Renault Threatens F1 Withdrawal

Thread: Renault Threatens F1 Withdrawal

Lightbulb Renault Threatens F1 Withdrawal

First Vettel leaves, then Red Bull threatens withdrawal, now this....
    Talk about a bunch of sour puss'.....

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story...sian-gp-032715

Hey All,

Racing is about advertising - not racing. I have said that here more than once. That is why NASCAR has it about as right as you can get it making it drivers and teams against drivers and teams. Who really gives a rats petootie about who out technologies who? They will learn as people realize what JPM said is true - in F1 you have the best car you win the pole you win the race - it's easy. Think about it - I can't wait to see who finishes third - wow - that is the essence of racing - right? It ain't the 60s anymore - the money is too big.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Great to see you back touting your NASCAR is better than F1 rhetoric again EasyEd!

Hey All,

You can interpret it that way if you wan but it is not my intent.

The question is what does the audience want? Technology or human drama racing? Which sells better technology or human drama? Which approach will get you more money? That is the objective - more money because of more eyes on the cars more return on investment. That is apparently Renaults position...

"If Formula One is that bad for Renault's reputation, if we see that we will continue to struggle with the current formula, if Formula One is not delivering on the value that it costs Renault ... this is what we're looking at," he said. However, Abiteboul was also asked whether Renault was weighing up the option of buying an existing F1 team and becoming a race constructor again.
    "We'll have to review the situation from a marketing and strategic perspective," Abiteboul said.
    I guess the other possibility is that Renault is unhappy with how the proceeds of F1 is divided up. There should be absolutely no favortism and be totally transparent. Is it? Or is it an old Euroboys club?

Either a lack of gross income or a lack of fair diving up the pot either way it comes down to...

Return on investment not racing - it really is that simple. We have certainly seen exactly the same concern in NASCAR.

It is really simple - when you start to look bad you dont ever admit you are inferior and then invest and try harder. That is the old way - now dead - no longer relevant in today's world. You cut your losses by taking your toys and going home.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Members who have read this thread: 0