Aeroplane Heaven new Grumman F3F-2!
Page 1 of 22 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven new Grumman F3F-2!

Aeroplane Heaven new Grumman F3F-2!

Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Awesome! Looks better and will sound better too!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Fantastic news!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Outstanding! A definate buy for me. I just love those old Grummans.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grumman Barrel.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	20902

..and then I read " release is highly expected to be in March"

pretty smart coming to market with 1 ready and 2 on deck winners set to go

btw - anyone knows which is the best straight deck carrier available?...think I might need that

WooooT

enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Well after 12 years we couldn't not have an F3F in the house. It was always a matter of time and priorities.
    I will say though that a BIG thankyou needs to go to TuFun for his work on our old freeware barrel, stirling stuff and enough to kick start our production into gear.

Wonderful news Bazzar. I'll certainly buy that one.

Heywoood: Vertigo do a payware USS Enterprise, and there's a pretty reasonable free one from here.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post

Heywoood: Vertigo do a payware USS Enterprise, and there's a pretty reasonable free one from here.
    I was aware of the Vertigo model but not the free one - thank you D
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Great choice!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

A few weeks back, in response to my "welcome back" post, Bazzar said AH would be re-visiting some past offerings. I sure didn't expect anything this soon! Very pleased to see an updated F3F. Thanks in advance, Baz and crew.

Excellent news!!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Looks already great Bazz!

Huub

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post

Trying to convert the CV6 to use with AI Carriers. So far, I see it on the menu screen but it doesn't show up in the water.
    I get a create objects failed (in red) on the top of my screen.

I made a sim.cfg file
    It has effects, so far just left that folder as is and copied the whole CV6 folder over to BOATS and did as best as I know how.

I know I have had it working in the past. I'll reinstall and see how.

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    ..and then I read " release is highly expected to be in March"

pretty smart coming to market with 1 ready and 2 on deck winners set to go

btw - anyone knows which is the best straight deck carrier available?...think I might need that

WooooT

March 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Well after 12 years we couldn't not have an F3F in the house. It was always a matter of time and priorities.
    I will say though that a BIG thankyou needs to go to TuFun for his work on our old freeware barrel, stirling stuff and enough to kick start our production into gear.

Why thanks Baz! It was worth it to get a P3Dv2 version!!! I seemed to have that effect since another individual came out of retirement after working on another model.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

You are a good catalyst indeed !!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Gray eagle: OK - got it. This is quick and could probably use some tweaking, but it definitely works:

(i) put the folder in Boats. I named it USS Enterprise cv6

(ii) create a new sim.cfg for it:

[fltsim.0]
    title=USS_Enterprise_CV6
    model=
    texture=

[General]
    category=Boat

[contact_points]
    static_pitch=0.0 //degrees, pitch when at rest on the ground (+=Up, -=Dn)
    static_cg_height=0.0 //feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground

[DesignSpecs]
    max_speed_mph = 50
    acceleration_constants = 0.5, 0.4 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
    deceleration_constants = 0.3, 0.3 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
    SternPosition = 90

[Effects]
    wake = fx_wake_xl

(This is the Flying Stations Victorious 1940 with a new title line)

(iii) add a formation to aicarriers.cfg:

[formation.xx]
    title=USS Enterprise
    unit.0=USS_Enterprise_CV6, 0, 0,

The effects go into the main effects, and the old aircraft.cfg can probably be discarded. The category doesn't need editing to Boats. All that's needed is model, texture and sim.cfg. I think your problem came when you called it a boat, as it was intended as a flyable aircraft.

Hope this helps,

David

EDIT On reflection, the effects won't do a lot unless they are called up, so the LIGHTS and SMOKE sections from the original aircraft.cfg should probably be included in the new sim.cfg
    Last edited by dhasdell; March 13th, 2015 at 09:13. Reason: Second thought

Heywoood: Another straight deck carrier is the old Paul Clawson USS Saratoga, tweaked for FSX to make it move. I haven't installed it yet, but it includes lines for use with aicarriers.cfg, so presumably it works with that program.

oho, that brings back fond memories of the Monogram kit I made years and years ago. If I recall correctly, you had to pull out the prop a bit and then turn it to make the landing gear extend. So cool...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Very much looking forward to it, and VERY surprised to hear that it's apparently coming out in just a couple weeks? (per the FB page..."March sometime")
    May we also assume that the Dove is due to be released this month as well, considering that it seems to be much, much further along?

Additionally, will the systems of the F3F (or really any of the upcoming products) be somewhat advanced in terms of engine management or otherwise, or are they based on default logic and capabilities?

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    March 2016?

March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Very much looking forward to it, and VERY surprised to hear that it's apparently coming out in just a couple weeks? (per the FB page..."March sometime")
    May we also assume that the Dove is due to be released this month as well, considering that it seems to be much, much further along?

Additionally, will the systems of the F3F (or really any of the upcoming products) be somewhat advanced in terms of engine management or otherwise, or are they based on default logic and capabilities?
    Our original F3F-2 was built 12 years ago and for a simulator that barely handled clickable cockpits. Let alone any "systems".
    This one will have the bells and whistles required by todat's virtual pilots.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Our original F3F-2 was built 12 years ago and for a simulator that barely handled clickable cockpits. Let alone any "systems".
    This one will have the bells and whistles required by todat's virtual pilots.
    Yes, I remember getting much enjoyment out of the original, though I am speaking of the realities of the situation today, which is why I'm asking. I appreciate the response (though it is cryptic), and am looking forward to this and future products such as the Dove (though I do notice that addressing the Dove's status was avoided, so hopefully that's not indicative of any development issues).

Members who have read this thread: 4