Aeroplane Heaven new Grumman F3F-2! - Page 14
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven new Grumman F3F-2!

We are currently uploading an upgrade for current owners. This will include texture changes and improvements, sounds changes and more. New buyers will receive this automatically of course, once it is up at the vendor sites.

If you are modifying anything on your current package, please make sure you back up any files you have changed BEFORE INSTALLING the upgrade.

I WILL POST AGAIN WHEN THE UPGRADE IS AVAILABLE

Excellent!! Is there a chance this will be available sometime today at your site?

Thanks,
    Steve

A very good chance, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    A very good chance, yes.
    Where on you site will we find this patch?

Like the Globe Swift, there will be appropriate links.

Just updated our own customers ( we love you all equally but only in a platonic way mind you ) so they should receive their links in their email inboxes. The vendors have been notified and the files been uploaded to their servers. We're working on a new idea/layout section on the product pages so it will be easier for people to check updates/upgrades/offers with their products, that isnt online just yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    Just updated our own customers ( we love you all equally but only in a platonic way mind you ) so they should receive their links in their email inboxes. . . . . .
    Yep got it in the e-mail and updating this evening.

What version is the update supposed to be? All I am getting from the Email links is V1.0?

Quote Originally Posted by gradyhappyg View Post
    What version is the update supposed to be? All I am getting from the Email links is V1.0?
    I am as well. I thought I'd be getting just an update and not the whole blooming program again.

The package has not updated at the remote server. It is going up right now so check again soon please. It is called AH_Grumman_F3F_2_V1_1.zip
    Make sure you have this exact file.

The update package is an industry standard way of updating a product. If we just supplied the bits that have changed, can you imagine the mountain of emails and report requests we would get from people not understanding how to update individual files?

If, however, you want to go the old-school way and hand install the changed files only, you can always install the update to a new folder, say on your desktop, and move the files over to your existing installation from there.

If you have not modified anything, the update will just install over your existing files and you are good to go. If you have altered something or added another paint for example, you should back up that (those) files somewhere just in case. We have tested the installer and it leaves additional files alone but for safety's sake you should always back up as a matter of course.

Yes thanks BAZZ just checked again and am downloading V1.1 Now.

We are currently uploading an upgrade for current owners. This will include texture changes and improvements, sounds changes and more. New buyers will receive this automatically of course, once it is up at the vendor sites.

If you are modifying anything on your current package, please make sure you back up any files you have changed BEFORE INSTALLING the upgrade.

I WILL POST AGAIN WHEN THE UPGRADE IS AVAILABLE
    Wow, nice! TY.
    @bazzar I did small correction of this VC view. It's included or this "old" version?

Good to see the pilot in new position .

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Bazzar... what's the position as far as getting the update if you bought it from flightsim.com? The installer there still seems to be saying ver 1.0
    BTW This is a great little plane and a lot of fun to use.

YoYo ... looking forward to that paint of yours being available. Where will you be uploading it?

Matt

Hi Matt, Pilotshop have been sent V1.1. As you'll know by now, they are not the fastest out of the traps but you should get an email notification from them soon.

Hi Bazzar,

I finally got the update earlier this AM, thanks. Now last night I received an email from your outfit inviting me to download this update, it stated what some of the changes were.

Aeroplane Heaven Grumman F3F-2 UPDATE

A revised version is now available with several small bugs fixed and improvements added such as revised sound, gloss paint texture improvements and more.
    The package includes a complimentary extra livery for a US Army Air Corps version.

Current owners will find the new upgrade well worthwhile downloading. New purchasers will receive the new version automatically when they download.

Now, I know there is a new livery and a new view from the cockpit, gloss paint improvements.. Other then that, can you please tell me what were the other improvements were?
    Now sure if I hear what the sound improvements are. I did have to take out the whine.wav (again).

The following was posted by TUFUN and I wonder if it is still applicable:

If you still have a roar sound when engine is shut down, try this... "minimum_speed=15.00" or any speed setting you like. Also, I change to c4wind4.wav that was in the F3F sound folder.

Located in the F3F sound folder in the sound.cfg file.

// Wind Sounds __________________________________________________ ______________

[WIND_SOUND]
    filename=c4wind4
    flags=0
    viewpoint=1
    rparams=16.000000,0.660000,120.000000,0.910000
    vparams=0.000000,0.000000,15.500000,7.200000,80.30 0003,14.800000,130.899994,20.400000,160.800003,30. 600000,190.699997,35.200001,210.199997,40.799999,2 40.000000,42.000000
    minimum_speed=15.00

When I took out the whine.wav, there was no more roars or what ever sound when shutdown.
    Thanks.

Wires in view

I do notice that when in the take off view and looking aft, you can see where the wires are not attached to anything.

However, in spot view you can see that the wires are fastened to a pole atop the vertical stab.

In PC Aviator I see still 1.0v.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I do notice that when in the take off view and looking aft, you can see where the wires are not attached to anything.

However, in spot view you can see that the wires are fastened to a pole atop the vertical stab.
    Its a optional view only for taxi, takeoff and landing (front view). VC view has a simplify external model always.
    Last edited by YoYo; April 30th, 2015 at 12:44.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    YoYo ... looking forward to that paint of yours being available. Where will you be uploading it?

Matt
    Thx for your interest. It will be on Avsim and FlightSim but not uploaded yet. I think the skin is finished now, just Id like to test it with 1.1 v. of F3F-2. With new spec and alpha effects:

YoYo she looks absolutely fabulous man. Excellent work.

We don't list all the mods because many are subtle and do not affect a buying decision for example. We just go over the model(s) and adjust what we missed or don't like and incorporate the best of any suggestions. Of course, as a commercial release, we are duty bound to update any glaring faults but really, at less than $20, the depth and number of upgrades must be controlled.

We must also be careful with our time. There are only so many hours in a day.

YoYo she looks absolutely fabulous man. Excellent work.
    I second bazzar's comment. Nice markings, and the shiny aluminum really looks great. That's pretty much the look I was trying to get on Paul Clawson's Northrop BT-1 a while back. Gonna have another go at it since seeing your work, I never got it right the first time around.

We must also be careful with our time. There are only so many hours in a day.
    Not to mention, that there's a certain twin in the making that's also eagerly anticipated!!!
    Jim Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    In PC Aviator I see still 1.0v.

Its a optional view only for taxi, takeoff and landing (front view). VC view has a simplify external model always.
    Yeah but what about the right wire view where the antenna is not attached to the vert stab, is that an optional view also?
    In other words, there is no intention to fix it, so unless you can, then delete those views. Am I correct in assuming that?

Right wire view

Paint kit

Where do I find the paint kit?

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Where do I find the paint kit?
    open the zip file and see the aircraft installers, the manual, and the paint kit....no?
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Members who have read this thread: 5