I forgot two old tricks

Thread: I forgot two old tricks

I forgot two old tricks

1. Bomb aiming settings at CFS2.cfg,

2. How to appear the enemies damage massages when you hit them at CFS2.cfg.

Can anybody help me?

Pepe

Quote Originally Posted by peperez View Post
    1. Bomb aiming settings at CFS2.cfg,

2. How to appear the enemies damage massages when you hit them at CFS2.cfg.

Can anybody help me?

Pepe

Try this

[CHEATS]
    bomb_trainer=1
    damagemsgs=1
    show_damage_log=1

0 equals "off" and 1 equals "on."
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

[CHEATS]
    bomb_trainer=0
    free_warp=0
    ALLOW_SLEW=0
    damagemsgs=0
    oneshot_kill=0
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    Try this

[CHEATS]
    bomb_trainer=1
    damagemsgs=1
    show_damage_log=1

0 equals "off" and 1 equals "on."
    There is no [cheat] in the cfs2.cfg file.
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by John Pirnie View Post
    There is no [cheat] in the cfs2.cfg file.
    JP
    You have to add it yourself John.

I don't know if it matters where you put it but I added mine right after the [Facilities] section as shown.

[FACILITIES]
    REGION=
    COUNTRY=
    STATE=
    CITY=
    GTL_BUTTON=4096
    [CHEATS]
    DAMAGEMSGS=1
    BOMB_TRAINER=1
    FREE_WARP=1

Geeeeeeeee..........

...I found mine 3/4's way down just before "joystick" and after "Training"

Quote Originally Posted by kwb737 View Post
    You have to add it yourself John.

I don't know if it matters where you put it but I added mine right after the [Facilities] section as shown.

[FACILITIES]
    REGION=
    COUNTRY=
    STATE=
    CITY=
    GTL_BUTTON=4096
    [CHEATS]
    DAMAGEMSGS=1
    BOMB_TRAINER=1
    FREE_WARP=1
    Thank, well said.
    I did OK!
    it works and thank you. I am the one that didn't understand. JP

Quote Originally Posted by John Pirnie View Post
    Thank, well said.
    I did OK!
    it works and thank you. I am the one that didn't understand. JP
    Your very welcome.

"Cheats" also appears under the CFO menu on the task bar at the top of the screen or when you press "alt." Load the CFO Weather utility/module.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    "Cheats" also appears under the CFO menu on the task bar at the top of the screen or when you press "alt." Load the CFO Weather utility/module.
    I installed it Shadow! Very nice, thank you!

Very interesting, thanks for the Information!

Could someone please explain the difference between "damagemsgs" and "damage_log"?

And something different: Is there a way to change the size of the "collision bubble"? In some aircraft I end in a fireball when I pass very close to another plane, but definitely do not collide.

Quote Originally Posted by skylane View Post

Could someone please explain the difference between "damagemsgs" and "damage_log"?

And something different: Is there a way to change the size of the "collision bubble"? In some aircraft I end in a fireball when I pass very close to another plane, but definitely do not collide.
    Skylane: Without delving into the realm of model files, a trick we used in online play is as follows. Take a look at the aircraft in question in the preview window, What you see is the approximate size of the collision bubble. Now go to the CFS2.cfg file in your main folder, open it and scroll down to the entries under [MULTIPLAYER]. Change the value for COLLISION_SECS from the stock 2 to minus 2 (-2) Close and save the CFS2.cfg and go back to preview window. The plane now fits the screen, inside the wingtip to inside the wingtip. This is your new collision bubble. The -2 value may change itself back so check it from time to time. NOTE: DO NOT set the CFS2.cfg to Read Only to lock in the setting or your campaigns will not work.

See how close these B-25s are in the screenshot? That would be impossible with the COLLISION_SECS set at +2. Twenty nine meters is center of mass to center of mass or approximately 95 feet, offset at a 45 degree angle. Doing the math for a right triangle the distance wingtip to fuselage is 67 ft. The real world wingspan of a B-25H is about 67ft. We have even gotten closer - 62.3 ft - without exploding. Remember, the collision bubble is a sphere, so the vertical distance or width is the same as the horizontal.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Icon23 Run mdlc program

Quote Originally Posted by skylane View Post

Prove to run mdlc with the aircraft model.
    Cheers
    Mario
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sin título.jpg  

MDLC is kput in Win7

Ivan Hsu's MDLC is a great tool, and I used it a few times with no trouble when I ran XP. However, I found I couldn't run it Win7. It kept coming up with "Conversion Failed".

Quote Originally Posted by Worthless View Post
    Ivan Hsu's MDLC is a great tool, and I used it a few times with no trouble when I ran XP. However, I found I couldn't run it Win7. It kept coming up with "Conversion Failed".
    A good point to keep in mind. I have win7 too and was about to do a search for MDLC.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Thank you for the explanation, SW!
    This is exactly what I was looking for!

Icon28

My pic is in a win7 system!!! U mean it cant run on 64 bit system?? Just run it on virtual box.
    cheers
    Mario

SOH-CM-2020

mdlc on windows 7 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by misson View Post
    My pic is in a win7 system!!! U mean it cant run on 64 bit system?? Just run it on virtual box.
    cheers
    Mario
    Hi Mario,

could you give a bit more detail on how you got that to run please? On my Win 7 64 box I have set both mk_mdlc and mdlc to run as administartor and in Win XP sp3 mode, but I always get a message telling me that mdlc.exe cannot start or run on a 64 bit system.

Thanks,

Steve

Icon28

Quote Originally Posted by SW View Post
    Hi Mario,

could you give a bit more detail on how you got that to run please? On my Win 7 64 box I have set both mk_mdlc and mdlc to run as administartor and in Win XP sp3 mode, but I always get a message telling me that mdlc.exe cannot start or run on a 64 bit system.

Thanks,

Steve
    Sorry but win7 is 32bit version. A good friend mine (system engineer) says it should run well using the virtual box, runing other windows 32bit version into ur win 64bits version. But i wonder to my self if mdlc tool was made really for 32bits or 16bits. So in such case , i really dont know if it should work also.
    Cheers
    Mario

By the way , did u try to make a partition and install the 32bit version?

Win 7 64bit can not run 16bit programs. MDLC.exe it self it a 16bit DOS command line interface. MK_MDLC.exe is a nice 32bit interface. MK_MDLC interface will run fine but soon as you try to use any of the options it will show the "mdlc.exe cannot start or run on a 64 bit system."

SOH-CM-2020

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by misson View Post
    Sorry but win7 is 32bit version. A good friend mine (system engineer) says it should run well using the virtual box, runing other windows 32bit version into ur win 64bits version. But i wonder to my self if mdlc tool was made really for 32bits or 16bits. So in such case , i really dont know if it should work also.
    Cheers
    Mario

By the way , did u try to make a partition and install the 32bit version?
    Thanks Mario. No I haven't tried a dual boot, too much trouble just to get the odd program working!

cheers,

Steve

Too bad such a useful utility can't be updated or modified some way to work on windows 7 64bit systems. Kind of leaves us with that system out in the cold. Real shame.

Has no one done any work with any of the emulators/virtual box/DOS boxes?

Icon27

Quote Originally Posted by kwb737 View Post
    Too bad such a useful utility can't be updated or modified some way to work on windows 7 64bit systems. Kind of leaves us with that system out in the cold. Real shame.
    Like iŽve suggested, we must install virtualbox or other program Virtual machine (where previously we have to assign a x memory in the HD) then install into such space a windows (any) 32bits and then run mdlc with virtual box.

Second choice , and surely it will work, to make a partition in the HD and install any windows 32 bits.

I cant make the try , cause I said before , my windows is 32 bits.

If you run Mk-mdlc into virtual box without instal a windows 32bit, surely it will not work!

Good luck friends, after all some day , iŽll have the same problem.
    Cheers
    Mario

Members who have read this thread: 1