SM82 FS 2K4 conversion...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SM82 FS 2K4 conversion...

Icon23

Yes! Very easy! Just run it with mk mdlc and fix the air and aircraft file.
    cheers
    Mario

Icon5

Quote Originally Posted by misson View Post
    Yes! Very easy! Just run it with mk mdlc and fix the air and aircraft file.
    cheers
    Mario
    Have u windows xp or 7 32 bit to use such program?
    Have u tried to do it with other model before?

I'm already working at it!

Remember, I said that F. Giuli was building an important Italian bomber. The missions makers could prepare some campaigns attacking Dubai and Gibraltar.

Cheers

Pepe

I didn't succeed to convert it

Can you send me your conversion, Misson?

Cheers

Pepe

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by peperez View Post
    Can you send me your conversion, Misson?

Cheers

Pepe
    OK will set things clear.What I suggested was to dmaloof, to do a quick conversion of visual model, uncool no a great work.

Maybe you can do something more appropriate.
    All Giuly models are easy to convert thanks to Ivan Tsu tool, and thanks to Ivan for it , so why it cant convert?.

I have seen several times that dmaloof asks possible conversions of some models and I want to encourage him. And I remember when dmaloof demanded answers on one occasion from me.

I want to mainly teach to fish rather than giving the fish.
    I have no better skill than someone . I'm no better than anyone.
    When do ask something, I do it with humility and thanking.
    I have spent years in the forum trying to teach, publicly, displayin certain tricks and encourage others to do so because for that is the forum.
    But I have seen that some people discourage rather than encourage others.
    Several times when someone spoke of the conversion of a Giuly model , you'll quickly say "I'm working on it". What?
    Do your conversion and then dmaloof own, in that way he learn and will be more free. I´m here for help to him and to everybody that ask help.

You ask me to send my conversion model, this reminded me that two years ago I sent Caproni 311 model converted to you. Which you had problems animation. I found this mail. And you thanked me for the model that I sent, that did work properly. I dont know what you did with that model, but that do not matter to me.
    But this time I show some pics with the new model converted.
    Cheers
    Mario
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Conversion to fs2002.jpg   Conversion to cfs2.jpg   Animation converted.jpg  

is the model converting?
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    is the model converting?
    Yes John ! is the visual model converted sucsefully in all the steps process.

Quote Originally Posted by misson View Post
    Yes John ! is the visual model converted sucsefully in all the steps process.
    Kool. I thought you said the animations were being a pain.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Well, I really got problems

I'm not so inexperienced as you think...

About the Caproni 311, I uploaded it a long time ago. Sorry if I forget to credit your work in the Read Me. I always credited everybody that works in the conversion projects and made very extensive Read Me's to assure this. I try to be extremely ethic preserving the original authors rights and use their name in the files to assure this even when they were shanghaied by unethical sites.

If I offended you I beg your pardon.

Pepe

Success or failure often depends on what version of MDLC is being used.

I find that MDLC117 seems to give the best chances, though it can sometimes leave g_lightstate errors behind that need to be removed with a hex editor.
    MDLC190 often gives me "conversion unsuccessful" messages, so I pasted in MDLC117 instead & it runs OK.

Misson, Peperez, which version of MDLC are you using with Morten's GUI?

Using MDLC DOS tools...

...I did the magic. I already converted it! Uncle TGT, the airfile I built using the early development model Giuli sent us is working like magic! I asked Carlos Echevarria to prepare a new panel.bmp. The version I used is the 117.

Cheers

Pepe

Icon22

...I did the magic. I already converted it! Uncle TGT, the airfile I built using the early development model Giuli sent us is working like magic! I asked Carlos Echevarria to prepare a new panel.bmp. The version I used is the 117.

Cheers

Pepe
    Hi Pepe,
    Gaucho did a very good job in his 82's panel....

I'm not so inexperienced as you think...
    Dont u see?? or is me? Where I mentioned "inexperience" ? Do u really think this is about experience?

Is ur experience in discussion? Do u feel underestimated?

As I said before, i dont care what u did with that file!, I have no credit for just run a mdl file with mk_mdlc pressing the converssion buttom!! Then I dont need apologies, about that is okay.

This is not about credits! Is about do for others , what others can not do. And let them to others to learn for some day , they can doit for themselves.
    I´m glad u could doit for ur self, as i said , Giully planes always converts. And dmaloof can doit as everybody with a 32bit windows.

Uncle Tgt , i think as you, the version beta 117 works fantastic. But is necessary to run step by step saving by step. If u do click in all items (fs2k4 to fs2k2 , to cfs2 + fix animation) to convert in a single step, surely u will have a CONVERSION FAILED message. I ´ve explained that before many times. And I believe that is the main reason for failed converssions or bad version of mdlc as u said.
    Cheers
    Mario

My dear Misson, I think we don't need to insist in an useless discussion. In my computer, even the step by step approach didn't work. Using MDLC DOS utility with forced conversion I got the magic. It can be possibly some incompatibility caused by my Brazilian Portuguese Windows XP system. All SM82 animations are working fine.

Pepe

PS: Send me your address in private and I'll send you a bottle of CACHAÇA!

By the way, in a few days I'll upload a collective work conversion from a beautiful Derek Palmer original. Dvslats did the model conversion, Uncle TGT did a beautiful skin and a fantastic DP, Carlos Echevarria will do the simulated VC panel and I did the airfile.

I think everybody will love the plane!

Pepe

First pic

In dirty configuration to show animations working.

currently undergoing flight tests

Several paint jobs...

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Several paint jobs...

Icon14 Reply...

John,

Looking pretty damn outstanding there!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

I'm working with the airfile...

I'm trying to give the real feeling and, after a two month work, I'm closing to get it! As usual, Uncle TGT is the test pilot.

Cheers

Pepe

This is looking just awesome. As soon as it is released I will need to replace the Capt. I D'Attomo SM82 I used in the 82nd Fighter Group campaign and re-upload it.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Icon22

I'm trying to give the real feeling and, after a two month work, I'm closing to get it! As usual, Uncle TGT is the test pilot.

Cheers

Pepe
    Hi Pepe & UncleTgt,
    I can send You the WHOLE series of S.M.82 original R.A. manuals (use/maintenance and parts catalogues) I have (in .pdf format) and some reference books. If You are interested, send me a PM with Your e-mail adress.
    I normally send big files with "WeTransfer" (I think the actually dimension of the files I'll send is about 1GB).
    Greetings
    Manuele Villa / MVG3D

I received your gifts

and I just corrected the airfile and panel. I will send the uploads to you.

Cheers

Pepe

Members who have read this thread: 0