone here knows Al was, among other things, a great musician, a fine piano player. I had the privilege of receiving from him a few months ago a couple of recordings of his music, played with his band.
    He was in the middle of churning out the great AVG and PTO campaigns he had updated. Huge works he was anxious to upload. In retrospective, it seems like he felt the end was near and wanted to gift us with everything he had, the best of his work. I got in touch with him with a question about his AVG campaign and I found out his knowledge came first hand from direct witnesses who flew with the AVG. At some point I told him I was a professional musician for several years and I had played professionally in the US, so he sent me a couple of *.mp3 cuts.
    Great music, even if it is a different musical genre than mine - my pseudonym says it all - I was, and still am, quite impressed.

There, my two cents of contribution to help remembering Al with a little known aspect of his life.

KH

With no disrespect meant, I feel its time for our Irish wake to begin.

I'm not one to morn for long. Though I do very strongly. I feel though that celebrating life and the return to our Lord is more healing and up lift. When one loses a friend, Mate, Comrade, or Brother in arms. I feel its important to share a tale or two and to toast to their life. Rejoice that they are with Our Father. Honor their memory and share the joy that they gave.

I was able to work with Al on a couple little projects in the Korean theater. I love his work in that area. Though only talking through PMs and email, I enjoyed the discussions on the history of each event that we were working on. I wish we had time to finish a few little things. He had a lot of knowledge that may take time to get again. Some may be lost.

Through the last six years I've counted him as a friend. I will miss him.

I hold up a drink in your honor. Thank you for all that you did for us here and those that you helped in life. Until its is our time to join the Father too.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

I just read this thread of Al's passing...words are not coming well to me to write at this time....very sad....please accept my sincerest condolences.

Gary M.

My condolences to the family.

Regards MarkL

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    Hiede,

please excuse my directness, it's a thing I have in common with Al, but...let's not be silly here.

Even if this forum is dedicated to a hobby, and a very particular one at that, people who wanted to share personal feelings, stories and even losses, just like in this case, were never rejected.

Solidarity was always expressed with no problems, and even precious moral support was given generously. I remember eight years ago, when I was going through the ordeal of nasty divorce full of hatred, anytime I wrote something here I was submerged by supportive replies.

Forgive me, a divorce is nothing compared to the loss of a loved one.

I don't think I am going against general feelings here if I tell you to feel free to write and 'let out' whatever you want about your mourning.

With all of the evil things happening in this world, I personally cherish this international friendship we all share here at SOH.

Al is indeed a victim of such evil, but he fought his personal battle against it without selfishness. He was a good example for the rest of us and I bet many of us would like to know more about him through your memories of him. A human being is truly dead when no one remembers about him or her anymore.

For example, not everyone here knows Al was, among other things, a great musician, a fine piano player. I had the privilege of receiving from him a few months ago a couple of recordings of his music, played with his band.
    He was in the middle of churning out the great AVG and PTO campaigns he had updated. Huge works he was anxious to upload. In retrospective, it seems like he felt the end was near and wanted to gift us with everything he had, the best of his work. I got in touch with him with a question about his AVG campaign and I found out his knowledge came first hand from direct witnesses who flew with the AVG. At some point I told him I was a professional musician for several years and I had played professionally in the US, so he sent me a couple of *.mp3 cuts.
    Great music, even if it is a different musical genre than mine - my pseudonym says it all - I was, and still am, quite impressed.

There, my two cents of contribution to help remembering Al with a little known aspect of his life.

KH
    Kelticheart,

One of the problems in forums is you don't really get to know someone.Sometims the writen word is misunderstood by some people.Al used to go on skype and talk to people and I know at least one was from this forum,probably more.

Al was a Great musician and teacher of music.I was also part of the band and sang with them.We had some great times playing in New York and New Jersey. Atlantic City was the best to play though.I was with the band for 4 years.Our last gigs were in 2002 because of my husbands illness plus I was pregnant.We still did some recording when we moved to Hawaii.In 2003 the band broke up.

As a piano player Al could play any type of music.He was a rock and roller but liked to play classical music also.Did he send you any of the Christmas music he did?

I also play the piano but wasn't as polished as he was.He gave me some pointers and exercises to get my fingering right and we starte doing duets at some parties.

You spoke of the last missions he did,I know you are right about him knowing the end was near.We all did.We almost canceled our sailing trip last summer because of it.Al said no way he wanted one last voyage.It didn't matter we had to cut it short,we still had a good time.

The main Passions of Al.

Family,music,sailing,his model railroad and flight sims.He also had Train sims.

Blood_Hawk,

We basically had an Irish Wake,Al was part Irish.

I haven't really had time to mourne,I've been on the go for the last week doing everything.I still have to talk to the lawyers and accountants plus people are flying in on friday and saturday.Both our families live in NJ.

Even though the families will be hear I'm having Easter with just my sisters,who have lived here since we out here,and the kids.After I cook dinner and we eat I'm taking the rest of the day off.

Hiede

Rest in Peace

Hello, very bad news. Rest in peace.

i liked your Pearl ships missions and Guadalcanal and AVG campaigns.

i will never forget your work for the CFS2 Community

Very heart breaking news. He was a breath of fresh air in the forum. A sad day for us all and a tragedy for his loved ones.

His done a lot for this community.
    The CFS community lost a great contributor.
    May he rest in peace

RIP Talon. And thank you Hiede for letting us know of his passing. My condolences on your loss.

Perhaps Talon's final gift to us

In Memorium

Al (Talon) sent me this campaign beta a couple of months prior to his death but did not get it posted to SOH, which I believe was his intent once it got a final clean up.

Unfortunately that did not happen in time. I have done the final clean up - typos correction etc.- to finalize this for posting. The missions themselves haven't been touched, they are exactly as Al intended them.

Just uploaded USMC Bomber Squad 1942 campaign

Rami, would you please see that this gets moved over to the Talon Legacy section where it belongs? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Rest in peace Talon. Thank you for sharing your talents.

Pete

USMC Bomber Squad 1942.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Campaigns Add-Ons

Description: In Memorium

Al (Talon) sent me this campaign beta a couple of months prior to his death but did not get it posted to SOH, which I believe was his intent once it got a final clean up.

Unfortunately that did not happen in time. I have done the final clean up - typos correction etc.- to finalize this for posting. The missions themselves haven't been touched, they are exactly as Al intended them.

Captain Kurt 4/6/2015

This is a 10 mission campaign of the USMC bomber Squadrons on Guadacanal. Of the 10 missions you will be flying only 7 mostly in an SBD but 3 it could either an SBD or an Avenger. Hope you enjoy.

Talon

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit USMC Bomber Squad 1942.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thank you, Capt. Kurt. A fitting testimony of Talon's legacy to us all.

KH

Icon22 Reply...

Kurt,

Thank you for these. I may yet do another Pacific campaign to uphold Al's memory.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Nice!

I will fly it in his memory.

Rami you do that!

I will appreciate it

Members who have read this thread: 3