Bunch o' old Fokkers

Thread: Bunch o' old Fokkers

Bunch o' old Fokkers

Yeah, that got your attention, didn't it?

Pilgrim F27-100. Flew on in new colors after the buyout by Business Express.

Allegheny Commuter F27-500, operated by Suburban Airlines, flew between DCA, BOS, PIT, JFK and a whole lot of smaller airports in the Northeast.

I needed a generic paint on a -500 for FSEconomy operations, sooooo...

Also works in freighter configuration.

And, from that other thread, the PDT paints made from an old FS9 paint. F27A...

...and its cousin.

I'm not sure whether to put them into the base pack or upload them separately or paint more or...

SOH-CM-2023
    Bjoern: "I'm not sure whether to put them into the base pack or upload them separately or paint more or..."

Whatever you do, just KEEP IT UP !!!

There are a few more on the list, yeah. My desire for painting stuff has been drained a bit though, so this could possibly take a long while.

Bjoern: "I'm not sure whether to put them into the base pack or upload them separately or paint more or..."

Is this for the Justflight/APH Fokker -27?
    Personally, I prefer base packs with few liveries and being able to download a lot of different liveries when I feel I need them.

Quote Originally Posted by donnybalonny View Post
    Is this for the Justflight/APH Fokker -27?
    Of course not.

Hah! Why don't I just do "rolling releases" as I do with the base model? No strain on any file libraries, no specific readme for each and every release...splendid! I'm so clever...!

The package (and any future versions of it) is here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...ew?usp=sharing

Very nice, Bjoern - off to get me the new all-in-one package.
    Thanks again for this great contribution to the virtual skies!

Commuter F27-500, operated by Suburban Airlines, flew between DCA, BOS, PIT, JFK and a whole lot of smaller airports in the Northeast.
    Hallelujah, an Allegheny repaint! I tried to make that repaint myself, but the results were quite disappointing. These things served some rather obscure small destinations here in PA. Glad to see someone's done them justice. Thanks, Bjoern.
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mgchrist5 View Post
    Hallelujah, an Allegheny repaint! I tried to make that repaint myself, but the results were quite disappointing. These things served some rather obscure small destinations here in PA. Glad to see someone's done them justice. Thanks, Bjoern.
    You're welcome.
    The worst thing was, as usual, actually finding a good scan of the logo. Most of the non-mainstream logos you find online are either too small or blurred beyond recognition.

Do you per chance know where Suburban used to fly their Fokkers to?
    Airliners.net has photos of them in Reading, at JFK and at DCA, but only accounts for three of the four Friendships employed by the airline.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    You're welcome.
    The worst thing was, as usual, actually finding a good scan of the logo. Most of the non-mainstream logos you find online are either too small or blurred beyond recognition.

Airliners.net has photos of them in Reading, at JFK and at DCA, but only accounts for three of the four Friendships employed by the airline.
    Try here: http://timetableimages.com/ttimages/uq2.htm

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

I'm not certain of their destinations outside of Pennsylvania. In PA, I definitely remember seeing them at Reading (RDG), Allentown (ABE), Wilkes-Barre (AVP) and Philly as a kid. Aside from those, I'd have to fall back on some of the info from srgalahad's timetable links above...although I don't know if those timetable destinations all saw Fokker service or perhaps B99s or another type. Although not mentioned on those timetables, I also seem to recall Williamsport (IPT) and State College (UNV). I can't seem to find any definitive info about those two, so I could just be imagining that part...
    -Mark

I totally forgot that the OAGs on DepartedFlights have detailed schedules for a lot of airports inlcuding equipment used. So to clear up the mystery a bit...

1985 has Pittsburgh to/from Lancaster, PA and Reading, PA.
    1989 (as USAir Express) has Pittsburgh to/from Lancaster, PA and Reading, PA; Philadelphia to/from Harrisburg, PA, Reading, PA and Wikes-Barre, PA.

That's disappointingly little, but then again...they only had four Fokkers.

I love this kind of research.

Very nice. Great seeing some of those old airlines names and schemes. The Pilgrim Airlines one especially reminds my of the days when I was into propliners a lot more.
    Paul Conley painted one in those colors way back when. And there were many others. Good times for sure.

Members who have read this thread: 1