Aeroplane Heaven new Grumman F3F-2! - Page 5
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven new Grumman F3F-2!

that shot is ice cold mate...beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Ok, I'm bored. What's next? ;-)
    no joke, one of the best screenshots i have ever seen....bravo zulu.

DVJ : umm. thats really nice. Really nice.

falcon409: Can you email me ( help@aeroplaneheaven.com ) on what you were doing to get the offer expired thing if you don't mind? Haven't seen that error before.

To all : I'll be adding this to the FAQ a little later but some help on the whole "5% discount if you spread the word thing".

I have a similar problem on firefox. This is because I have locked down my privacy on firefox. I have turned off peer connections ( webrtc leak vulnerability ) . I run Ghostery so all trackers and social tracking are being blocked. My cookies are only set for the originating server. I also run adblock with some custom rules. And that is the issue. Running a less secure browser like chrome and the social discount works. So you have 2 choices I reckon. Temporarily disable your privacy/security settings and complete the process and then re-enable the settings. Or use another browser that you keep less secure for things like this. I hasten to add that the site is tested on all browsers except opera ( though vivaldi looks to be a nice update ).

And I'll be adding to the FAQ the Vendor v AH release timing information.

Coming home...

Thanks Aeroplane Heaven...

-- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Background noise

Whenever I load the plane and all is turned off I have a continual background roar.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tom

Sounds like you have your environment setting too high in the sound drop down.

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    Whenever I load the plane and all is turned off I have a continual background roar.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Tom
    Actually the first time I loaded the F3F and started the engine I had a loud roar in the VC which wasn't present when I went to the exterior view. I reloaded the VC and it was still there so I hit the "Q" key to shut off the sound, hit it again and the roar was gone. Later, while in flight the roar returned while in the exterior view. . .I cycled the "Q" key again and the roar was gone. Prior to loading the airplane I had already turned down both the Engine and Cockpit sounds to "10". No idea where that loud roar was coing from.

Interesting. We'll stick it on a patch list for later.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Thanks Aeroplane Heaven...

Very nice indeed. Did you make the trap?

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Yep. Real tricky keeping an eye on the deck. Had to move the eye point on one trap, and used an external view on the second trap. Take off was tricky as well when the plane wants to veer to the left if too much power is applied.

BTW - I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on era scenery for the F3F? I found this one for Moffett Field, but was wondering if there might be others.

-- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

+2 I did...Yanko CV6 Enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Yep. Real tricky keeping an eye on the deck. Had to move the eye point on one trap, and used an external view on the second trap. Take off was tricky as well when the plane wants to veer to the left if too much power is applied.

BTW - I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on era scenery for the F3F? I found this one for Moffett Field, but was wondering if there might be others.

As I was landing at Moffett field (Same scenery) and I made my approach (Same texture) , parts of the runway were evaporating. Strange.
    Last edited by gray eagle; April 17th, 2015 at 08:06.

Bombs on F3F

I read the manual and I did not see any thing about functional bomb drops; I guess the bombs where just eye candy......

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    As I was landing at Moffett field (Same scenery) and I made my approach (Same texture) , parts of the runway were evaporating. Strange.
    I've seen similar in some sceneries where the flatten was missing.

EU sales

So people bought it on the 15th,it is now the 17th and pc aviator and fspilotshop do not have it listed.

Have us europeans done something wrong.

As an Englishman i am totally pi**ed of with this launch.

Cheers Chris

No.. I've been looking for 2 days now. Just this evening, I bought the Virtavia Thud instead.. a snip at $12AUS FSPS have Aeroplane Heaven listed as a manufacturer but the latest they have is the Swift.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Actually the first time I loaded the F3F and started the engine I had a loud roar in the VC which wasn't present when I went to the exterior view. I reloaded the VC and it was still there so I hit the "Q" key to shut off the sound, hit it again and the roar was gone. Later, while in flight the roar returned while in the exterior view. . .I cycled the "Q" key again and the roar was gone. Prior to loading the airplane I had already turned down both the Engine and Cockpit sounds to "10". No idea where that loud roar was coing from.
    Interesting. We'll stick it on a patch list for later.

If you still have a roar sound when engine is shut down, try this... "minimum_speed=15.00" or any speed setting you like. Also, I change to c4wind4.wav that was in the F3F sound folder.

Located in the F3F sound folder in the sound.cfg file.

// Wind Sounds __________________________________________________ ______________

[WIND_SOUND]
    filename=c4wind4
    flags=0
    viewpoint=1
    rparams=16.000000,0.660000,120.000000,0.910000
    vparams=0.000000,0.000000,15.500000,7.200000,80.30 0003,14.800000,130.899994,20.400000,160.800003,30. 600000,190.699997,35.200001,210.199997,40.799999,2 40.000000,42.000000
    minimum_speed=15.00

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Thanks Ted. . .In the meantime I sent you and Baz a PM with a link to an audio/video file that allows you to hear the sound I'm getting. Thought it might help nail down the culprit.

Got it late last night thru the Facebook page and had about an hour to check it out so far. Let me start by saying I was REALLY looking forward to this as I have always loved this plane ever since I put together the Monogram plastic kit as a child. But honestly, as of this release, I'm not really impressed. I have missing prop textures, lighting switches that won't toggle, prop speed won't unlock or move, the problem others have with the LOUD environment sounds, etc. I might try to re-install but it seemed like the install went fine and I even rebooted my machine before I loaded FSX to try it so I don't think that's the problem. Bottom line, for the money it's OK I guess but I would have rather spent more for a little more quality. I hope AH can get things fixed but it's already in the maintenance hangar as far as I'm concerned...and that's a shame.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Thanks Ted. . .In the meantime I sent you and Baz a PM with a link to an audio/video file that allows you to hear the sound I'm getting. Thought it might help nail down the culprit.
    Those are some big waves on the Bounty! Looking for the sound file.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by imn2sims View Post
    Got it late last night thru the Facebook page and had about an hour to check it out so far. Let me start by saying I was REALLY looking forward to this as I have always loved this plane ever since I put together the Monogram plastic kit as a child. But honestly, as of this release, I'm not really impressed. I have missing prop textures, lighting switches that won't toggle, prop speed won't unlock or move, the problem others have with the LOUD environment sounds, etc. I might try to re-install but it seemed like the install went fine and I even rebooted my machine before I loaded FSX to try it so I don't think that's the problem. Bottom line, for the money it's OK I guess but I would have rather spent more for a little more quality. I hope AH can get things fixed but it's already in the maintenance hangar as far as I'm concerned...and that's a shame.

Steve
    OK firstly I'd really like it if you could contact the help desk if you haven't already. We don't build individual products that can go wrong. The product you bought is the very same that say Falcon bought or Warhorse who appear to be having a lot of fun.

Do these guys have missing prop textures? I would doubt it. All the light switches function the way they should. The prop control needs to be unlocked by right click turning and then used to push in or out. Does anybody else have a problem with this feature? The environment sounds are being looked at and once we have a solution we will supply it.

For proper operation of the controls and switches it is important to read the manual.

If there are "serious"problems like you can't operate the prop lever, then there is a problem elsewhere.

Thanks for buying, I hope she does come out of the hangar soon, there's a lot of fun in there.

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Those are some big waves on the Bounty! Looking for the sound file.
    . . . .lol, already sent, sorry 'bout that!

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    So people bought it on the 15th,it is now the 17th and pc aviator and fspilotshop do not have it listed.

Have us europeans done something wrong.

As an Englishman i am totally pi**ed of with this launch.

Cheers Chris
    I am so sorry this is happening but as many other devs will confirm, these shops are VERY slow to post new product. We uploaded two days ago and I would have thought that it woud be there by now. We cannot control this and there is nothing we can do other than not sell with them but the alternatives are not good either.

I promise I will follow up but they usually quote up to 48 hours as a normal "seeding" time.

As an Englishman myself, I sympathise but we did not make the EU rulings. Maybe its time for the UK to leave.

Obviously we are going to have to delay the launch of future product until theses stores are "stocked".

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    +2 I did...Yanko CV6 Enterprise

Does anybody think there might be a viewpoint we could put in as a camera to aid with trapping? We do have a view down the right nose already but maybe some of you carrier types have some thoughts? We could put new views in in a small patch with the sound fix.

Well most of these stores are really only parasites.FSpilotshop charges for renewals simmarket recently was very rude to me over a lionheart product but it still remains that the developers if they want loyalty must keep the customer informed.I have all A2As products and their support forum and products should be used as an example to other developers.
    Still no sign of a downloadable product.When can we expect the dove which I was Most looking forward too.

Cheers Chris

Members who have read this thread: 5