Aeroplane Heaven new Grumman F3F-2! - Page 7
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven new Grumman F3F-2!

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Just saw their promo video and the screenies above, and can't help noticing that, so many years after their first effort, they still haven't made any effort to produce authentic paint jobs. There were certainly plenty of squadrons that flew the type, and their liveries are thoroughly documented in photos, many in color. The markings system was simple and also well-documented. All the information is readily available from multiple easily-accessed sources. Apparently they just couldn't be bothered using it. How lazy is that?! Sad.
    I'll start on this one...

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post

Very nice Ted, looking forward to this one.
    Last edited by gray eagle; April 18th, 2015 at 15:37.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    What would happen if us Europeans tried to purchase via the AH site?? Will it reject the order when it finds out where we live?
    Yep...

Too bad AH don't do business with SimMarket, it would already be available..
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Cart start

Okay, I figured it out. When I select cart start #25, then I use the same bottom button to start the plane I hear the shotgun and then it starts. I guess when you select elect
    or cart start, the bottom start button is automatically configures as a elect/shotgun start. I had it set in elect start and lowered the #25 knob to manual start then tried the upper
    button and there is where I realized what was going on. That one lower start button acts as a duel purpose start button when you either select #25 to elect or manual start.
    That one start button acts as either elect/manual starter button based on which setting #25 is in was not clear enough for me to pick up on. The upper button is moot and will not
    function as a starter button. Don't know why two start button were needed when the bottom one will convert to a electric switch or manual when you select the type of start you want (#25).
    So I have had my Ah ha moment and all works well.

Unlike the others, the markings seem basically correct. On this one it's the base color that's completely wrong. It's gray, when all real F3Fs were silver, at least until the advent of camouflage.

The other screenies show markings that make the planes appear to have been made up of pieces of several different aircraft glued together in some kind of Frankenliveries.

Then there's the ones that paint the plane in the markings of squadrons that never flew the type, like VF-7, which only flew the very different looking -1 version, with its completely different nose, tail and cockpit enclosure.

Did they paint it in Army colors this time? Last time they even painted it in Army colors!

You'd think a payware publisher would feel some sort of obligation to get it right, but apparently not.

Unlike the others, the markings seem basically correct. On this one it's the base color that's completely wrong. It's gray, when all real F3Fs were silver, at least until the advent of camouflage.

The other screenies show markings that make the planes appear to have been made up of pieces of several different aircraft glued together in some kind of Frankenliveries.

Then there's the ones that paint the plane in the markings of squadrons that never flew the type, like VF-7, which only flew the very different looking -1 version, with its completely different nose, tail and cockpit enclosure.

Did they paint it in Army colors this time? Last time they even painted it in Army colors!

You'd think a payware publisher would feel some sort of obligation to get it right, but apparently not.
    That's cause the alpha's are not applied hence the gray look. With alpha's that changes to silver.

Mick said: Then there's the ones that paint the plane in the markings of squadrons that never flew the type, like VF-7, which only flew the very different looking -1 version, with its completely different nose, tail and cockpit enclosure.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think its a matter of creators license and not one of willful intent to harm or injure the sensibilities of the historical accuracy society.

The inclusion of the paint kit, as stated earlier makes this complaint moot at best.

No, there is no US Army paint scheme here, but as every aircraft was evaluated by every arm of the armed forces for viability, it is not outside the realm of possibility for one to have been painted thus.

I hope you are the only person who lacks the tolerance to perceive these original paint schemes as anything but acceptable - even as placeholders for the 3rd party artwork to follow - be patient man.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

[QUOTE=gray eagle;948708]. The upper button is moot and will not
    function as a starter button. Don't know why two start button were needed when the bottom one will convert to a electric switch or manual when you select the type of start you want (#25).
    So I have had my Ah ha moment and all works well.

and...you beat me to it -
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Good reference on F3F 2-MF-16 U.S.Marines in gray colors...

http://www.detailandscale.com/f3f_gr...photo_set.html

Looks good to me Ted, I think your paint will be spot on

Icon22

Hi TuFun,
    Any news for Your paintkit for the old version ? Unfortunately my budget actually doesn't allows me to purchase the new version .....

Just saw their promo video and the screenies above, and can't help noticing that, so many years after their first effort, they still haven't made any effort to produce authentic paint jobs. There were certainly plenty of squadrons that flew the type, and their liveries are thoroughly documented in photos, many in color. The markings system was simple and also well-documented. All the information is readily available from multiple easily-accessed sources. Apparently they just couldn't be bothered using it. How lazy is that?! Sad.
    Sorry Mick the "screenies above" are a paint I was doing (wasn't even finished yet) and have nothing to do with Aeroplane Heaven not doing their homework. And yes I know it's the F-1 not the F-2 but they didn't do the F-1 and I liked that skin. So if you hated that one this one's going to cause you to explode.
    BTW:Hats off to Aerolane heaven for the paint kit, very nice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-4-18_12-3-14-222.jpg  
    Last edited by gradyhappyg; April 18th, 2015 at 14:49.

Well now it is Sunday and nothing on P C Aviator or flightsim pilot shop or indeed a reply from aeroplane heaven.Pretty poor methinks.

Cheers Chris

For those who prefer plain gloss paint we can provide the schemes done that way pretty easily in the next patch. We chose silver as so many of our reference shots were like this one and we liked the finish.

NOBODY is more displeased or disappointed than we are about the vendor situation. We are NOT responsible for their policies or their logistics. We cannot reply with information we just do not have. They do not reply to us either.

We are currently missing out in sales, special deals and other promotions which could helps us right now so please stop kicking me about things I just cannot do. Next time we will not be giving out any release info when asked until the product is out in all vendors. Thankyou.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post

Next time we will not be giving out any release info when asked until the product is out in all vendors. Thank you.
    I've never been more excited about an aircraft than this one!!! Thanks a bunch for previews that you did provide!

-TuFun

I've never been more excited about an aircraft than this one!!! Thanks a bunch for previews that you did provide!

-TuFun
    +1..... Ditto. I thank the folks at AH for the FSX/P3D version and enjoy it a lot. The sounds are spot on to the real ones in the videos.

Once I figured out how things work - and read the manual a little , it is fun to fly. Glad to of done business with you guys at AH.

Bravo Zulu team AH.

U.s.marines 2-mf-16 (wip)

Here's quick look at 2-MF-16. Fonts will be modified and MARINES Globe also.

I'm buying this aircraft tomorrow, along with the Swift.

You're gonna love the "My Little Pony" livery I'm going to put on the F3F! Each pony will be historically accurate down to the correct color shade, and all references will come directly from the wiki.

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/My_Little_..._is_Magic_Wiki

I think AH has made amazing models over the years, and I'm sure this is no exception. Thanks for the opportunity to fly a true classic in FSX native style AH!
    ~Justin

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . ." — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Aeroplane Heaven has provided us with a beautifully detailed aircraft that (a) flies well, (b) sounds good, (c) traps aboard a carrier without nosing over (rare for a FSX tail dragger), (d) has nice animations, and (e) has a decent assortment of paints for an initial package. All for $20 US money. I would urge all of you who can't make your purchase yet to please be patient until Baz and the crew get the vendor issues sorted out. As for any dissatisfaction with the default paint jobs, I believe that's what the paint kit is for and I suspect our usual squad of painters will be getting the brushes and cans out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    NOBODY is more displeased or disappointed than we are about the vendor situation. We are NOT responsible for their policies or their logistics. We cannot reply with information we just do not have. They do not reply to us either.

We are currently missing out in sales, special deals and other promotions which could helps us right now so please stop kicking me about things I just cannot do. Next time we will not be giving out any release info when asked until the product is out in all vendors. Thankyou.

I'm among those european customers who eagerly wait for the vendors to offer the aircraft, and fully understand your situation. Francois gave us some insights on the unspeakable VAT situation here and the diffculties of selling products in the EU, even from within being located there. It has become a difficult matter, and expecially so for smaller companies.

As for publishing release dates, to me it's perfectly OK to announce the release as soon as it leaves the developers hangar, and by making it clear that european customers may have to wait until the vendors offer the product you told everyone what to expect. That's perfectly transparent to me, hence I really don't understand all the fuzz.

I personally would wish to see that people wouldn't bash the developers for this and that all the time and make the release of a new product a rather unpleasant experience. That doesn't serve any good, expecially if some real problems have to be sorted out. We'd come a lot farther if this would be commenced in a more cooperative way.

My 2ct,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Seen by one of the CBFS members on the AH Facebook page..

This from their Facebook feed... "We have news for DH104 Dove/Devon fans. It is highly likely that the Dove will be adopted by a well-known highly respected publisher. Therefore further testing and development progress will be posted once all this is confirmed. Thanks for your patience, she'll be worth it we promise." unquote

Damn it.. can't get rid of the italics!! This would certainly make sense after the trouble they've had with the F3F. They'll still be able to sell directly to some customers as they do now and the rest will be handled by a-n-other publisher. Let's hope it's Just Flight

ATB
    DaveB

I am planning on getting this just to do the Grumman Gulfhawk scheme.

Members who have read this thread: 5