Addon Scenery Issues

Thread: Addon Scenery Issues

Addon Scenery Issues

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloa...ab-03-scenery/
    Does anyone use this scenery? It looks pretty cool, but each one of these "bases" shows up black on my sim. Has anyone else who uses this addon experienced this?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJZ View Post
    http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloa...ab-03-scenery/
    Does anyone use this scenery? It looks pretty cool, but each one of these "bases" shows up black on my sim. Has anyone else who uses this addon experienced this?
    I think these types of problems are usually caused when bgl files cannot find the corresponding texture files. Make sure the applicable scenery and texture directory are in the same higher level directory.

That shouldn't be the issue. I put the BGL files and texture files in their own separate folders, (scenery and textures) then those to folders inside a main folder inside the Addon Scenery folder

That shouldn't be the issue. I put the BGL files and texture files in their own separate folders, (scenery and textures) then those to folders inside a main folder inside the Addon Scenery folder
    It might just be a typo, but make sure the texture folder is actually named texture, not textures with an 's'.

ATB
    MikeW

Quote Originally Posted by emfrat View Post
    It might just be a typo, but make sure the texture folder is actually named texture, not textures with an 's'.

ATB
    MikeW
    I tried fixing that, still didn't work :/

I tried fixing that, still didn't work :/
    Can you post a pic of where you have those scenery and texture folders placed? Something you mention in post#3 doesn't sound right.
    Update: Specifically, the folder you placed the scenery and texture folders into. . .is that folder active in the Scenery Library of the Sim?

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Can you post a pic of where you have those scenery and texture folders placed? Something you mention in post#3 doesn't sound right.
    Update: Specifically, the folder you placed the scenery and texture folders into. . .is that folder active in the Scenery Library of the Sim?
    Yeah it is. I added it in the FSX Scenery settings menu and it is active. I got the "building scenery database" progress bar and it completed the install

I downloaded that scenery and then realized what it was. . .I used to have this when Tim first released it. . .lots of fun flying onto it. Installation is pretty straight forward; "bgl's" go in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder. . ."dds" textures go into the Addon Scenery/texture folder. Nothing else is required as the Addon Scenery folder is active in the library by default.

Alternate Option:
    Make a folder named MAB_Skyhaven and inside that two folders named "scenery" and "texture". . .place the appropriate files into each, place that folder into the Addon Scenery folder and then activate it inside the scenery library. If it's done either of these two ways there's no reason for the textures not to show.

Yeah it is. I added it in the FSX Scenery settings menu and it is active. I got the "building scenery database" progress bar and it completed the install
    Ok. . .does it sit at the top of the list? I'm at a loss as well. . .especially if the buildings show and the textures don't. If it persists I may install it into P3D and see what I get.

Shots from P3D. No problems here.

"Alternate Option:
    Make a folder named MAB_Skyhaven and inside that two folders named "scenery" and "texture". . .place the appropriate files into each, place that folder into the Addon Scenery folder and then activate it inside the scenery library. If it's done either of these two ways there's no reason for the textures not to show."
    This is exactly what I did. Only I simply named the file MAB. The buildings show, but not the textures....
    The only other thing I can think of is that on the webpage I downloaded the scenery from, it said it's for FSX Acceleration, and I only have FSX SP2, so I didn't originally think that would be an issue.

. . . . . The only other thing I can think of is that on the webpage I downloaded the scenery from, it said it's for FSX Acceleration, and I only have FSX SP2, so I didn't originally think that would be an issue.
    Yep, that would be a problem.

Members who have read this thread: 0