Mitchell

Thread: Mitchell

Mitchell

nothing yet from Vertigo, so I guess we have to fly an oldie:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

few more shots:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Beautiful! Is that RCB or Maam? Lights edited?
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Blog Entries
    From the exhaust i would say the RCB
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

RCS it is indeed

If only the RCS model had a complete and fully functional virtual cockpit. I really like the external model, especially considering that most restored B-25J's utilize the post-war carburetor air scoop and exhaust stack arrangement.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Lovely screenshots, Jan Kees!

Following the release of the P-39 this summer, a blue-print accurate B-25J (specifically the B-25J variant, not the earlier versions) is in our plans to enter development with a projected 2016 release date. I got quite a bit of B-25 research in throughout the year last year, visiting various locales, including the world's leading B-25 restoration company and a few other operators: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2323361&type=1
    The local B-25 operators ground school is coming up next weekend, where I'll be sure to be taking notes.

Speaking of the RCS model, the most recent versions are from when the model was rebuilt/modified to resemble the restored CAF B-25J "Yellow Rose", which besides having the post-war modifications to the carburetor/scoop and exhaust, the top turret is also not authentic to what was originally fitted to B-25's while in military service, it being a Martin turret. The Martin turret is what many of the restored B-25's flying today have, not only because they are more plentiful, but that they are also fitted without having the full 'post' that extends to the floor, as the original B-25 Bendix turrets have, providing more room for riders. Unfortunately, though, when a Martin turret is fitted, the top structure of the fuselage takes the full weight of the turret, which it was never designed for, since the original Bendix turret spreads the weight into the floor mount as well, and on those fitted with Martin turrets you can often see the skins around the turret to be wrinkled/buckled a bit, due to the extra strain placed on them. My local B-25J, "Miss Mitchell", was the first restored B-25 to have an original functioning Bendix top turret (as early as '93) - with a number of "claimed kills" in the years since - and it also has a functioning tail turret and fully-functioning bomb sight and bomb control panel, with all of the arming/release mechanisms wired up and working (unfortunately I didn't have my phone/camera on me the last time I was up inside the cockpit of "Miss Mitchell", otherwise I would have shared a few photos of it as well).

I like this model, I even like it a lot. Except for the FDE that is. It seems quite a bit over the top.

Has anyone done a more realistic one for this bird?

@Bomber_12th: that is brilliant news! The Airacobra this summer and next year a B-25J! Do you plan on including the gunship model too? I hope so!!

Cheers,

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post

a blue-print accurate B-25J (specifically the B-25J variant, not the earlier versions) is in our plans to enter development with a projected 2016 release date.
    I cherish the time reading the lines
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Love this old warbird. I love the way Roy's rendition flies, and sounds. Did a multiplayer flight with 8 or 9 of them a few years ago, and had a blast. Can't imagine the mass take off and landings during the war.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

John, outstanding news!
    i am very much looking forward to the P-39, but even more to a good B-25. Count on a good number of paints from me for both.
    as for the Rcs Mitchell, my version is still, although marketed as a fsx version, still a portover, with the usual prop behind cloud problems, which I find a bit disappointing, as is the restriction on repaints.
    It may look nice, but I am not allowed to upload this paint, sorry.

Nice work on that Aussie Mitchell, Jan. Regardless of whether you can upload it or not... it's a nice looking bird.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Very good news from John!

A little competition is much welcome, always improves quality!

2015/2016 should be a good year for the Mitchell!

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Can't imagine the mass take off and landings during the war.
    bit like this perhaps?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLMDIlxUa58

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    "The film's budget accommodated 17 flyable B-25 Mitchells, and one hulk was acquired in Mexico, and flown with landing gear down to the Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico filming location.[3] The aircraft was burned and destroyed in the landing crash scene. The wreck was then buried in the ground by the runway, where it remains to this day."

Wow!

Whenever I see these scenes from Catch22 I get watery eyes!

@ John: outstanding news!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Ja JanKees, precies wat ik bedoel. (Yes, exactly what I meant)
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

mmm, I have a premonition here...
    I too asked, only about repaints...

Yep I agree with Jankees. Roy is a nice guy but he wants to be in control. He only allows repaints when they are released via him. So I'm not sure he will allow a mod like this........

Cheers,
    Huub

ok, no problem, i should have known better, sorry...
    mods, can you delete or edit my posts from this thread? thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 2