I'm back! Looking to form modeling, skinning team

Thread: I'm back! Looking to form modeling, skinning team

I'm back! Looking to form modeling, skinning team

I recently re-discovered CFS3 with the help of a modern puter that will finally run CFS3 with the details maxxed out! SO crazy this sim is so old, and 10+years later I can finally realize it's full potential. SO after being away from this community for almost 7 years, I am back. And I see that CFS3 is still kicking. Unbelievable. Stupid Microsoft, abandoning CFS4. There is nothing like a fairly accurate, open programming sim to dogfight with.

I was going through Gmail that I have used as an archive to store some old projects that I wish to dust off. I have a an HK-1 "Spruce Goose", a Saunders-Roe "Princess", a B-36 "Peacemaker", and an "Enterprise" Constellation class Starship from Star Trek TOS. All of these were flyable models in CFS3 long ago.

And if there are any examples of any of these available for download please point them out as I missed them. I know I uploaded the HK1 to SOH at one point.

I am looking to form a committed and skilled team to finalize some models that < betas, but flying models. I personally have only a minimum of spare time to dedicate to finishing them, but can contribute, esp CFG and flight dynamics. However, even at my peak familiarity with Gmax, and skinning years ago, I wasn't naturally proficient as say Greg Logan aka Starspeeder.

If memory serves, the HK1 flight model cfg. was contributed by Jerry Beckwith, and the flight deck, first skin rendition, and basic animations were by Greg Logan, but I haven't opened the zip file yet(later today). All contributing parties will recieve full credit for their work, if I can sort who did what 7 years ago. Present contributions will be documented and full credit given. These will be strictly freeware.

P.S. If any of you care to learn the full potential of the P-55, I would also like to train a wingman or two for a small flight. I was able to handle 3 spits by myself regularly online(depending of course who the opposing pilots were). I had always wished for at least one well trained wingman also flying a P-55. With training, communication, and co-ordination I knew handling 5 or 6 spits was very possible for 2 pilots familiar with the unique abilities of the P55.

Feel free to allow the P-55 during online play, if ya ain't scared.

~S~

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BreechBaby2.jpg   BreechBaby4.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Welcome back.

Yes CFS3 has come a long way both in content and graphics (with many thanks to AnKor for the latter).

I'm impressed by your enthusiasm but these days the community is small and of them only a handful are modding and up to their eyeballs in projects already.

I dare say that if you want to move ahead with any of your old models you're going to have to roll your sleeves up and do it yourself! :0)

Good luck!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Another prodigal returns

Welcome back AA, it's been so long I was scratching my memory until you mentioned the P-55 and then it came back. Online gamers can be found at sim-outhouse.net and you'll need to register there. If you don't already have it, AvHistory did a 1% flight model of the P-55 which is in the SOH library. I'm sure the online flyers will give you a hot welcome.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

"I'm sure the online flyers will give you a hot welcome. "
    Too funny,Tom. Nearly lost my coffee.....

AgentAlpha, Welcome back. Your 'Spruce Goose' is in the library,
    but I hadn't known about the 'Princess' or the 'B-36'.

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Well, my old friend Agentalpha.

The on-liners are over at www.sim-outhouse.net now.

That's a separate registration from this site.

See you around.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Hi!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Glad to see you back. I've been away from CFS3 for a while also. Been into the Il-2 series lately,but after upgrading the ole' XP rig I'm back into CFS3.It's always good ,as i do, to check SOH regularly to keep up to date with all the new mods,a/c,missions,theaters of operation and more.I too can't believe how long winded CFS3 has been and the dedication of a few good men who devote their time and effort for all of us. I'm really thankful for all that has been done for this sim. Glad to have you back at SOH.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Welcome back!! Much Rejoicing!

I have loaded several of your works from back in the day still in my advanced CFS3 instal.
    So many things have been improved upon by the Masters it will amaze you. Check out ETO 1.50..

And I am a BIG fan of the P-55, you build them and I can wreck them.
    Let me know when your rolling again, and I would be pleased to build(historical/Hysterical Hobbit) missions for any works from ya..
    More rejoicing!!

Thank you all for the warm greetings.
    Great to see some familiar names still kicking @ in this community!

I found and downloaded the HK to see what everyone else experienced.

WOW.
    I apologize to those 1,200+ people who downloaded that model.
    I had refined the eye point so you actually sat in the pilot seat, the way it sat in the water, and some other details.

I probably got myself banned before I uploaded the refined version.

It may be beating a dead horse, but I will tinker with it again, and upload it.

Might possibly play with the "Enterprise" and "Princess" as well, but the B-36 is so rough I don't think it is worth the time.

OK I am scratching my head. Been a long time, and even tutorials seem hard to find these days.

I have been trying to set the eyepoint in the HK to where I had it before, and it should be.
    The flightdeck is very detailed, actually, but not skinned. Greg Logan did a fantastic job. Looks like something from the AvHistory modelling team.

However, for some reason, when I change the eyepoint in the CFG file(bdp deleted each time), I can't get it to move.

However, changing the "pilot station" in the xpd I can get some movement, but it isn't a fine controlled adjustment.

Could it be a security issue in WIN7? Still learning about 7....

Uhg.

Hi !!

Bests for you.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dispersedBF109grassyfieldaerodrome.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Agentalpha View Post
    ... for some reason, when I change the eyepoint in the CFG file(bdp deleted each time), I can't get it to move.
    The pilot's eyepoint is controlled by the position of eyepoint0 in the VC model, a Dummy (helper) object. Entries in the aircraft.cfg for CFS3 models don't include anything for that.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 0