Aeroplane Heaven new Grumman F3F-2! - Page 16
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven new Grumman F3F-2!

Now people will write asking why we don't have bumps on the cowling!
    That made me laugh

I'm not sure if this was the plan (I guess it was) but the update from PCA wasn't an update as such.. it was a full download. V1.1 appears to be working as prescribed. I noticed a hole in the fuse in one of the camera views (VC-down-right .. probably mentioned here before) but it's not a problem (for me). The new 'higher' landing view works ok. Didn't think it was going to but it does.

ATB
    DaveB

VF-3 "Felix the Cat" would make a good "what-if" paint job for the F3F-2, as in what if VF-3 had upgraded to -2's instead of keeping their original -1's into 1940. Let somebody else paint it, so the rivet-counters don't complain that AH is putting bogus colors on their products.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Looking good there mate. There should be a nice shiny upgrade waiting when you get back. Have a good one.
    I'm back.... so what's the nice shiny upgrade?

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

Awesome shot there YoYo! Tailhook grabbing the wire!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    That made me laugh

I'm not sure if this was the plan (I guess it was) but the update from PCA wasn't an update as such.. it was a full download. V1.1 appears to be working as prescribed. I noticed a hole in the fuse in one of the camera views (VC-down-right .. probably mentioned here before) but it's not a problem (for me). The new 'higher' landing view works ok. Didn't think it was going to but it does.

ATB
    DaveB
    Yep, its a full download file, not a patch only. You must uninstall the old version in the first.
    Every model for FSX/P3D has a two 3D external models always. This from VC has simplified 3D external model for better FPS and not as accurate like second external model (btw. check this post too: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post950589 to the end).

Btw. something for desktop wallpaper (full resolution 2560x1440):

download (6Mb): https://www.sendspace.com/file/h37gmh

Preview.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Skins are ready for download:

VMF-2 Marnie Corps:
    Avsim: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?...acrp&Go=Search
    FlightSim: not yet

VF-6 Navy:
    Avsim: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?...acrp&Go=Search
    FlightSim: not yet
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks YoYo... looking forward to trying these out

Matt

Cold cabin

Hi,

after my first flight I started wondering, why my feet are cold.

Seems that the cabin is slightly leaky.

Is there a way to fix this?

best regards

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Panel leak F3F.jpg  

Back to work!

Refining the panels, rivets, and added oil plugs. Wheel wells needs work and then to the left side and top area. This is for v.1 only.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian1943 View Post
    Hi,

after my first flight I started wondering, why my feet are cold.

Seems that the cabin is slightly leaky.

Is there a way to fix this?

best regards

I never noticed that. I hope that those holes will be fixed in a future patch or correction.

Yo g-e

I noticed the lower holes yesterday after installing v1.1 (they're on the other side too). I'm sure I didn't notice them on v1. Mentioned this in my post above

ATB
    DaveB

Never fly with my head in the seat pan. Explore enough and you will find gaps everywhere. The models are optimised for higher frame rates. Common games building practice.

Appreciate the higher frames bazzar but not used to seeing daylight when panning down to find a switch. It doesn't bother me in the grand scale of things but as long as it stays like this.. it will always be thought of as slightly defective. If you move the eyepoint and get yourself into unusual situations, you expect to see odd things happening but not just panning down.. unless you're Patty Wagstaff Best there are no holes in the Dove!!!

ATB
    DaveB

There's a bloody huge one above your head in the Devon.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Yo g-e

I noticed the lower holes yesterday after installing v1.1 (they're on the other side too). I'm sure I didn't notice them on v1. Mentioned this in my post above

ATB
    DaveB
    I couldn't get in the contorted position to see those "Holes" that you did. I tried but I'd have to try hard to find them.

There's a bloody huge one above your head in the Devon.
    I hope not bazzar..

This is Devon G-DHDV
    ATB
    DaveB

That's not the Devon you're looking for Luke... Try a C20...and the RNZAF Devons....

That's not the Devon you're looking for Luke... Try a C20...and the RNZAF Devons....
    lol, I think I actually read that first part as Obi Wan, lol.

This VC stuff can be a trap for young players. We are modelling as close as possible to the original type cockpits of the original aircraft. The original Devons had perspex roofs and a small overhead panel directly beneath the cock's comb aeriel. Later versions had the solid cockpit roof but even then it was some time before any vestige of a roof pane was used.

Wandering off topic but here's a pic of the Devon cockpit so far....

What a beauty Baz. Very nice!!

YoYo's repaints are up at Flightsim.com

Thank you YoYo
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

This VC stuff can be a trap for young players. We are modelling as close as possible to the original type cockpits of the original aircraft. The original Devons had perspex roofs and a small overhead panel directly beneath the cock's comb aeriel. Later versions had the solid cockpit roof but even then it was some time before any vestige of a roof pane was used.

Wandering off topic but here's a pic of the Devon cockpit so far....
    Sri bazzar.. no more Devon (or Dove). That does look great though and of course, you're on the money with the history. The Mk2's were pretty much full Mk8 spec after being retro fitted

Now.. for some new F3F paints me thinks. Nice one Yo-Yo
    ATB
    DaveB

Very nice Yo-Yo

ATB
    DaveB

Which Enterprise, DaveB?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Hi Dave

It's the driveable CV6 available here in the library. I binned all the non-essential stuff and robbed the sim.cfg off another (similar) carrier. Bob's your uncle.. AI CV6 I've had it for ages but never looked at it. Didn't realise it was driveable until I opened the zip Not sure if it has wires but to be honest.. you don't really need them with the F3F.
    ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 5