Virtualcol Dash-8 series released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virtualcol Dash-8 series released

Virtualcol Dash-8 series released

There are packs for FSX, and for FS2004. Comes with the 100, 200, 300, and 400. A large array of liveries.
    The addon itself definately isn't the most refined, but that's their target audience. With that being said, it does appear to be a bit of an improvement compared to some of their other models (in my opinion). I only installed the 100, 200, and 300, and only have taken the 100 up briefly. A few graphical unpleasantries yes, but I've wanted a 100 model for quite a while, and this'll do for now.

http://secure.simmarket.com/virtualc...-fsx-p3d.phtml

A couple screenshots from me:

Been waiting for the Dash 8 series for years so picked the model up myself immediately and I'm quite impressed. I've always been a huge fan of the regional prop and this is certainty a huge step up from their previous offerings.

The model itself is very accurate and the VC is smart, graphical unpleasantries as mentioned above but all in all a good package.

I'm not expecting a Majestic Dash 8 (or want one) so have been looking forward to this for a while. Wish I could fly it. The zip file was corrupt and got a 404 warning trying to re-download.

Update: Issue resolved
    Last edited by Snurdley; March 14th, 2015 at 16:55.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Yessssssss, and it has the Canadian Fur-Ball

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Here's another of the numerous liveries included:

The Model looks quite good from what I can see from the screenshots

speedbrakes texturing look bit strange for my feeling

any system depth?

best regards,
    thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Txmmy83 View Post
    The Model looks quite good from what I can see from the screenshots

speedbrakes texturing look bit strange for my feeling

any system depth?

best regards,
    thomas
    The addon is designed for those looking for a simpler, frame-rate-friendly experience, so the systems are essentially equivalent to FSX default aircraft, though a number of items, switches, etc are still simulated in the cockpit, so you'll still have plenty of items to operate during a flight. This is far from the Majestic Dash-8 or anything like that, but for roughly US$20, and keeping in mind Virtualcol's target market, it's fairly nice.
    Also, I have seen some real operators with the colored (red/black) speed brakes, but I'm not sure how prevalent it is.

149 included repaints...

I know that's across 4 different versions, but still!!

I'm seriously considering picking this up for those times when I want to fly something bigger than GA, but don't have the time for the Majestic or the NGX.
    Jim Stewart

What about system simulation?
    Does the app work? And the FMS, does it have anything to do with a real fms?

Quote Originally Posted by donnybalonny View Post
    What about system simulation?. . . . .
    See SeanTK's remarks above.

Looks to be a step above Abacus quality. I'd love to get their F27 but i think i'll wait for the JF bird.
    Be yourself by yourself, stay away from me

Pantera

Really looks like a step up. Kudos!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSHQ View Post
    Looks to be a step above Abacus quality. I'd love to get their F27 but i think i'll wait for the JF bird.
    They only offer a 50, not a 27.

A bit more on the FMC since people are asking. I still need to use it more, but it does look like you can freely create and fully edit an active flight plan using it, which does go beyond default GPS capability. I don't think you can store any flight plans, but again, you can modify an active one fully.
    Beyond showing an active flight plan and some info on your waypoints, the functionality is rather limited though.

Does anyone know how this compared to Premier's version? Thanks!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    They only offer a 50, not a 27.
    Yeah all those tubeliners look the same to me
    Be yourself by yourself, stay away from me

Pantera

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    A bit more on the FMC since people are asking. I still need to use it more, but it does look like you can freely create and fully edit an active flight plan using it, which does go beyond default GPS capability. I don't think you can store any flight plans, but again, you can modify an active one fully.
    Beyond showing an active flight plan and some info on your waypoints, the functionality is rather limited though.
    Thanks for the update.
    I have this yes/no relationship with FMC. On one hand I want them to be simple and easy to use with the capacity to import fsx flightplans. On the other hand, I want all possibilities. Yes, I know its like a little child.

I dont know. I will wait and maybe pick it up on a sale. I have their latest release, the Saab and its not bad and its a P3d product.
    We have very few turboprop liners in p3d.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSHQ View Post
    Yeah all those tubeliners look the same to me
    Might want to brush up on your knowledge then, because military pilots tend to end up in one or another variation of these.

$20 is a relative figure, depending on income and where you live.

I bought it and I am really fine with it

20$ is in todays FS world cheap(unless promotion)

But main reason for buying and not considering Majestic Q400 is that VCOL has a 2 D panel and more important uses cab.files for gauges rather then build in in VC or dll's

Why?

Because with this I can modernize and upgrade Milton's Dash 7 ( and other DH's like GONZO ) with better higher res gauges ( and make based on their cab the Eng 3&4 gauges by myself )

so is a strange reason but still my reason

Roland

The real nice part is finally FSX Native Dash 8-100 thru 300. The PAD Dash is retired to the bone-yard. I also saw a Air Inuit New Bird paint. Now that was a surprise for me. Best darn Economic purchase of 2015 for me.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire

So this is better than the PAD version? Thanks for any input.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    So this is better than the PAD version? Thanks for any input.

Don
    Yes, I'd say so. It's an FSX-native model to start with, and in my opinion both looks a bit better and has more functionality (in the VC) than the old PAD model.

For me being in P3DV25 primary, this dash series is 100X better then the PAD. The PAD VC in P3D is useless, with this new dash being native for FSX I am finally Dash happy in P3DV25. It really filled a massive hole in hanger.

Thanks, guys. I'll go grab it. I appreciate the feedback.

Don

Members who have read this thread: 2