WWI Aircraft...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWI Aircraft...

WWI Aircraft...

Hey All,

So I'm looking to convert some FS2004 WWI ACs. So far I've found only one Sopwith BABY/Schneider. I've converted the model fine with one little problem. Due to the designers placement of the CoG in the model it will not float.

So is there another model other than the one by Craig Richardson? One that will float.

While we are at it, is there any other FS2004 WWI ACs that can be converted?
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    Hey All,

So I'm looking to convert some FS2004 WWI ACs. So far I've found only one Sopwith BABY/Schneider. I've converted the model fine with one little problem. Due to the designers placement of the CoG in the model it will not float.

So is there another model other than the one by Craig Richardson? One that will float.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SVA5_87th_03.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	21389 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SVA9_VV_03.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	175.6 KB 
ID:	21390 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SVA9_VC_01.jpg 
Size:	137.8 KB 
ID:	21391

Icon22

I that case , if u need help BloodHawk , IŽll be there friend!
    Cheers
    Mario

Manuele,

I was already planing on asking you. I've been reading up on the Italian fighters/scouts. It would be nice to do the eastern front and areas involving Italy.

We'll need Allen to move the MG on his Hanriot. Then get a new paint for it. That would give us Some ACs to start with.

Do you have any info on WWI Italian Bombs?

Misson,

If you'd be willing to help with the conversion of the Ansaldo, I could surely use it. I have done a few with mixed results.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

Icon23

Misson,

If you'd be willing to help with the conversion of the Ansaldo, I could surely use it. I have done a few with mixed results.
    I am standing by ur orders!
    Cheers
    Mario

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by misson View Post
    I am standing by ur orders!
    Cheers
    Mario
    Hi Mario & Blood Hawk,

I hope I'll be able to send You the "package" with SVA 5 & 9 GMax models (single and twin Seat, armed and not) during the next week.
    For the bombs used by Italian Army Air Force during WWI I'll make a search in my archives.....

Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    Hi Mario & Blood Hawk,

I hope I'll be able to send You the "package" with SVA 5 & 9 GMax models (single and twin Seat, armed and not) during the next week.
    For the bombs used by Italian Army Air Force during WWI I'll make a search in my archives.....

That would be outstanding.

Anything you can find on the bombs would be great. I've hit a dead end in my searches. There is more info on the western front then any other part.

Now if we only had the Caproni bombers. Atleast a couple of them.

I do have to correct myself. As this was the Southern Front. Not the Eastern.

Manuele,

Interested in building a Caproni Ca.42?

I'm surprised that no one has made any of the Caproni's. The Ca.33 was used by the British before the HP 0/400 entered service. The French and AEF also used them. For their time they were great looking aircraft.

Good Read for WW1

Hi All,

I have a good book titled Hostile Skies - a combat history of the American Air Service in WW1. Much of it is about the western front but there is a chapter on the Italian air war about Americans assigned to Italian Squadrons, mainly bombers. To a large extent it's about Fiorello
    la Guardia who at the time was a congressman from N.Y. and joined the U.S. Flying Corp. but kepted his congreemans status. The book mentions the group using trimotor Caproni 350s, 450s and 600 bombers. Many of the missions were flown from Malpensa northeast of Milan. Missions were flown in the Asiago, the Grappa and the Piave River sectors. I didn't know we flew with the Italians.

Tony2

Icon22

Manuele,

Interested in building a Caproni Ca.42?

I'm surprised that no one has made any of the Caproni's. The Ca.33 was used by the British before the HP 0/400 entered service. The French and AEF also used them. For their time they were great looking aircraft.
    Hi Blood Hawk,

Regarding the Caproni, many time ago (more than five years) a friend named Wolfgang (unfortunately I don't remember more about him) sent me a Caproni Ca.3, in GMax format, inviting me to convert it for FS9 and writing in a brief text the following message : ....in the release readme, please don't forget to include this line <Original model provided by Radek Navratil>. After that, please feel free to include anything you wish, for instance: Completely revamped/re-designed by Manuele Villa, Gauges and textures by Manuele Villa...etc...this is just to honor the original author's work.....
    Probably the model was made for another simulator by Mr.Navratil, but the general shapes are good and respect the Caproni typical line .....

Name:	Ca3_wip1.jpg 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	21410

Unfortunately I haven't time for this project, but If someone is interested in completing and conversion........

If I was better at model making I would jump at it. My skills are still limited.

Hey All,

Blood_Hawk,

What happens when on water? Does it just sink? It might be as simple as the contact points in the aircraft.cfg file not being numbered for floats instead of wheels.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Blood_Hawk,

What happens when on water? Does it just sink? It might be as simple as the contact points in the aircraft.cfg file not being numbered for floats instead of wheels.
    Yup it sinks. Actually it doesn't even realy land. I've messed with the contacts but still no joy. I might be over looking something. I'll send you a PM. I want to ask you a question on another topic.

AER_DaddyO said that he has it floating and sent me a copy of his files. I'm working for two more days. I'll look everything over then. He has a few other things in the works. I won't ruin his surprise.

After I finish my aerodromes for the western front, I'm going to do 14 more for England. Atleast 3 will be for Seaplanes and Flying boats. I'm also looking to some Southern Front Italian Aerodromes. but one thing at a time.

Icon22

Hi Friends,
    I'm sending to Misson the SVA and the Caproni's source files......
    The SVA source files are for five different planes :

- SVA 5 Armed
    - SVA 5 Unarmed
    - SVA 5 Unarmed Postwar
    - SVA 10 (Twin seat) Unarmed
    - SVA 10 (Twin seat) Unarmed Postwar

The ONLY thing I want to be mantained in the conversion is the "Pinup" (gauge) I used in the panel, the woman with the hat was my grandmother !!!

Name:	nonna.jpg 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	21507

The Caproni isn't really a plane of mine, please respect the credits.....

Manuele,

It would be an honor to have your Grandmothers picture as part of your aircraft. I think everyone will feel the same way.

Manuele,

It would be an honor to have your Grandmothers picture as part of your aircraft. I think everyone will feel the same way.
    Same way!
    Cheers
    Mario

Icon22 I got them!

I got the sources John!
    I coming late from my job today so iŽll see them tomorrow.
    Thanks Manuelle
    Cheers
    Mario

Kool!!! This is one I realy can't wait to see.

Ok I got the Schneider to float. it was a goof up on my part.I had the CoG up too high. Oops...

AER_DaddyO and I are working on the air and CFGs. he has a nice setup. We need perms to release it.

I'm going to try again on a few of my earlier conversion attemps of a few other WWI ACs. I'm learning a little more every time.

Curtiss Jenny

Does anyone have the FS2k4 stock Jenny? I tried to convert a model and it seems to have been modified. I get errors when the model tries to display.

Send me a pm if you do.

I cannot imangine that I am the one to help

The only thing I would be capable to do is to make a zipfile, of the "Jenny"subdirectory in the Aircraft directory of my FS9 install, and mail it to you.
    But I cannot imagine that in a (virtual ) world of simmers I am the only way out of your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by zijdemans View Post
    The only thing I would be capable to do is to make a zipfile, of the "Jenny"subdirectory in the Aircraft directory of my FS9 install, and mail it to you.
    But I cannot imagine that in a (virtual ) world of simmers I am the only way out of your problem.

If you have it I'll send you my email.

Curtis Jenny

Hi John
    I have a Curtis Jenny in my GMax folder, I think it came with the GMax SDK. When you open it, it says there are some missing textures, panels etc.
    I will email it to you.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by stuart277 View Post
    Hi John
    I have a Curtis Jenny in my GMax folder, I think it came with the GMax SDK. When you open it, it says there are some missing textures, panels etc.
    I will email it to you.
    Cheers
    Stuart
    Kool I'll take it as well. Though not looking to actually build a model at this point. But maybe can look in to doing a float plane version.

Members who have read this thread: 0