IRIS PC-21 Versions?

Thread: IRIS PC-21 Versions?

Icon4 IRIS PC-21 Versions?

I recently purchased the IRIS PC-21 75th edition. All indicates are that it is version 1.2 (1.2.130310.0145) to be exact.

The manual indicates its Revision 3.0, and other research indicates there is a version 2.0 and 3.0... When I attempted to add some freeware repaints, none worked as the texture mapping were totally different.

I've tried to access their forum to ask the question, but their website isn't working very well so I was hoping someone here might have some insight.

Thanks in advance
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Hi Warhorse,

The PC-21 75th anniversary edition has a completely different model than the previous version of the PC-21, which is why the textures and previous paints no longer work with the new version. I hope that answers your question. In relation to the forum, I've not had any issue navigating it, and we've not made any changes to it as yet other than a database backup the other day.

David.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks David.

I sent in a ticket regarding the website. Specifically, I'm referring to the forums. The main website and store are no problem.

My recent access went without a problem, but earlier today it took several attempts to get into the forums only to be dropped when I attempted to read a thread or make a post.

Anyways, thanks for responding.
    -- WH

I just found the section in the manual the discusses the different versions and missing paint schemes.

As of September 2014 there were 17 paint schemes removed from the current 75th Anniversary Edition that were to become available at some time.

Any idea as to when we might see the removed paint schemes??
    -- WH

I bought the Just Flight web site, but I see only four painting

Texture.A104
    Texture.HB-HZA
    Texture.HB-HZC
    Texture.IRIS
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

I acquired mine from JustFlight, also.

Page 141 of the manual indicates that many textures provided in earlier versions were removed for the 75th Anniversary Edition due to changes in format and that they would be made available in the future on their website. That was written up 6th September 2014, over six months ago.

I counted 17 textures, but I believe the first 4 are included with the package.

I have asked IRIS for a status on the expected textures.
    -- WH

As far as I know, they have made changes on zhe model. Course of that the old textures are not compatible anymore.
    They mentioned before, that the missing liverys should follow. But this statement is a while back.
    I have asked them for the textures and a paintkit too, but without any response on this topic.

Iris Observation

If you've purchased Iris aircraft over the years (decades), most of you have observed the same thing as me. David does what he says he will do 99% of the time. If there is any issue, it is the time between the saying and the doing. 'nuff said.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Nice painting zsolt

Beautiful, Zsolt. Great work.
    -- WH

Great repaints of a model I really enjoy. But these paints must not be for the 75th anniversary edition because I can't find a solo version of that release. Nor can I find an option for a solo cockpit.

Quote Originally Posted by clmooring View Post
    Great repaints of a model I really enjoy. But these paints must not be for the 75th anniversary edition because I can't find a solo version of that release. Nor can I find an option for a solo cockpit.
    Have you tried going into the aircraft Payload and changing the pilot or instructor weight to 0?
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Have you tried going into the aircraft Payload and changing the pilot or instructor weight to 0?
    I had not and it worked great! Thanks so much!

Members who have read this thread: 1