FSX on sale at Steam for $5.00 USD.

Thread: FSX on sale at Steam for $5.00 USD.

Blog Entries

FSX on sale at Steam for $5.00 USD.

Already? again??
    We have always lived in a small community, and the retraction of FSX from Microsofts lineup dwindled that community to a microcosm of that already small community. To me, this sale is a direct reflection of that as it indicates that the potential continuing income of the FSX base flight simulator is approaching nil, and is being staged to be moved into the mothball library where all old games and software go. This worries me as it impacts continued and future development on the FSX platform. In truth after a year hiatus from flight simming, i returned to SOH only to find the exact same aircraft and the exact same scenery still being discussed in the forums. FSX is clearly entering the doldrums.

The X-Plane community has not been an open community. Truth told, my own first experience in the X-Plane community after being at SOH for so long, was rather antagonistic in my opinion. Publicly X-Planers have always come across as snooty little brats who think they are better than everyone else. I think this has hurt the flight sim community in a great way and now presents a danger to the continued coalescence of the community as a whole.
    I can in these forums, mention and talk about any flight sim software in peaceful open discussion until i mention X-Plane. Once X-Plane is mentioned, passions flare and walls go up. And yet, at this time, X-Plane remains the most viable alternative too FSX available.

Keeping this entire community all going in the same direction and on the same boat is impossible, i know that. Freinds and acquaintances will of course drift away to any of several worthwhile places. but i think that if the community as a whole is too survive, then a way has to be found to bridge the annimosity and overcome the rivalry between the fsx community and the x-plane community. I just dont know how too do it..

Blog Entries
    The X-Planers remind me of the Apple computer crowd and X-Plane has a ton of them onboard. The funny thing was they really had nothing to act so superior about. When I was a OC manager at TechCor we used to laugh at the ridiculous amount of money they would pay for inferior ease of use equipment. That divided the computer community in exchange of ideas and technology, but it fueled software and hardware sales. I think we have the same problem/benefit in the flight-sim community. There are pros and cons to both products, but both can be of benefit. However the natural evolution for FSXers really is P3D. However, I personally will never give up FSX or X-Plane even if I can move to P3D some day.
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Well I'm glad it came around this soon, I missed it first time around in my skepticism. Now having upgraded my PC in the last 2 days I opted for it. So that is three versions of it. I bought FSX in 2006 when it cam out for the princely sum of $76. Then when GOLD came out I thought I should get that just in case and that was $46. Now the Steam edition. Still it is great value for money, where else can you get 8 years entertainment or such little outlay.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Well I sprung the $5.00. Waited about 40 mins for it to install. Tick tock tick....... Press the run icon ........ Guess what? It Crashed. again and again and again. No explanation. Oh well back to FSXAcceleration. You cannot make these things up. Hilarious.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Well I sprung the $5.00. Waited about 40 mins for it to install. Tick tock tick....... Press the run icon ........ Guess what? It Crashed. again and again and again. No explanation. Oh well back to FSXAcceleration. You cannot make these things up. Hilarious.
    Welcome too bloody steam.. Now if you had spent twenty bucks on Fable Anniversary it would have run absolutely fine and you could enjoy being a chicken chaser for yet another year..

Members who have read this thread: 0