Aeroplane Heaven new Grumman F3F-2! - Page 6
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven new Grumman F3F-2!

Hi Chris, we did our best to inform on the buy it now pages. We have had no emails to the help desk from any customers re the F3F expressing dissatisfaction. As we are very small, we do not operate a support forum outside of our Facebook pages.

Thanks AH, she's a beauty. And it's good to have you back!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Thanks AH, she's a beauty.
    another great screenie, Paul

A wee bit tough calling the vendors parasites. They enable small developers like AH, LHC and others to sell product to larger markets than we would normally be able to sell to. This enables those same small developers to continue developing ( paying for software upgrades and licenses for sounds/gauges/miscellaneous stuff ). Further to this it allows those small developers to sell to EU customers without the legal/tax issues that the EU VAT system forces developers to address. The fix I suppose would be to charge the VAT ourselves and add an administrative fee for EU customers only. However Eu customers would be rather angry to know that they are having to pay possibly 5-10 USD more for products as compared to the rest of the world. You would get what Australians have to deal with every day : Geographic based price inflation. Ask us how we feel about that !

Hats off to the companies that handle the EU VAT themselves ( A2A etc ) however I would prefer to make 3d models, drink beer and dream of shoehorning v8 engines into small and dangerous chassis's.

I'm the person who answers the help desk BTW. I dont bite.

A short vid of the before and after of the sound issue I had... no longer though. Default sound.cfg with only one change stated in the previous post in red.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    If you still have a roar sound when engine is shut down, try this... "minimum_speed=15.00" or any speed setting you like. Also, I change to c4wind4.wav that was in the F3F sound folder.

Located in the F3F sound folder in the sound.cfg file.

// Wind Sounds __________________________________________________ ______________

[WIND_SOUND]
    filename=c4wind4
    flags=0
    viewpoint=1
    rparams=16.000000,0.660000,120.000000,0.910000
    vparams=0.000000,0.000000,15.500000,7.200000,80.30 0003,14.800000,130.899994,20.400000,160.800003,30. 600000,190.699997,35.200001,210.199997,40.799999,2 40.000000,42.000000
    minimum_speed=15.00

I was getting that roar sound in external view with the engine shut off. Then I added the Minimum speed to the sound.cfg file.
    I did not hear any roar sound in the VC cockpit with the engine off. Was there another file that needed to be modified?

One thing I might make mention, after making this adjustment, when I press the start button, the start up sound will make a sound for a millisecond or so then nothing, no startup or sound.
    If I use the CTRL + E, I can get it started and hear the complete startup sound. Wierd.

FWIW ... I had one instance where the F3F loaded with a missing propeller. I just reloaded the aircraft and it was fine. The lights and switches work fine for me. I dont recall if it was a first flight or if I had loaded the Barrel after flying a different plane when the propellor (engine off - not spinning) failed to load.
    WRT to the startup and engine and flight controls: You have to familiarize yourself with the manual to avoid frustration
    Last edited by heywooood; April 17th, 2015 at 18:27.

Are you pressing and HOLDING the start button?

.I have all A2As products and their support forum and products should be used as an example to other developers.
    I think not.. just go onto the A2A forums and see how many questions remain unanswered.. particularly if the model isn't one of their latest and greatest!! Anywho.. that's by the by. In all fairness.. AH can't control how fast a vendor puts their product up for sale and as for support.. they do a fair job here even if here isn't where support should be dealt with

Nice vid TuFun
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I was getting that roar sound in external view with the engine shut off. Then I added the Minimum speed to the sound.cfg file.
    I did not hear any roar sound in the VC cockpit with the engine off. Was there another file that needed to be modified?

One thing I might make mention, after making this adjustment, when I press the start button, the start up sound will make a sound for a millisecond or so then nothing, no startup or sound.
    If I use the CTRL + E, I can get it started and hear the complete startup sound. Wierd.

No issue starting as seen in the video. Sound normal. That sound is only the wind sound. Shouldn't effect any other sounds. All it does is the wind sound will kick in at 15+ mph.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Are you pressing and HOLDING the start button?
    If you are asking me? Yes, I am. Since I made the recommended adjustments in the sound.cfg file, things changed i.e., I was able to press and hold the start button with the mouse and it would
    start, same with CTR + E. I may revert to the way it was till this is sorted.

If you are asking me? Yes, I am. Since I made the recommended adjustments in the sound.cfg file, things changed i.e., I was able to press and hold the start button with the mouse and it would
    start, same with CTR + E. I may revert to the way it was till this is sorted.
    Edit: I reverted to the original settings and; I press the start button and it will start with no issues.

Nice little plane I am very pleased.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-4-18_0-32-32-265.jpg   2015-4-18_0-31-9-572.jpg   2015-4-18_0-23-30-707.jpg   2015-4-18_0-24-6-233.jpg  

Just saw their promo video and the screenies above, and can't help noticing that, so many years after their first effort, they still haven't made any effort to produce authentic paint jobs. There were certainly plenty of squadrons that flew the type, and their liveries are thoroughly documented in photos, many in color. The markings system was simple and also well-documented. All the information is readily available from multiple easily-accessed sources. Apparently they just couldn't be bothered using it. How lazy is that?! Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    If you still have a roar sound when engine is shut down, try this... "minimum_speed=15.00" or any speed setting you like. Also, I change to c4wind4.wav that was in the F3F sound folder.

Located in the F3F sound folder in the sound.cfg file.

// Wind Sounds __________________________________________________ ______________

[WIND_SOUND]
    filename=c4wind4
    flags=0
    viewpoint=1
    rparams=16.000000,0.660000,120.000000,0.910000
    vparams=0.000000,0.000000,15.500000,7.200000,80.30 0003,14.800000,130.899994,20.400000,160.800003,30. 600000,190.699997,35.200001,210.199997,40.799999,2 40.000000,42.000000
    minimum_speed=15.00

I watched your video and noted the before/after effect when using the entry^. It works now. I think what may of happened was when I applied the change, I reloaded my "last flight" which was a F3F, and
    was having issues as previously described. I reapplied the change, and selected a new flight using a different F3F livery and after pressing the start button, I waited like you did in your
    vid then cut the engine and voila no wind sound. I was a little confused in the way you stated, the entry to make , then where to make it.

Thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Just saw their promo video and the screenies above, and can't help noticing that, so many years after their first effort, they still haven't made any effort to produce authentic paint jobs. There were certainly plenty of squadrons that flew the type, and their liveries are thoroughly documented in photos, many in color. The markings system was simple and also well-documented. All the information is readily available from multiple easily-accessed sources. Apparently they just couldn't be bothered using it. How lazy is that?! Sad.
    Well, maybe some of our talented painters here will use the paint kit that AH provided and just have a ball churning out other liveries.

Well it has just gone two in the afternoon here in the UK and nothing on PC aviator or fspilotshop.

Anybody got any news?

Cheers Chris

External wind roar

I forgot to mention that when attempting start up in cockpit view and pressing the Electric start button then switching to external view, I can here that wind roar a little in the background as the engine is running. When I kill the engine (external view) everything is quiet. I noticed that in Tufun's startup vid that he manually cracked the throttle full open and then hit the start button.
    I noticed that when I hit the electric start button the throttle will animated to the full open all on it's own while starting. Six of one and half dozen of 'nother.
    Should the throttle be manually pushed full open first then the start button?

BTW, why the two starter buttons (One above the other) - electric starter switch and a conventional one.

EDIT: In spot view, if I hit the pause key, the wind noise is gone and all I hear is just the engine.

I forgot to mention that when attempting start up in cockpit view and pressing the Electric start button then switching to external view, I can here that wind roar a little in the background as the engine is running. When I kill the engine (external view) everything is quiet. I noticed that in Tufun's startup vid that he manually cracked the throttle full open and then hit the start button.
    I noticed that when I hit the electric start button the throttle will animated to the full open all on it's own while starting. Six of one and half dozen of 'nother.
    Should the throttle be manually pushed full open first then the start button?

BTW, why the two starter buttons (One above the other) - electric starter switch and a conventional one.

EDIT: In spot view, if I hit the pause key, the wind noise is gone and all I hear is just the engine.
    for me, its not the throttle, but the Mixture (Red) lever that slides full forward to full rich...the Throttle lever (Black) stays put...
    this also happens with the Globe Swift...the little Mixture knob moves inward to full rich when I activate the starter, I just move them back to the proper setting once the engine is running.

Note: the F3F can be started either with the electric starter or the original shotgun shell starter that was used to save weight
    (its all in the manual - shhhh)
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Available appropriate WWII aircraft carrier?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Aside from that. . .how'd you like the airplane?

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Aside from that. . .how'd you like the airplane?
    hahahahaha.. that made me laugh

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    hahahahaha.. that made me laugh

ATB
    DaveB
    Me too. I was also thinking, if someone is so upset about the textures, what's keeping them from making new ones? They did release it with a paint kit.

Also, I'm just happy to have a dedicated FSX version of this plane.

What would happen if us Europeans tried to purchase via the AH site?? Will it reject the order when it finds out where we live? It's still not up at either FSPS or PCA btw.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    for me, its not the throttle, but the Mixture (Red) lever that slides full forward to full rich...the Throttle lever (Black) stays put...
    this also happens with the Globe Swift...the little Mixture knob moves inward to full rich when I activate the starter, I just move them back to the proper setting once the engine is running.

Note: the F3F can be started either with the electric starter or the original shotgun shell starter that was used to save weight
    (its all in the manual - shhhh)

Yeah, your right, my bad, It is the Mixture lever. When I use the shotgun starter it will start (makes a brief whirring noise) then quit, every time I try using that upper starter button.
    The bottom starter button (Electric start button) - no probs. Say, was there a shotgun bang sound when using the shotgun starter?

Members who have read this thread: 5