Aeroplane Heaven new Grumman F3F-2! - Page 9
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven new Grumman F3F-2!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    It's up at PC Aviator!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

At last! It only took four days...! Or was it five?
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    It's up at PC Aviator!
    It is! Thanks for info!

http://www.pcaviator.com/store/manuf...facturerid=187

Globe Swift is present here too.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Barrel of Fun!!!

Doing some flying for once.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Bought!!!

Eagerly awaiting the end of the download to try this baby out!

Johan

Just finished the download!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Finally got it.
    Cheers Chris

Yup.. me too though I don't know why.. I don't particularly like it (the F3F that is) I'm a sucker for anything 'Navy'.. that's the truth of the matter

I'm not sure about the paint I tried.. the blue scheme. The reflection off the model gave it a sort of 'candy apple' look if that makes sense. Still.. nothing broke and I did an absolute greaser first landing This was on RNAS Culdrose 1830m runway mind.. how the hell you actually get to SEE a carrier is another matter. It'd be a nice option to bin that dive-bombing sight in the interest of preserving pilots lives!!gggggggg

ATB
    DaveB

Also bought it!
    Love the wobbling exhaust :-)

Off to enjoy putting it through it's paces,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Any propositions for carriers from this period?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Y'all couldn't wait until 'ten off Tuesday' tomorrow.....?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Also bought it!
    Love the wobbling exhaust :-)

Off to enjoy putting it through it's paces,
    Mark
    Oh yeah.. I love that too

Re 10-off..
    I never use PCA.. I use PCA.au instead. Didn't realise PCA (non-Ozz) did this as well. In fact.. I've been looking on PCA.au for the F3F since it's release only to realise today that it's on the other one!!!

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Y'all couldn't wait until 'ten off Tuesday' tomorrow.....?
    suspense beats a few cents....

Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

There is some beautifully rendered radial engine detail hidden by the cowl. Any possibility to have cowl panel removal option in the future?

Superb shot.

PC Aviator is on line, apparently FS PilotShop is due tomorrow. They have both apologised for the delays as they were moving into new offices.

looks like the flood gates are finally open - nice screenie of the Barrel at Dux

it sure is a joy to fly...

TDR - nice start on the Gulfhawk - I guess I want that paint when its ready...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

bought it tried it

really nice not to say superb

Roland

Only thing a bit hard on FPS-( fluctuating )

Don't want to drag this thread OT but it's relevant to the F3F release.

Does anyone know what the relationship between PCAviator and PCAviator.au is?? I was switching between PCA.au and FSPS for days waiting for the F3F and in the end.. it turns up on PCA. I've had an email today from PCA.au reminding me of 10off Tuesday and there's the F3F and Swift on the page!! It wasn't there yesterday and Aeroplane Heaven weren't listed as 'Manufactureres' I'm a bit miffed because I registered at PCA yesterday (didn't have an account) and wouldn't have bothered had I known it would appear at PCA.au who are used to taking lots of my money For sure.. having an account at one store doesn't crossover to the other store.
    Just curious.

BOT
    ATB
    DaveB

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Unlike the others, the markings seem basically correct. On this one it's the base color that's completely wrong. It's gray, when all real F3Fs were silver, at least until the advent of camouflage.

The other screenies show markings that make the planes appear to have been made up of pieces of several different aircraft glued together in some kind of Frankenliveries.

Then there's the ones that paint the plane in the markings of squadrons that never flew the type, like VF-7, which only flew the very different looking -1 version, with its completely different nose, tail and cockpit enclosure.

Did they paint it in Army colors this time? Last time they even painted it in Army colors!

You'd think a payware publisher would feel some sort of obligation to get it right, but apparently not.
    They were not silver so much as polished aluminum Mick. The wings and fabric surfaces were silver doped lacquer, with the upper wing chrome yellow. Note that the chrome-yellow was also on the leading edge of the underside of the upper wing also. Don't worry Mick, I got your huckleberry. While colors for simulation can never be correct, I use SimmersPaintShop for my swatches, they are invaluable to any skinner. Yes, is was OD over NG last time, I corrected that on those.
    The Marine example at Pensacola was paint LG for protection, but it is hard to tell what color it was when they pulled it out of the water. I did two renditions, one polished aluminum and one LG.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    bought it tried it

really nice not to say superb

Roland

Only thing a bit hard on FPS-( fluctuating )
    I don't see any fluctuation in FPS, but I do have an instant of render lag when switching views, I have a momentary black disc for a propeller..unless I double pump the F9 key.
    I like the way the spinning prop looks as it is modeled, just wish my Intel I5 chip could manage it better
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    They were not silver so much as polished aluminum Mick. The wings and fabric surfaces were silver doped lacquer, with the upper wing chrome yellow. Note that the chrome-yellow was also on the leading edge of the underside of the upper wing also. Don't worry Mick, I got your huckleberry. While colors for simulation can never be correct, I use SimmersPaintShop for my swatches, they are invaluable to any skinner. Yes, is was OD over NG last time, I corrected that on those.

The Marine example at Pensacola was paint LG for protection, but it is hard to tell what color it was when they pulled it out of the water. I did two renditions, one polished aluminum and one LG.
    Exactly. Based on the same aircraft at Pensacola, although I haven't done alphas and bumps yet on this one. Added more detail. Also, need to resize the Lion/Globe a little larger.

Partial work on the left side (rivet/panels).

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

good research is critical...

I decided it was important to find a nice F4F to go with my new F3F....and don't you know there is one - same developer, its available from JustFlight...

like peas and carrots...
    enter..the Sandman

Formation over NAS Miramar

Heywood, Your photos ^ gave me some inspiration/idea for these. Yup, my wildcat is from JF too.

Members who have read this thread: 5