Aeroplane Heaven new Grumman F3F-2! - Page 12
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven new Grumman F3F-2!

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    If you want some true period carriers to do carrier ops from. (only for the purist out there)
    You might want to get the Coral Sea and Midway packs from SimV. Lexington comes with the CS pack,
    and Yorktown and Enterprise in Midway. With a hull and deck number change you could make Lex look
    like Saratoga. You could also pick up Langley from the same developer as above packs from SimV.
    The only pre-war USN carrier not made for Flightsim is USS Ranger.

Joe
    Cheers Joe
    Believe it or not, I have most if not all of those already. I'd not seen the carrier from the Mustang Tales set and this seemed like a good opportunity. A recent loss of all my AICarriers formations caused by an ASN update means I'm having to rebuild them from scratch. I've also moved to the .net version and said a happy farewell to Java
    ATB
    DaveB

I can't get rid of the bombs and it would seem that the pop-up should do this, however nothing I do removes the bombs. G'is us a clue
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I can't get rid of the bombs and it would seem that the pop-up should do this, however nothing I do removes the bombs. G'is us a clue
    Left of the seat, two white knobs, one's attached to a 'gear lever' assembly which you can use to select bombs. The other knob (Might have to move the viewpoint a little to the left to see it properly) drops the selected bomb(s).
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Using FSX or P3D??

Thanks guys! Using FsX.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

SOH-CM-2024
    Ditto Roger! All you get on the pop-up is a bomb cart when the plane is on the ground. I tried doing what TuFun suggested, but cannot find a second lever to release the bombs? "I don't know if there is a hotkey for the bomb release, but there is two levers on the left front side of the seat that is the bomb release. Move the top lever to the center to release both bombs and the lower lever is the release. Video shows the sequence." TuFun, BTW, could not see the video, as it is listed as Private.

YoYo, and all others, HOW DO YOU RELEASE THE BOMBS?

Caz

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post

To quote my previous post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Left of the seat, two white knobs, one's attached to a 'gear lever' assembly which you can use to select bombs. The other knob (Might have to move the viewpoint a little to the left to see it properly) drops the selected bomb(s).
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

A clear case of ****. For both FSX and modern sim users.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Ditto Roger! All you get on the pop-up is a bomb cart when the plane is on the ground. I tried doing what TuFun suggested, but cannot find a second lever to release the bombs? "I don't know if there is a hotkey for the bomb release, but there is two levers on the left front side of the seat that is the bomb release. Move the top lever to the center to release both bombs and the lower lever is the release. Video shows the sequence." TuFun, BTW, could not see the video, as it is listed as Private.

Caz
    Left front side of the seat pan are two white knobs. Shift the white knob to the center and then select the other white knob to drop bombs.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    A clear case of ****. For both FSX and modern sim users.
    I don't understand your logic, you ask the man what sim does he use then you tell him to ****. Why did you bother to ask if your help was only to retort with ****?
    I didn't know how to do this either but some kind soul helped me so, I am paying it forward......

Now, isn't this more helpful then gaffing someone off with ****. Do unto others is the "golden rule"; I believe it's still a timely adage in this day and age.

Edit: I guess Tufun came up with his video the same time as I was composing this.

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Tada, that did it Ferry, thanks. I could not see that white knob under the left front of the seat.

Caz

Ok guys.
    I decided to do missing (for me) view from pilot position with "moving chair". The new view is dedicated for takeoff and landing only. Firstly open a canopy. It looks like on this picture. Its a next view after default view from cocpit (dedicated for users of TrackIR especially - if You are a user of TiR - 2D settings panel with eyeview resets every time if You turn on TiR again). Use it if You like itand You need it .

Installation:
    Go to :\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\AH_GrummanF3F-2, open aircraft.cfg.
    Take to position [CameraDefinition.001] and change every CameraDefinition one more. For example 001 - set to 002, 002 set to 003 ect.
    After this back too 002 and before it put this blue bold text only (the rest is example how it must look):

[CameraDefinition.001]
    Title = "TakeOff & Landing view"
    Guid = {660dce0d-17bb-4041-9d20-76a753bc21ac}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = no
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = YES
    AllowZoom = No
    InitialZoom = 0.5
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    InitialXyz=0.0, 0.26, -0.12
    InitialPbh=15, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.002]
    Title = "Right Wires"
    Guid = {BBBC7CA2-FB78-4c24-A02E-B5B56811FCEF}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = Yes
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = YES
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.30
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    InitialXyz=0.5, -0.09, -0.1
    InitialPbh=5, 0, 20

[CameraDefinition.003]
    Title = "Radios"
    Guid = {26767370-5BFD-43ff-98B9-FCB5718E0034}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = Yes
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = FALSE
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.40
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    InitialXyz=-0.15, -0.2, 0
    InitialPbh=0, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.004]
    Title = "Electrical Panels"
    Guid = {9265BA83-D8B6-4f0f-B6E4-0497869C34BA}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = Yes
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = FALSE
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.4
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    InitialXyz=0.0, -0.35, 0
    InitialPbh=25, 0, 70

[CameraDefinition.005]
    Title = "Left console"
    Guid = {5463B33C-610F-4d65-932F-8EF424E05803}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = Yes
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = FALSE
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.60
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    InitialXyz=0.2, 0.0, -0.15
    InitialPbh=40, 0, -45

//-----------------end.

Save it for sure. Use "A" key from VC view to see the result.

Btw. If You like it and AH will want to use it in the future patch - no any problems. Just idea to add this animation if canopy will be open, will be nice:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Hi Don, had it up once and it flew great, almost to pretty to fly though so I just sit and look at it now.
    Don't blame you. Especially since finding parts so hard now.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I started to working on HiRes new textures for F3F-2. If You like more dirty and used effects (weathering) on the plane this skin will be for You.
    Now I working about clean bare metal version. In the final it will be F3F-2 of U.S.Marines VMF-2, Captain C.A.Roberts from 1940. WiP.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Lovely textures Yoyo! Definitely interested!!!

Great work, Yoyo!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I'd be happy for a suggestion on this Ed. I don't have any difficulty landing her on a runway but for carriers.. it's a nightmare. Not tried her with TIR yet.
    ATB
    DaveB
    Here's the formula. It's easily done and you can make adjustments (especially to raise your eyepoint which are not reset if you change views and then come back to the VC) to your view up or down, fwd or backward, left or right.

Changing the eyepoint in Aircraft config:

First number moves the eyepoint fwd or backward. (higher numbers fwd)

second number moves the eyepoint left or right of center (higher numbers right)

third number moves the eyepoint up or down (higher numbers move up)

Cheers Ed.. appreciate that

ATB
    DaveB

Hey all, been following this plane since announced and bought it day one but still struggling to like it for several reasons. I'm not saying I'm sorry I bought it 'cause I'm not and I think at it's price point it is fine. I have the loud environment trouble some have but that's no big deal. The main thing I'm still struggling with is the sync of the engine sounds with what shows on the rpm gauge and that the prop pitch control in the cockpit doesn't move with my joystick analog lever(Yes it's unlocked). You can see the prop physically change pitch if the engine is off but the control never moves. Also the rpm gauge never goes above about 2600. I did uninstall re download and reinstall but made zero difference. Am I missing something???

Thanks

Steve

I can answer those.

1) The prop start coding is bespoke and is based on sim RPM. The engine RPM gauge can only reflect what the sim is saying the RPM is. It is what it is.
    2) The Wright Cylone is rated max at 2700 RPM. Props of this type are designed to maintain RPM irrespective of engine RPM.
    3) The prop pitch control in the VC is bespoke coding because of the locking system and will not respond properly to exterior inputs or keystrokes.

Hope this helps.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    The same problem like on my skin and default repaints (it will be solved in a patch too?). Antenas - sliver, black, silver ect. Where it is on the paintkit, anyone know?

Btw. WiP still. Some of historical accuracy :

Last edited by YoYo; April 26th, 2015 at 04:37.

Brand new Grumman just out of the paint shed. Alphas have been changed to reflect polished metal, painted metal and painted fabric. This plane served with VF-5 aboard the USS Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Brand new Grumman just out of the paint shed. Alphas have been changed to reflect polished metal, painted metal and painted fabric. This plane served with VF-5 aboard the USS Ranger.

Nice One

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    I can answer those.

1) The prop start coding is bespoke and is based on sim RPM. The engine RPM gauge can only reflect what the sim is saying the RPM is. It is what it is.
    2) The Wright Cylone is rated max at 2700 RPM. Props of this type are designed to maintain RPM irrespective of engine RPM.
    3) The prop pitch control in the VC is bespoke coding because of the locking system and will not respond properly to exterior inputs or keystrokes.

Hope this helps.
    Well I had to look up the meaning of bespoke but thanks for the answers. As far as #2 I hope you meant ".....irrespective of engine manifold pressure" since of course the engine and prop are directly connected. I'm warming up to the aircraft but still not wild about the engine sound with respect to rpm's. I had fun last night doing carrier traps and look forward to further development.

Steve

Members who have read this thread: 5